Options
2»

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thankyou so much Elna,Toni and Christine
    Toni my wee friend knows I am having one hips done...he says its not far to leave the other one...bless him...I feel so selfish knowing nothing is helping him at the min...
    Elna my mum used to say things will come and go..I will ask about the tablets..I am not bothered about needles but the though of doing my own..I might shocked myself... :)
    Christine you do sound like me...I try to plan everything but I think to much about whats coming after and there is nothing I can do about it...but go with it...
    You will all remind me of this when I am home.... :oops: :lol:
    Thankyou again
    Love to all of you xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    Sorry I'm late answering this post but we did talk by pm
    Remember what I said about my surgeon when asked if he was doing both together??? He just laughed...looked at my OH and said....she wouldn't have a leg to stand on if I did both at once :lol::lol:
    As for the injections...they're a doddle....I've never given myself injections before but when it came to it....I did it before breakfast {got it over and done with} after the first one it didn't seem so scary ...
    The girl opposite me had her THR about the same time and dreaded the injections and didn't give them to herself until 4pm so from she got up until 4pm she worried about them....I asked her why she didn't do them first thing...she said that's the time they did them in hospital :roll: Blow that :lol: You'll be fine pet and you know we are all here for you. You and I have gone through the same sort of thing for such a long time.
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thanks so much Hileena..I have PMed you its my fault I forgot to update you :roll:
    You do talk a lot of sense..if others can do it then I am sure I will especially if the nurses make me... :o:lol: I wont want to be seen has a wimp..just wait till I get home you will all have to tell me to shut up... :oops:
    I hope you are doing okish after the car accident...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's often the case that we surprise ourselves with what we manage to do when we have to do it. Doing anything for the first time is always the hardest - your first 'proper' kiss, the first time you get overdrawn, the first time you give birth (which has to be a damn sight harder than having an op), the first time you commit murder :wink: but thereafter it all becomes a doddle.

Our lovely, lovely Joan was spot on (as usual). We'll be here. Simples. You are always there for us and we will be there for you. Rocket science it ain't. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    It's often the case that we surprise ourselves with what we manage to do when we have to do it. Doing anything for the first time is always the hardest - your first 'proper' kiss, the first time you get overdrawn, the first time you give birth (which has to be a damn sight harder than having an op), the first time you commit murder :wink: but thereafter it all becomes a doddle.

Our lovely, lovely Joan was spot on (as usual). We'll be here. Simples. You are always there for us and we will be there for you. Rocket science it ain't. DD
    DD I have done them all apart from murder... :lol: now if my OH nags me when I get home who knows... :shock: xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Just needed to say ....
    ((((Barbara))))

Anything I can do please just ask. Uve been such a support to so many including me, you are truly kind!!x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hi Debbie
    How lovely of you I am blushing here :oops: I do like to support people it takes my mind off me..Thankyou for your support it means a lot.. :D
    Love Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    There you are then - you've done them all apart from murder. I've never done childbirth but I reckon if you can get through that then, hells bells girl, you can do this. We will be there, cheering you on (whether the surgeon likes it or not). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Hi Barbara;

I thought I would wade in too with many hugs (()) and well wishes for your surgery.

You know, thinking about it will be the worst part. Before you know it'll be over and you'll be recovering and on your way to less pain :D.

Thinking of you,
    Anna
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Have PM'd you Barbara. All I can say is that you will need some very large pockets for us all to come with you. Am sure you will be fine. As the others say, it's the thinking about it that is the worst part.

Take care. Beryl ((((()))))