The Princess and the Pea.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 17. Jul 2013, 14:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
Or in my version,the old hag and the sulphasalazine tablet. I went to take last night's dose and, thanks to mis-behaving hands, I managed to to spill a few tablets. I thought I'd picked them all up but no, I awoke this morning with one stuck in the small of my back.

My ankles have decided to join the knees and I think I have to blame the weather. Last summer was a washout and all was OK but this prolonged spell of hot and humid is causing havoc. Reading the forum over the past few days it would appear that us auto-immuners are not having a great time but then do we ever? :lol: Right, pills and a cuppa are on the menu. That means moving. :cry: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,925
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello DD
    I know pills try to escape us when I can.you take care I hope everything
    settles down soon
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    My ankles and knees, normally no issue to me, are complaining much too. Damn things!
    Hope you feel better soon and there are no more peas to disturb the princess. I like your arthritic version of the story though, see we can still live in fairy tale land some of the time!xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Ye gods I feel grotty. I'm used to feeling rubbish and flogging on but this is horrid. I was supposed to be dealing today with some complex forms concerning my late father's works pension, stuff for the chap dealing with my probate and sorting out some other recently deceased mum stuff too but I have the attention span of a gnat, limbs which appear to be made of concrete and I cannot hold a pen no matter what grip I try. Tomorrow maybe. At least I know that will be another day and hopefully not too much like this one. DD
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Oh dear DD, just sending some understanding and sympathy. This weather seems to be giving many of us grief, and you've had so much to cope with of late.

Hope that you get some sleep tonight, and tomorrow is a better one for you.

Deb x
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hope you feel a little better tomorrow DD. I'm suffering as well as can't take this extreme heat and praying for it to cool down, just a little bit. It's bad enough trying to cope with pain without having to deal with the heat.

Take care. Beryl
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you dibdab and Beryl, my chest is now tightening; this is a reminder of the old days when the temperature would begin to drop, the pollen would descend and breathing hell would begin. I thank whoever for inhalers, I remember the first one that came along and what a miracle it was. I was also planning to go for a blood test today but I reckon that's another thing best left until tomorrow.

I think all us auto-immuners are struggling at the moment, I cannot remember feeling so rough before in hot weather but it's been some time since we had weather like this. Another five days at least to go, what deep, deep joy. DD
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Yes, DD this weather is no good for man nor beast, and dare I say it none of us are getting any younger either :wink: :oops: and don't I know it :lol: time for you to slow down a wee bit I think. At least it has been a bit cooler here today, hopefully get down to a reasonable temperature soon............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi DD ,So sorry you are having such a rough time and your right this weather is rotten,it's my injection day tomorrow so am a bit achey anyway but my fingers feel like little fat sausages which I put down to the humidity.Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    It's a useful method of pill-storage, DD, but I doubt it'll catch on.

As for the lethargy - my recipe is to just go with the flow in this weather. My RA has always disliked hot temperatures, especially when accompanied by humidity.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well, I made a humungous effort and Clattered off for my blood test. It was pretty quiet up there so I was seen in under five minutes. I didn't drive particularly well but I didn't hit anything - and I also saw a new sign up there which brightened my day considerably. It read 'Satellite Breast Screening' That led to mental image or two - a bunch of ladies all having the same appointment time, being shepherded into a car park to bare all to the skies as the satellite passed overhead. :wink: DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol: And you still didn't hit anything?
    Steven Wright
  • Sharon2960
    Sharon2960 Member Posts: 329
    Options
    DD, you're always so supportive ad helpful to everyone here - I really hope you feel better real soon, take care

Sharon
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    I'd just like to ditto Sharon's post. Loved the 'satellite' image.

Take care,

Meg
  • kentishlady
    Options
    Loved the idea of the 'satellite' DD. Imagination can run riot with all of us!! Do hope you feel a little better tomorrow. Take care. Beryl
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Sorry you're struggling so much with the heat DD. Well done going for your blood test. The satellite is a funny image. made me giggle.
    Christine
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Didn't know that satellites had breasts.... ah well you live and learn.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well, today is off to a better start. The ankles and knees have calmed down, I am feeling better in myself and I think I will attribute this to the fact that yesterday I drank five pints of water - not all in one go I hasten to add. I shall keep sipping water throughout today, I may have been more dehydrated than I realised.

I am still giggling over the satellite breast screening. The hospital also has new symbols for their various departments. Rheumatology has a knee with a glowing red hot spot in its centre. I know how that feels. DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Are you sure it's a knee and not a 'satellite breast' :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,925
    Options
    Hello Princess DD
    I hope you have a better day today.i'm pleased your ankles and knee's have calmed down.
    did you see in the s.n today a lady wants to be in a wheelchair there is nothing wrong with her legs but she wants a op to make her legs stop working she wants to be a paraplegic. not sure of the spelling.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I haven't seen this story but I do know that there is a medical / mental condition where people wish to deprive themselves of limbs or the use of in order to feel 'whole'. Weird, isn't it? Those who are chair-bound don't wish for it and those who don't do. The mind is a curious thing. DD

PS I rather like being a princess. :wink:
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Glad it's a better day today Princess DD! :D

Think my chest is coming out in sympathy with yours, and the RA is just playing mean. Thank heavens for all the wonderful medics and medication that keep us functioning!

Now I'm conjuring with the vision of satellite breast sailing over head shown on a giant cinema screen :o . May need to share that one with hubby, it will make him smile.

Deb x
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Glad you are feeling a bit better today DD. Or should I say Princess DD? Do we have to curtsey now? :lol:
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    What do you mean curtsey now? Haven't you always? :wink:

Well, after another few pints of water yesterday things are still feeling 'reasonable' (and I use that term loosely). Today is due to be another scorcher, it's 20 degrees and it's only 8.45am. :shock: Another gentle day for Daisy, methinks, I have a few chores but I will spread them out and rest in between. As per usual. :lol:
  • kentishlady
    Options
    Good morning your Highness!! Am pleased to hear you are feeling a little better. It's already 75 degrees here and not 10 o'clock yet! When I wake up I work out what chores I want/need to do for the day. The problem is that I very rarely achieve crossing off everything on the list, particularly in this heat! It's supposed to be cooling down on Saturday. All I can say is "bring on Saturday."

Take care Princess. Hope your 'reasonable' day continues.

Beryl
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I was tidying up when I found a letter from the hospital. I have a breast screening today at 2.45. :shock: Dammit. Anyhoo I have dug out a load of old bras, they take them to be sent on to poorer countries round the world.

I wonder what their new sign will look like? :lol: DD