I'M BACK WITH MY NEW HIP

Options

Comments

• kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Barbara. Am pleased to know you are making such good progress. It is a little cooler than it has been but still a bit warm for me. Seems it is going to be even hotter next week - oh dear - shall be melting quietly in a corner somewhere!

Take care. (((()))) Beryl xx
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    So sorry to be late with this Barbara. Its wonderful your home. Now the real recovery starts but don't push yourself you'll get there in the end. May
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Just a few of these (((()))) I'm thinking of you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello Barbara
    how is flipper behaving have a good weekend with plenty of rest.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Hope you are all doing the best you can in this weather
    And a big thank you to Joan , Maria,Hileena, Elizabeth, SW, Debbie, Beryl ,and May
    I never ever forget how we are all in the same sought of boat on here, and how kind and supportive everyone is
    I didnt sleep last night but not done to bad,I think it must be the healing process but the pain has really kicked in today...
    On the good side I am much more organized well we are I should say...I have a list of things that have to go to bed with me....and our Hileena told me to leave a spare crutch upstairs so I have borrowed one and it is much easier that having one under your arm :roll:
    Has you can see by our Joan's post my new hip is flipper... :lol:
    May dont you dare apologies for being later I will go and have a look at your thread and see how you and hubby are going on
    Love to all of you xxxxxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Sorry Barbara. Didn't notice you had this thread. Been keeping up with you in the cafe. Flipper is a good name for your new hip. Hope he (or is it she?) starts behaving soon and not giving you any pain.
    Christine
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Barbara,

sending ((((hugs))))

hope you feel better each day and flipper behaves! :wink:

Rose x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi dear Barbara

So good to hear that you are doing well, have had a hair wash and will be sponging down the TEDS from now on after that joint experience! :shock: Sounds like the best idea! ;) Your sense of humour is great to hear. Best way to be. You take care, at least it was cooler today. I got some energy back today that I had completely lost the past few days.

Look after yourself,

Love and gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Barbara, sorry to hear you are in pain hopefully it wont last too long, trying to keep fingers crossed for you that you will be pain free soon............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope the pains a little easier today.
    Roast chicken today. Mig
  • barbara12
    Options
    A big Thank you to Mig, Marie, Elna, Christine and Rose
    Elna it is much cooler here....I did wish for summer but not that hot... :o the clips are much less painful....I just have a deep ache but to be expected...I can feel the difference between that pain and the one I had before...must say the hardest bit is trying to fetch and carry...I go everywhere with a carrier bag...thank you As**... :D my other hips is really complaining....but I am not listening it can go and run for the min
    Cant wait for Tuesday...clips out....and Wednesday is 2 weeks..post op... :D
    Love to all of you xxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    My clips irritated me by the time they were due out too. The best bit about getting them out was the shower afterwards!

It sounds like you are doing well - keep it up! :D
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi Barbara Have been thinking about you and wondering how you are getting on.. Glad you are making good progress. Am sure you are glad it's cooler, I know I am, but don't like the idea of it being even hotter later this week. Hope Flipper is behaving. Take care. Beryl. (((()))) xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I apologise for not looking in since Thursday but we had another death in the family, this one out of the blue.

My word girl, you are doing so well. I am not surprised that things are hurting but that will pass with time, meanwhile you have the dullers which will help to ease matters. How are you feeling in yourself? Major surgery is a shock to one's system but hopefully you are feeling generally OK. Keep up the good work, don't do too much as these are still relatively early days, I am thinking of you and am still dead impressed you went ahead and did it. Go Barbara! Go Barbara! Go Barbara! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    You're doing so well, Barbara! And so organised! Clips out tomorrow. Won't that feel good? (Trust me, the answer to that is 'yes' :D ) Keep doing just what you're doing. It's working.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Well done Barbara you seem to be getting on really well, not long to go now clips will be out tomorrow, can't believe that is nearly two weeks by already. Keep going missus you know we are all behind you....................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hey Barbara, hope you enjoyed the cooler weekend! Only a day to go till your clips come out! :wink: You sound like you've sorted things out at home to make things a little easier for you while recovering!! Good for you! Take care, careful ((((HUGS)))) . bubbadog x
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    So pleased that things are going well for you, Barbara. Keep up the good work.

Meg
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello Barbara
    how are the exercises going are they getting easer to do.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Barbara. I hope the pain has lessened.

I still use carrier bags all the time.
    Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hello everyone
    Sorry I wont name each of you but I have read all your post...my brain is a bit mushy today...my good hip...what a joke...is really letting me down at the min...nearly broke my back on the stairs... :shock: not a lot of pain with the new one and it is doing well....its just these hands and good hip...but I will get there ...thanks to all of you....
    Hope you are all managing in this heat.... :)
    Love to all of you xxxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    Your good hip I'm afraid is taking the weight for you new hip so making the pain in the good one worse
    Are they planning doing the other hip any time soon
    Keep taking it slow and steady you will get there
    Maria
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I think Maria is right but it is still early days yet. I'm sure things will start to ease soon. You'll probably feel much better when you get the pins out. Once you've got your other hip done, you could maybe ask about getting new hands.
    Christine
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Options
    Well done Barbara....sorry I've missed this.
    Hope you are soon skipping about :D
    Ruby
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Barbara,

Just popping in to see if you have been dancing yet, as i have read you are not quite ready for that yet! Take it easy ((((hugs)))) would a walking frame help take off some of the weight from other hip? or have you already got one? Stairs are a nightmare!

Hope you feel better soon
    luv n hugs Rose x