Options
13»

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    Just popping in here to offer my good wishes too. (although you know we have spoken via text already x)
    I hope that the rain has cooled things a little for you. It sounds like you are doing well with your recovery. Things will be better when you have your other hip sorted too. But all in good time!
    Take care xx
    NB
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Sounds as though slow and steady will win the race, you need to watch your 'good' hip now as you don't want to make that one deteriorate quickly. And your poor hands need some TLC. Take care and make sure you don't go over doing it as you are suppose to be convalescing after a big operation!! Enjoying the cooler weather!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thank you Maria, Chrsitine, Ruby, NB, and bubba
    Maria I expected my old hip to be painful....sounds strange saying old hip...I just hope it recovers a little I dont want to go through all this again in 6 months....
    Ruby its good to see you ...I do hope that things are improving your end...
    I am still waiting for the nurse....the morning has really dragged....can't wait for a shower...
    Last night was a bad one for some strange reason...they just come from nowhere..but its easy to forget what has gone on inside... :shock:
    Love to all of you xxxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Thinking of you, Barbara. I hope the nurse comes soon :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    Options
    oops sorry Rose forgot to thank you..they wont let me use a frame till I have my 6 weeks checkup, but I will certainly have a look at them...I have been walking with my wheelchair before the op....so there not much difference really apart from when I was in pain hubby could push me.... :)
    SW no sign of her yet...but I know they are run ragged.....
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    Options
    OK I'll pop round with me tweezers, shall I :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    Options
    OK I'll pop round with me tweezers, shall I :lol:
    Oh please...I will make you a cuppa....OH has done a runner thinking she was coming....and his phone is here....men... :o
    Love
    Barbara
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Silly OH
    I said I'd take them out for you did the ward give you a clip remover? We had to send our patients home with one as our DNs used to,say they didn't have them! I think they did they just wanted to keep their budget down!
    It a pity they don't ring before hand to,say they are on their way but I don't think they would get a chance
    As for cleaning the house for her arrival I would be the same! My dads mentioned he would pay for a cleaner to do my house I said save your money as I'd have to clean before she got here aren't we a silly lot!
    Maria
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Hope the nurse has been now Barbara, and you've got your clips out.
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, have you been 'done'? I freely admit that this was the bit that would reduce me to childish whimpers of fear and terror :oops: but I won't let that little hiccup deter me from any further surgery. Keep up the good work, BraveBarbara, you are doing so well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thnakyou Maria Christine and DD...and anyone else that I might miss
    The staples are out...5.30 she apologised for running late...bless they are so busy..
    Maria you are right I was dreading it when they said staples but much easier to get out than stitches....and so neat....they didnt hurt one bit no tugging or anything ...there were 32 tiny silver colored staples.. fascinating ..but I cant shower till Thursday...she has put another dressing on to cover the little puncture mark and I can take it of when I shower....
    Thank everyone for thinking of me xxxxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    I am so glad your nurse finally arrived and the staples are now out. It does make a big difference doesn't it Barbara. So, now it's onwards and upwards with the recovery. Good to hear you have a nice straight scar, that is something I wish I had, mine still looks wrong, but there you go.

Barbara, I am so proud of you, you are doing so very well. Keep up the good work. You can do the marathon maybe next year. :roll: That's something they told me. Ha ha.
    Karen xx
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi Barbara. So glad to hear you have had your staples removed and I am sure you will now feel more comfortable. You are doing really well. Slow but sure and you will get there. Take care. Beryl. xx. (((())))
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Hi Barbara, Glad your clip free now! Bet it feels wonderful!! Take care and enjoy!! :)
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,924
    Options
    Hello Barbara
    you are doing well how does your leg feel walking now.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It is always a relief to get those little things out - without a doubt one feels 'free-er' after. Not long now BB, you can shower soon and won't that feel lovely! DD

PS Shall I come round to scrub your back? :wink:
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Have you had your shower yet?? Glad staple removal went well. A couple of mine stung a bit. I stopped counting! :lol: Hope you are getting on OK. xx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    How was the shower, Barbara? Very good, I bet, but probably quite tiring. Rest up now and admire your punctures :)
    Steven Wright
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    Did you keep your clips so you could make a necklace out of them :lol:
    Just a silly thought
    Maria
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Bet the shower felt good!! Hope your doing well, and your well on the way to recovery!! :)
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,924
    Options
    Hello Barbara
    you are doing well how are you sleeping it's not so nice on your back
    but it's worth it.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello Barbara, how are things going? I'm sorry I haven't looked in for a couple of days but I have been thinking of you. DD
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Barbara,

Hope you are coping in the heat and that all is well with the hip?
    take care mi dear :D
    Rose x