Thank you, Bubbadog, I appreciate your kind words. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Thank you, Bubbadog, I appreciate your kind words. DD

No problem DD, they come from the heart. Sorry wasn't about yesterday bad day. :(
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I had a rough yesterday too, I had to go to the solicitors re. technical stuff about Ma's estate. I hope you're feeling better today. DD
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Hi DD. In case I don't get on here tomorrow, I just want to say that I will be thinking of you on Wednesday and hope everything goes as well as it can.

Susie
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh! How very kind of you to remember, thank you. I will be around tomorrow because we won't be leaving until around 7pm. We will return on the Wednesday afternoon / evening, oh I hope I feel more at ease within myself once the goodbyes have been done. The family have specified no flowers but I am going to buy a single red rose and return after to place it wherever I can. DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I'm sure you'll cope well because that's what you do but I, too, shall be thinking of you very much.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Will be with you in spirit DD,the rose is a lovely idea.(((()))) Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you both, I will definitely be needing your support. I would urge you, however, not to get too near to me because I seem to be developing a sore throat. Bummer. I was due to humira last Friday but decided to delay it until today so that I would have the best of it to get me through Wednesday. I didn't get around to it and now I may not. Double bummer. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    DD I will be thinking about you (((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Will be thinking of you DD and hope all goes as well as possible. Take care of yourself. Beryl. ((())) xx
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    I always feel something is missing when they say no flowers, but the rose is a lovely idea.

I do hope the sore throat doesn't develop into anything too nasty.

Susie
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    I know we hardly know one another, but you've been so kind to me. I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your cousin, and your parents. I can't offer much, but will be thinking of you and sending virtual hugs xxx
    Toots x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh Toots, thank you. My Ma died in April, aged 89, and my cousin played the organ at her funeral. (He also played at my dad's in 2002 and other family members, including his own parents and the memorial service for his nephew). He also took her for days out and, just before he died, sent me a DVD of some excursions he had filmed with my Ma and her younger sister - my last phone call to him was one of appreciation and thanks but he was not in the mood to talk, typical of him. :wink: He always answered the phone with a rather disdainful 'You rang?' :)

Hello to the two Bs, namely Barbara and Beryl - thank you for your good wishes, I appreciate your kindness in posting with support.

Susie? Yes, no flowers but they have requested donations to the BHF - he died from a massive heart attack but when was not fully determined at the PM. Once my inheritance is sorted I will donate the money I was going to give to him as a 'thank you' for all he did for my Ma and late Pa, in the meantime Mr DD is taking care of that side of things. I will, however, leave the rose. DD
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I'll be thinking of you DD. You are a strong woman so you will be ok. Hope the sore throat clears up tonight. The rose is a lovely idea. Take care of yourself. (((hugs)))
    Christine
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    I'll be thinking of you, too, DD. You're having a really difficult year. Take care.

Meg
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Will be thinking of you DD, the rose is a lovely thought.............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Thinking of you DD x
    Toots x
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    (((((DD))))) My deepest sympathies & strength filled thoughts are with you on such a sad day. Take care of ureself, I hope ure throat comes to nothing.xx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Leaving some (((hugs))) for you DD.
    Christine
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Dear DD,

I hope you are feeling ok and sending hugs your way((())).

Words typically fail me on such occasions, but I am thinking of you.

Best wishes,
    xxAnna
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you one and all, thank you. It went well, in fact better than well. Nearly a month after his death it still felt wrong (everyone agreed on that because yup, he shouldn't have died) but no matter, it went well. The choice of music was spot-on, the family did the 'pulling together' bit, as did the people in the other areas of his life, and it was good.

Some other positives also happened, the 210 year old grand piano will live on albeit in a very different form and my cousin's daughter and fiancé will visit Ma's to see if they like various bits of furniture with which to begin their married life. All in all it was a curate'e egg of a day. I am more settled now it's done. DD
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    I'm glad things went well DD. I sympathize & really feel for you, it's been an awful lot to cope with in such a short space of time.

(((((DD)))))) xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    So pleased it went as well as it could, DD, given the sadness of the occasion.

Meg
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    A sad day for you all DD. Glad though about the positives coming out of it. I guess that is the point of a funeral; it really helps to share that time with friends and family.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Pleased it went well for you all.
    It's good if some of the furniture can help a young couple out ,the circle of life goes on and on.Mig