Why?

Options
maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
edited 22. Sep 2013, 09:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Why when you get over one crisis and think right can start living with no worries does something happen turn your world upside down and the stress starts all over again
I'm now getting to the stage when I think what's the point!!
Maria :(

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh, Maria. I feel for you. You're going through a tough time at the moment, but, hopefully, things will improve. It's all about life's ups and downs, I suppose. Be kind to yourself and take it easy. We're thinking about you.

Meg
  • lily
    lily Member Posts: 160
    Options
    Maria

Im so sorry life is hard at the moment, I can so relate to this, its like life goes from one crisis to another without any letup

I cannot give any advice other than to say be good to yourself and as we all know things eventually will settle down,its the eventual part that we all want to know when this will be

Thinking of you
    Take care
    Lily x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's called life and this is what it does. I've not had a good year but so what? I have blessings in my life, including a good husband and some cracking friends, they are constants and I am fortunate in that regard. Sometimes it is easy to lose sight of the better things but I am sure they are there and you will find them in due course. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • maria09
    Options
    Maybe it is life
    But all in 2 years!!!!
    First my father in law died of cancer, 3 months after my mother had a stroke and nearly died no a number of occasions, whilst all this was going on and 2 months after that another uncle died of cancer thn July last year daughter was seriously ill and if she hadn't gone into hospital and had 3 units of blood she would have died! With all that going on I was trying to go own ill health route at work and had my ward manager making my life hell, and again in the middle of all this my daughter was re admitted and spent 10 days having IV steroids
    Plus I had all the cr*p with DWP and Atos so
    Last week I thought great I'd lost my DW appeal and thought at least I've got my ill health pension which is more than most so time to get on with my life
    Then whack! Daughter was called urgently to GP this week her Azothiaprine medication for her colitis was working too well and suppressing her bone marrow and was what's called neutropenic s o she's one prone to any infection and she can't fight it therefore getting the common cold means it could easily become pneumonia!
    The other thing that can now happen as her colitis flares and can not be controlled at the age of 19 she could end up with a colostomy and also more prone to bowel cancer
    So I think that enough of the so called thing called life!
    I'm sorry if this offends anyone it's not meant to
    But surprisingly enough writing all that down had helped to make me feel better and ready to carry on fighting
    On a good note whilst my daughter was in hospital last and only having 4 weeks to study for her its exams at uni she got a 1st in these exams and was 1st in the year
    Enough rambling for now I'm off to make a cuppa
    Maria
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    And there's your better bit. Well done to your girl, despite everything that has been going on she has achieved those excellent results. DD
  • maria09
    Options
    I know DD she's so clever but never flaunts it
    She's also manager of the choir
    I don't know how she will keep away from infections she's surrounded by people every where
    Just need a magic bubble to go round her or a magnetic field to bounce the bugs away
    She's living with 4 of her friends we went to her house today and the washing up was done and kitchen tidy but that's before the others get back later this week!
    I've told her to tell them exactly what's wrong they know she's poorly but not how bad so I've said just tell them her bone marrow is not producing the white cells that's needed to fight infections and it could be very serious if she gets ill
    If I could cross my fingers for Friday I would but can't!
    Wish it was me not her she doesn't deserve it
    Maria
  • maria09
    Options
    She is DD
    I just wish it was me that had her rotten condition so she can enjoy her life not worrying what's going to happen next
    She should be out enjoying herself not worrying that she cant go out as she could get an infection and end up in hospital
    Grrrr
    Maria
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    From what I understand those feelings are the norm for mums. I'm sure mine had similar emotions concerning me when I was a child and I know she felt very guilty about the way things turned out which, let's face it, was utterly pointless and just added to the load we both carried. Things are as they are, she wasn't to know how my life would turn out - no mum knows that. DD

PS Maybe it's time to see your GP? He or she may be able to help with either counselling or anti-deps.
  • maria09
    Options
    Hi DD
    I don't need antidepressants been on them when I really needed them and they work so I know they are there if I do in fact still have some in my meds drawer
    My daughter is on waiting list of counselling so its all pending
    It just felt good writing it all down
    As a mother you would die for your child no,matter what age they are
    My mum bless her says she will help me whenever I need her to do cleaning even though she had her stroke and is totally paralysed down her left side I always ok mum just wait till you feel up to it
    So the bond is there no matter what the circumstances are
    Saying that there are mothers out there without a single maternal bone in their body
    Maria
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Maria I think you just need to talk..and I for one don't mind listening...you will come through this I promise..and well done to your daughter for getting such good results with all she has to put up with...(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • maria09
    Options
    Thank you Barbara
    Writing it down did certainly help
    Maria
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,936
    Options
    Hello Maria
    you are a strong lady you and your daughter will get through this.
    your daughter did well.
    ((((((((((Maria and her Daughter))))))))
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Hi Maria;

My goodness you have had your share and now again with your daughter. That is the worst stress having a sick child (even if she is an adult). I am sorry. Do rant away if it helps! That's awful plus you are probably feeling her illness step by step (as well as your own); sending you some hugs
    (((((Maria)))))).

Don't forget to keep taking care of yourself. I know you are a nurse but sometimes nurses are bad for taking self-sacrifice to an extreme when caring for others. Please take some time for yourself to rest, pamper yourself and recover your strength.
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hi Maria,

Life has certainly dealt you a rough hand of late, just wanted to send some hugs:
    {{{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}

Keep ranting when you need to, we're here to listen and share, and it often helps to get it off your chest.

Deb x
  • petals
    petals Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Hi Maria,

Sorry you are having such a tough time.
    You have had a lot to cope with over the past two years and it looks like it has all caught up with you.

You sound like a giver who concentrates on looking after everybody else but right now you need to give yourself a break.

I know that your (very clever) daughter is very poorly at the moment and that is the hardest thing for any Mum. However, she needs you to be strong for her and to do this you must take care of yourself first.

If you feel exhausted with it all, would it help to have a couple of douvet days, with a couple of good books, DVDs, lots of tea and bickies, hot water bottle to cuddle, just total rest to recharge your batteries.

I hope you are feeling better soon, come on here and moan as much as you like, you are entitled.

Love Petals xx
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Am so sorry you are having such a tough time, Maria, and I do hope things will improve soon for you, and for your daughter too. Congratulations to her for doing so well in her exams in spite of all her problems. Take care of yourself. Am sending a few ((((())))) in case they are needed. Beryl. xx
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Hugs Maria, I hope today is a slightly better day all round. Don't be hard on yourself, everyone has a breaking point and it sounds like getting it off your chest may have helped a little. It never fails to amaze me that the wonderful people here, yourself included, are always ready for kind words and it really does lift your spirits. More hugs. And a couple of extra hugs xxx
    Toots x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    ((((())))) Maria, hopefully getting things off your chest is making you feel a wee bit better, I hope you have taken the others advice and have some you time............tc.................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • maria09
    Options
    I have well not exactly me time I've had the urge to clean to take my mind off things
    So kitchens done floor washed and now rest time while floor dries
    Then sitting room next
    Maria :)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Well done to your daughter for some cracking exam results. I hope Friday brings good news.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • maria09
    Options
    Thank you all for your support will let you know how she gets on
    Maria
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hello Maria. You have been busy. Well done. Am afraid I've had an 'easy day'. Went a bit mad yesterday, clearing out airing cupboard and sorting out rubbish that I've somehow managed to accumulate, so that I could put it out for bin collection today. I agree thst keeping busy does help to take your mind off things, but the trouble is that we usually pay for it later.

Think you deserve a rest and a cuppa. Take care. Beryl. (((())))x
  • maria09
    Options
    Thank you Beryl
    Appointment was ok she needs weekly bloods until neutropenia as settled then back on the Azothiaprine so will wait for IBD nurse to let us know when
    Had a discussion regarding surgery and colostomy which is the next option so lots to think about
    Luckily her IBD nurse is excellent and answers truthfully
    As long as my daughters ok I'm ok
    Amazingly enough my Arthur has been really good these last few days
    Onwards and upwards
    Maria
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    I've been thinking about you this morning Maria. So pleased that the appointment went well.

Take care,

Meg
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Im so glad it went well. I truly can't imagine how you both cope ((((hugs))))

Really pleased ure arthritis is behaving itself :) xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x