'Flu Jab.

Options
2»

Comments

• As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My nurse always says get it all done in one day if its going to make you feel bad, I usually take my meth on my infusion days and then just sleep all afternoon.
  • Neilorangepeel
    Neilorangepeel Member Posts: 9
    Options
    I had the flu jab for the first time last year. Four days later I came down with one of the worst cold/flu experiences of my life. Totally ruined my Christmas. I barely left my bed for 2 weeks. I won't be rushing back to have it this year.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    My Nurse usually just offers me, or I ask for the flu jab when I go for another regular injection (due next on the 1st October )so i never bother to book.

elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Mines booked
    Thanks for the reminder
    Maria :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You are more than welcome, Maria. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    I've had my flu jab now :wink:
    I went to have my BP checked and she said do you want your flu jab.....we've got it in now.....Sop of course I said yes. :lol:
    Its like a cattle market in our surgery on "flu day".....Peter can go and sit and wait to get his :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • destiny0321
    destiny0321 Member Posts: 88
    Options
    I have low auto ammune & my flu jab is booked for the 17th of october
  • lily
    lily Member Posts: 160
    Options
    Thank you for the reminder, just phoned the doc and they get their supply 4th October but wont be doing any until week starting the 7th,

I too fell threw the cracks as I got my meds through the hospital but last year my consultant mentioned it to me so now im supposed to be on my doctors list,ill just phone on the 7th and get it over and done with

Take care
    Lily x
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Neilorangepeel, you'll have already picked up the cold virus before you had the jab. People this happens do usually blame the jab but you can't catch flu from it.

I'm having mine on Friday next week because I have asthma.
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am very pleased to read that so many of you are now getting this sorted. It is important and is not to be ignored - we have to take some responsibility for this aspect of our health, yes?

NeilOP? I am saddened that this went wrong for you but sometimes lighning won't strike twice. I reckon ( as does applerose) that you already had the cold virus - it takes time for us immuno-suppressed bods to produce mild symptoms and they could inidicate far worse is a-foot. For the healthy life is straightforward, their immune systmems fire up and they become ill. Us? We don't have the luxury of that alarm system. DD
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    it takes time for us immuno-suppressed bods to produce mild symptoms and they could inidicate far worse is a-foot. For the healthy life is straightforward, their immune systmems fire up and they become ill. Us? We don't have the luxury of that alarm system. DD
    Daisy, would it be possible for you to expand on this? It sounds like you're saying any infection can get a strong foothold before symptoms occur or am I reading this wrongly? x
    Toots x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Flu jab all done and dusted
    Maria :)
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Well, I tried :?

I had an appointment this morning for regular bloods and my GP had agreed that the nurse could do my flu jab at the same time. Unfortunately, I came down with a heavy cold overnight, so the nurse said it would have to wait. I felt too ill to work when I returned home, so this afternoon I've been mostly catching up with Strictly Come Dancing. As usual, Anton's my favourite :) :oops:

Wishing all a good weekend,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • shandy4greenday
    shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
    Options
    My surgery never sends a reminder. I need to book mine but I thought I would wait till after Wednesday as I have a hospital appointment and sometimes I feel under the weather with mine and don't want to miss my appointment with feeling ill.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I had mine this morning. I felt very dizzy yesterday and mentioned it to the nurse. She said it fine to go ahead as I was feeling ok this morning. Felt dizzy again this afternoon so hope I'm ok.
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    We went together.

He sniggered when the doc told me I should book a pneumonia jab.

He stopped when she told him he should book a shingles jab :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Got ours done this morning. Hoping I don't get cellulitis like last time.

Meg
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    I'm only working on an hours sleep here but the flu jabs dont carry any live virus so if you feel ill afterwards I've been assured it's purely coincidental.

I'm about to become completely immune suppressed due to starting Ciclosporin & I've been told to get my flu & pneumonia jabs.

I hope that settles any worries :);)

Toots, I think being immune suppressed to wot ever extent, our bodies tend to react to any bug as tho its sumut worse & if most of you are like me .... You may not take much notice & assume its a cold etc wen it could be something much worse. Ive been more wary since I had glandular fever coz it laid me up for months!!! I try & drink the RDA of vit c etc & take staying on top of my blood tests very seriously!! Healthy eating, trying to avoid people that ill & bloods are wot I try & do.

xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,953
    Options
    Yes that's done for another year.
    take care all
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    They wouldn't give me my flu jab because I had a cough. my coughs and colds tend to hang around a bit so I am going to have to wait until I am better before I rebook.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Toots, I sincerely apologise, somehow I missed your comment: I assure you this was not deliberate but things have not been going too well on the DD front. I will PM you tomorow. DD
  • destiny0321
    destiny0321 Member Posts: 88
    Options
    I have a suppressed immune system mine booked in for 16th of october.
    destiny