Baby

Options

Comments

• Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Still no news. She had a sweep last Monday, was a bit uncomfortable Tuesday then nothing. Another lady had one on the same day and had baby 3 hours later.

She had another sweep today, 8 hours ago. Nothing yet, even though she was told she is 5cm (apologies if this is too indelicate). Has been told when it happens it could be very fast :o:o:o Crikey. Good job I'm not far away so I can have the little one. Gulp.

She is booked to be induced on Friday.

Will let you know, hopefully before too long.

Susie
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Crikey! I'm on the edge of my seat. Come on baby!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Susiesoo
    Options
    I hope you are holding on tightly Sticky, I would hate to be responsible for any accidents. You can stay on the edge of your chair, still no news! I can't believe it, not with number 2. Crikey. I don't know what else to say!

Susie :roll:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    My dil had our last GC the day after her second sweep...I had never heard of them...I did wonder what on earth they would do...till it was all explained its was castor oil in my day.... :lol: will bethinking about you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Susiesoo
    Options
    Thanks Barbara. It is nice to come on here and "talk" about it and be offered words of support. Daughter is thoroughly fed-up now and I am housebound in case there is a sudden panic. I seem to have done nothing but eat chocolate today :roll: and if it wasn't Methotrexate night I would be having a little drink tonight!

Hey-ho. What can you do?!

Susie
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options
    Well surely we have some news today??? :?

Susie??

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Susie hope you got some sleep...not be long now...says me..I remember how it drags...I have the towel and hot water ready...my mum once delivered a baby I was only young in the 1950s and she was a neighbour and in them days there were no phones...still cant believe how we manged... :lol: anyhow it was a little boy..I cant wait for this little one... :D:D
    Love
    Barbara
  • Susiesoo
    Options
    Still no news!!! We are resigned to her being induced on Friday. Lazy little baby! Driving us all mad and not even here yet. Must be a boy!! :lol:

I keep checking there are plenty of clean towels, just in case :o

Oh Barbara. those were the days. No phone. I do sometimes wonder what the world will be like when this one is old enough to have grandchildren. The mind boggles.

Thanks again for your comments and I will keep you informed.

Susie :)
  • barbara12
    Options
    Susie no news I am thinking..I am on holiday in Wales so I might not get on tomorrow ..but will look in Saturday... :D hope mums isn't to stressed..bless I do feel for her..and you come to that...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • cheekygirl
    cheekygirl Member Posts: 128
    Options
    happy birthday ,glad you enjoyed your day .any news of new baby xxxx :)
  • Susiesoo
    Options
    We spent the afternoon together which was lovely, but difficult when she left, knowing that she is going to be induced tomorrow. And I thought I was a nervous wreck last week! Oh dear...am trying to keep busy and not think too much.

Barbara, you enjoy your holiday in Wales. Hopefully there will be some news by Saturday.

Cheekygirl, thank you. I had a lovely birthday. I'm looking forward to sharing baby news, hopefully soon.

Once again, thank you all.

Susie :)
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi there Susie

well today should be the day then??

Fingers crossed for a safe delivery :D

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Oh Susie, I hope the induction does what nature wouldn't. You have a wise little baby who knows when (s)he is well off.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    Options
    Just back from hols ..but I see there is no news yet...hopefully all is well and things are moving on..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Oh...nothing yet?

I reckon he/she is here and Susisoo is busy :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • Susiesoo
    Options
    Benjamin David arrived on Friday evening weighing 8lb 3oz!!
    Phew. I thought he was never coming!
    Mother and baby are doing well and returned home yesterday evening.
    Hooray...I am a Grandma again and it's wonderful.

The world feels like a different place this morning.

I hope you enjoyed your holiday Barbara and you were right Toni, I was very busy yesterday...buying blue things. Got to wrap them all now. I'm sorry I didn't get on here, but am so pleased to share our good news.

Susie :D
  • barbara12
    Options
    Awww welcome to the world Benjamin David..and many congratulations to all of you ...Susie I adore being a Grandma..so I know how you are feeling right now...8lb 3oz is a brilliant weight... :D:D xxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Welcome baby Ben ( are they going to shorten it )jamin David,what a big boy,glad they are both ok, hugs from the Migs. Mig
  • Susiesoo
    Options
    Thank you both. Yes, he is to be known as Ben.

I had a quick cuddle last night as it was late when they got home. We are hoping to see them later today when the four of them have had a bit of time together. Can't wait!

Susie :D
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Phew! At last! I was all knotted.

Welcome little Ben. You have made a lot of people very happy :D:D:D
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Congratulations Grandma, welcome to the big wide world little Ben, at last all the waiting is over....................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • cheekygirl
    cheekygirl Member Posts: 128
    Options
    hurra so happy baby ben is here we were all on edge waiting for him to arrive .i love being a gran too .god bless you all lots hugs ,cheeky girl xx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Did you get cuddle number 2 today.... :D:D xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Susiesoo
    Options
    Thank you all for your good wishes. We were with them for 2 hours this afternoon and he slept the whole time. I had a cuddle for about 1 hour and 50 minutes and Grandad had him for 10 :lol: (whoops...I'm feeling mean now). He is just lovely, all warm and cuddly. We took some lovely photos. His poor dad was asleep while we were there as well, upstairs in bed. I think he was up all last night! More of that to come I suspect.

They are doing well and are very happy. Long may that last.

Susie
  • barbara12
    Options
    Aww I love the feel and smell of baby's...not when there nappy is full of course..you enjoy the cuddles and at least daddy got some rest...xx
    Love
    Barbara