age- chronological or other....

Options

Comments

• Stormyblue
    Stormyblue Member Posts: 23
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    This prove to be an interesting read ( it also give me an understanding how people mind works ( am currently studying counselling)

I am in my late 30s, in my mind am an active 17 years old, having said that, all my life have been very active and I rather it didnt stop yet, i will climb in to the stream with my two boys ( on a good day mind) I will get in to the ball park, I couldnt careless what others think. I am spending my time with my boys and I wanted to create a fun memory for them, I dont want them to remember me as someone frail and cannot do anything, I want them to remember how crazy and loud I have been.

I worry about frail when that times comes but right now I want to keep being active I hate the fact it DOES slow me down (My O/A) ah i remember my partner telling me to take it easy and rest and my sharp tongue response was: I rest when I am dead. he didnt dare say anything afterward heh but bless his cotton sock though, love him dearly I do.

but this thread had made me smile, it seem we are all in our shoe size thought ( or age thought) I like that cos we can relate. heh...

do I dectect some friendly flirting going on? or have i read it all wrong? :wink:
    Life's for living, use it well
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    Stormyblue! This is a very serious and well reputed site concerning a very serious and not so well reputed disease! So of course there would be NO flirting here. Friendly or other!
    But I can relate to what you wrote above. I'm very active and surely very independant too. And right now I seem to come to a crossroads. A couple of minutes ago I literally could feel the loss of agility. I have this absolutely dreadful impression that my spine won't bend anymore. Yesterday I thought the flare would go away for now. But I was wrong. So right now I'm a far cry from the guy pushing 23. It is so depressing. And economically frightening, since I'm farming. There is more to it than pain. It is complex and scary in the whole. It doesn't show. I'm tanned and slim and so on. Nobody really understands the problem. So it seems.

I'm not cheeky, DD. I'm mean! :)
  • Stormyblue
    Stormyblue Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Yes sir!! I consider my self told.. heh :lol:

Yup, I understand what you mean there, hey ho, huh!! I cant imagine that feeling where your spine is concern...
    Life's for living, use it well
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I think it is called "ossification". Or simply said: the bloody thing gets painfully stiff. Nothing to do with feeling young and active.
    Today I'm in my nineties.
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    I feel about 5 when I see a pile of leaves on the path and I have to go have a kick about with the leaves!!
    Maria :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh Caliban, you are having a rough day by the sounds of things, I am sorry. Release that inner three year old in a tantrum. Chuck the dummy from the pram. Alternatively go and shout at the sky. This will pass because all things do. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thank you, DD. Yo- it's rather unpleasant. I WILL shout at the sky later tonight. It's probably for that, I live so off-track. I may shout as much as I like. AND it keeps the bloody wild boars jumping. ( Don't like them. Bigger than me, and all)
    Sure it will pass. As we will....
    Good night!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    caliban wrote:
    I think it is called "ossification". Or simply said: the bloody thing gets painfully stiff. Nothing to do with feeling young and active.
    Today I'm in my nineties.

Is that the Naughty Nineties, caliban? I do hope so.

I agree with DD. It sounds nasty. And painful. And difficult. Definitely a day for a sky rant.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    "Is that the Naughty Nineties, caliban? I do hope so." :shock:
    Euh... why do you hope so? Work is really nearly impossible with that. Feeling and moving like ninety without the pension that usually comes with age is rather unquieting. It is 8.15 in the morning and I should leave in a couple of minutes. But I can't. Not yet. I need more slow walking around until I''ll be able to charge the car and carry the crates etc. I feel more like 105 this morning.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Work is cancelled again. Simply not possible. I'm 112 now.
    (Looking for VERY wealthy 112 year old (male or female, who cares) for marriage. I'm a good cook.)
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Borrox! I'm sorry about work, caliban. C'est la arthritic vie, I'm afraid.

I'm afraid I have to decline your offer of marriage. I'm a youthful, impoverished 67 and my husband won't let me.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Too young. Too poor. Husband wouldn't be an obstacle.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Having turned 120 today, I may be too old, but, I am quite desperate! and my husband wouldn't be an obstacle. Also, I'm almost certainly a male or a female.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    One is never too old! And there would be only 8 years of difference. At least today. What about wealth? :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I don't qualify on any scale of measurement (age, wealth, flexibility, already married). Bother.

I am sorry that today is another rough one, I gather that your health situation is rather complex and have no wise suggestions to offer apart from obey your body's demands, no matter unreasonable they may be. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    When I talk about wealth, I talk about health, or so it seems. I stress a bit because of the work situation. Dunno where that will lead.
    I will possibly follow your kind advice, DD. I'll open a bottle. I think that is what my body demands. Unreasonable, I know. But I'm a fed up and worried 112 year old.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    caliban wrote:
    I'll open a bottle. I think that is what my body demands. .

:o:D Party at caliban's for all centenarians. I'll bring my own bottle.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You are all welcome! Sounds dangerous, though. We could form a hard-core-heavy-metal band, too! "The crutched cripple combo"? Or the "happy arthritics"?
    Whow- an ORGY! I'm in!
  • stickywicket
    Options
    caliban wrote:
    Whow- an ORGY! I'm in!

I thought you had a bad back :? :lol: I think we might just have hit on a cure :D
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    And we should claim the copyright for it!
    Not only a bad back :x But it seems it just may be cured by a bad hangover...
  • stickywicket
    Options
    May anyone apply for this drugs trial?
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ohh...there are triggerwords on this forum!
    Think I'll drive home. It will be as always: I plan a fête and nobody shows up. :( Gosh am I depressed....
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    caliban wrote:
    One is never too old! And there would be only 8 years of difference. At least today. What about wealth? :)

I have a wealth of experience, which is expanding daily, does that count for anything?
    I'm always up for a party, will there be cake? (I did reply to the missing post, before it went missing).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good morning frogmorton.
    A wealth of experience never comes amiss. But my greedy mind is set on something less substantial right now. Let's say- calm, no stress and worries. I'm totally aware of how utterly materialistic it sounds, but that is the situation.
    Euh...yes, there will be cake at the party. Let's say a rum-cake with raisins, soaked in vodka for a couple of weeks and a white-wine custard with a splash of Grand Marnier. That ok with you. It's simply less.....hm... conflictional? :roll:
    I'm 87 this morning. I can see the cradle at the other end....
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    Due to circumstances beyond my control, calm, with no stress and worries, is unobtainable for me at the moment. :?
    The cake sounds good though, but perhaps not as calming as the original.