The clammy embrace of . . . . .

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 22. Oct 2013, 11:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
. . . . . a wet shower curtain is one of life's unpleasantnesses. This morning I was 'hugged', managed to unwrap myself and keep it away by positioning the shower head towards it. This set me thinking about some of the others, for me they include slugs, gravy, condensation, spiders and slippery wet leaves.

What are yours? (The A word is taken for granted and not to be mentioned.) DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Life's unpleasantnesses?

Hm, yes, I have a similar-if-different bath problem when I first sit on the bath lift's plastic seat which is invariably cold and wet.

Using a bar of soap after either a small child or a large husband. You always have to clean the soap first.

The taste of something which isn't what you thought it was. No matter how good in itself, if you eat it thinking it's something different it will taste horrible.

More an annoyance than an unpleasantness but the small, slight smears of low-level grease which I can see clearly while doing other, urgent tasks but which disappear whenever I have time to tackle them.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    SPIDERS!!! people who smell, squid, my hall mirror that never looks clean. There are probably a lot more but cant think at the moment xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hen's feet.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Paper cuts. I have a doozy on my left forefinger, just under the middle knuckle. Needless to say I am hitting it regularly as I go about my daily business. :roll: May I also add the smell of burnt toast?

Numpty? Crikey, I know exactly where you are coming from with that one. YUK. Viller, I empathise, I share some of those too. Sticky? I know about those grease-smears, damned awkward aren't they? DD
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    Public service bureaucrats. When I'm forced to deal with those, I tend to take my chainsaw with me, which leads me to another nasty unpleasantness: starter difficulties with the said chainsaw. And packaging with a easy-to-open stickers on them. When you finally succeded to open the thing you have to repaint the kitchen. Vipers in the underwear drawer come to mind. And chinese hornets.
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Dirty library books .itchy jumpers
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Definitely gravy, DD. Daddy longlegs. The cobwebs that fill the greenhouse. Condensation inside the car.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Dirty library books ! There's never any left when I go. Mig
  • stickywicket
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol: Another mig gem.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol: nice one Mig!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    unpleasant smells..I have a very good sense of smell and this makes matter worse :roll: yes just started to come across slippery leave with my crutches they don't get on..and of course wasp..
    Mig you are a star..I will take the books back next week when I have read them... :o
    Love
    Barbara
  • marrianne
    Options
    mig wrote:
    Dirty library books ! There's never any left when I go. Mig
    .................MIG :lol::lol: :oops: :oops: ....ok .BOOKS WITH MYSTERIOUS STAINS . ..Marrianne :lol:
  • marrianne
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    unpleasant smells..I have a very good sense of smell and this makes matter worse :roll: yes just started to come across slippery leave with my crutches they don't get on..and of course wasp..
    Mig you are a star..I will take the books back next week when I have read them... :o
    ..........oh smells definately ..ciggie ..smoke especially .Marrianne :)
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I agree with spiders especially the big hairy legged type, smell of off milk (makes me gag!), fish especially next day after cooking! and food left in sink plug hole after OH has washed up.
    I think that's a good start!! :lol:

Mig you make me laugh!! :lol:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Barbara Leave the pages turned down so I can find the good bits. ! Mig
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    Walking past smokers before you can get into the pub. Smelly people. Dog poo on the pavement. Road rage. Inconsiderate people. Lack of time to do my things. Thats probably enough for now, I might start ranting.......
  • marrianne
    Options
    All of Airwaves, :lol: Public transport ,dirty taxi s ..BUT WHY GRAVY ???? :lol:Marrianne x
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    Drunk people, Spiders (any size) rain, dirty hands and nails, bad teeth..just a few to be going on with!
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    The small rodent in the shower after the eldest has had one, (hair), the wet towels on the floor in the bathroom.....the wet towel on the floor in the 'cloakroom' and the wet towels on the floor in her bedroom.

(She spent the day here today as her car was in the garage :roll: but I do love her anyway :D )

Seriously I think you all said most of mine unless treading on a snail was omitted?

Love

Toni xxx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,927
    Options
    Yes DD
    that curtain grabs you. my paper cut as just healed I had it from a cereal box I was undoing.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    My paper cut is no more - my insect bites however . . . . . an ongoing tale of itch and bleed. :roll:

More of life's un-necessary unpleasantnesses: bird droppings on my car, the sticky stuff the trees around here deposit (on my car) and earwigs. I found one in the freezer. :shock: It was still mobile but obviously feeling the cold! :lol: DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Right now the berries from the bush near the dustbin keep entering the house in a squashed state on the soles of shoes.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    When one is out and about (and needing to use a pulic loo) it's the scrabbling for the end of the toilet roll which is an un-necessary irritation. I always leave the end easy to grab for the next person and always appreciate when the same happens to me. DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    People whose only topic of conversation can be summed up in the words 'Other people are so much inferior to me'. The people, place and situation vary but the message is relentlessly the same.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I think we all know one person like that, I certainly do. The moral high ground only has room for them, yes? Most irksome, especially when I want a look at the view! :lol: DD