I have had some news about my CT scan.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Of COURSE you are! She would not even DARE to doubt that fact!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    She is a very good doctor, good at explaining things, she is patient and tries her best to understand. 'Im indoors and me are a fairly memorable combination; sometimes there are tears from me but there is always laughter between the three of us. I am lucky to have found her. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    I like the plan. Yup, definitely her most important patient. To us, anyway :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Well DD this might be something I can help with...sort of. The female of the species all have the CA125 factor it apparently goes with all the other womanly curses we have.Now this doesn't mean anything nasty.
    The lower the better,under 30 is a good marker but I have known cases in the hundreds and still nothing nasty going on. Its just one of the markers thats used and of late thought not to be as important as it once was. Its one of many tests so my guess is they are covering their backs for any eventuallity.Be positive its most likely to be something like you had before.
    I'm thinking of you. May
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh May, thank you. I am truly humbled by your taking the time and trouble to reply to my thread, all I can say is thank you. I have been reading up on this but have somehow missed your very useful information (which is probably a case of my seeing without reading). You have been (and remain) in my thoughts. DD
  • Mormodook
    Mormodook Member Posts: 130
    Thinking of you :| take care .
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Thinking of you DD and hoping with all my heart for a good(as in lesser of two evils) outcome.
  • pumpkin
    pumpkin Member Posts: 13
    Dreamdaisy thinking of you. and sending some gentle hugs your way(((( ))))
  • dreamdaisy
    I send my thanks to you all. I was feeling slightly better about stuff this morning but now? DD's told me what to do but, as I told her, it's very easy to dish out wise words. :wink: As I see it one of two bridges will have to be crossed but as I am refusing to speculate about which one it will be I will have to wait until I reach that point, no? :) DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    (((()))xx just for you DD
    Love
    Barbara
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Hi DD, so sorry to hear of your news. It must be a huge shock and the last thing you needed on top of everything you have had to deal with lately. However, that is the way life seems to work, so I am sending you my support and best wishes to deal with this.

((( hugs )))
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Sorry to hear you got unwanted news. Fingers crossed that the blood test comes back soon with good results that will put your mind at ease. Happy to pop along in your pocket in you fancy company for any appointments. I must inform you, though that I make an awful lot of noise as a pocket dweller when I'm crunching away at my crisps. :lol:

((((DD)))) we're here for you.
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    You've been in my thoughts daily DD. I'm glad the bloods have been done.

Best wishes (((((hugs)))))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • destiny0321
    destiny0321 Member Posts: 88
    hi dd.
    i will be thinking of you mean while be sending you big (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) destiny
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Aww DD
    I'm sorry I'm late coming to this thread but I've been away for a few days
    What awful news for you to get on top of all your other problems.
    Just imagine you were ringing me and positions were reversed....what would you be saying to me??? Try saying it to yourself and believing it :wink:
    Sorry no real help as far as the medical angle goes.....just sending lots of (((((())))))
    Take care pet
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you Hileena, and apologies are not needed, as always you help just by replying. This week-end is going to be a difficult one both emotionally and physically. I feel like a six-week old lettuce leaf. I am utterly drained yet have more challenges to face. Hey-ho, soon be Monday (as if that will make a difference). DD
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    DD I've only just spotted this thread :o . So sorry that you've had this big worry hanging over you and the very best of luck for everything test wise this coming week. My sister in law has recently come through similar stuff and out the other side hail and hearty now - but then she doesn't have all the rest of the health stuff to contend with that you do. Fingers very tightly crossed for you (owch!). Mat x
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Hope you got safely through the weekend DD. More hugs just incase you need them ((((((((((((((((((((((( )))))))))))))))))))).

Deb xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Well I managed the week-end, I am now waiting for my GPs surgery to ring; they have heard from the hospital and a doctor will be ringing me some time this afternoon but to discuss what? I do not know. Hey-ho. DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hi DD, Sending hugs and fingers crossed .(((()))) Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    keeping fingers crossed for you xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • clockworkpurple
    clockworkpurple Member Posts: 22
    So sorry you're going through this (((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))
  • dreamdaisy
    He rang just after 4pm. It was the classic 'The Doctor wants to speak to you' conversation (I've had a couple like this before) and it went along these lines.

'Hello, It's Dr D here, I understand you want to talk to me.'

Me - 'Well I do, but this is at the surgery's request. You've had a letter and want to discuss it. '

'Have I?'

'Yes, well the surgery has.'

'What's it about?'

(I explain the history.)

'Oh, well, the blood test is OK but there's no letter.'

'So I'm OK then? Apart from the usual stuff?'

'Yep, I think you're fine.'

I wonder if I am? I shall have a word with the Practice Manager tomorrow because I don't feel too confident about this. Would you? DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Oh dear what a silly man ( cleaned that up for forum purposes )
    I would have to phone and check it with the practice manager. Mig
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Oh DD that's not very helpful is it? No I wouldn't feel confident with that exchange either. If he didn't know why he was ringing you how can you be sure he's giving you the correct information? I do hope you can get a better version tomorrow.