Options
13»

Comments

• phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi stickywicket and people,

I'm not a regular poster here due to work commitments. However, I do like to read, especially on my down days, as it makes me feel so much better and so much less alone in my suffering to see people supporting each other through this terrible illness. So I saw the 'Swear words in posts' topic, followed by a lot of responses, followed by the removal of the responses, then this thread.

I'm content to look upon the removal of the responses as an administrative error. I have suggestions for how we might move on from this, and I'm sure others have too, but first it would help to know whether the topic is open for discussion. At the moment, I can't work out whether the decision on swearing has already been made or whether management is interested in gathering opinions – perhaps I'm a bit hazy in the head today :lol: :oops:

In the meantime, chocolate truffles all round!

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Oh yes please Phee ,Can I have 2 .. :)
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    what about if everyone came back ,carried on as normal without swearing .ok maybe its backing down ,but so what we all know its just words it not worth missing people who give great fun here .Marrianne :) PLEASE
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I don't understand what's going on!! There's swearing and there's swearing!! I got censored for censoring a swear word with ** in the middle of it!! What is it coming to when your censored for censoring a word?!! The moderators are going to far by cutting huge parts out of threads or even the whole thread! What happened to freedom of speech?
    The site I moderate on allows most swear words but not strong aggressive ones, we allow censored swear words with ** in them. Which most people on the site use instead of using the full swear word. I think the whole use of swearing on the site needs to be looked at again, it's not like we have lots of children on the site!!
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    And there was me thinking I'm all growd up now!! and can choose to read or ignore

Oh it is such a shame and I think this will have the effect of everyone centering their attention on this topic
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    phoenixe wrote:
    I'm content to look upon the removal of the responses as an administrative error. I have suggestions for how we might move on from this, and I'm sure others have too, but first it would help to know whether the topic is open for discussion. At the moment, I can't work out whether the decision on swearing has already been made or whether management is interested in gathering opinions – perhaps I'm a bit hazy in the head today :lol: :oops:

The topic was posted on several of the forums, Phee, and, to the best of my knowledge, the thread has only been locked on this LWA forum. However, I don't think 'the topic is open for discussion'. i think the decision has been made and our role is to abide by it.

I would love to have a sticky thread on which we could all post constructive suggestions for the forum. I suggested it once to the webmanager but nothing happened. I believe it would go a long way towards removing the 'us' and 'them' thing and would encourage all of us to take a pride in the forum and try to make it even better.

Joan, I feel very sad if caliban posted then had his post deleted. Thank you for telling us about it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    marrianne wrote:
    Oh yes please Phee ,Can I have 2 .. :)

Well, you can have as many as you like, Marrianne! That's the great thing about virtual chocs, there's no limit to them :lol:

... and hi again, s/w :)

I must admit I hadn't spotted the same post elsewhere (head haze! :oops:) and I've a feeling you're right that the topic isn't open for discussion. That's a shame. To be honest, I feel a bit uncomfortable about what's happened, especially if it's resulted in some members feeling that they can't continue here.

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)