Claiming for PIP (benefit that repalces DLA) ?

Options
2»

Comments

• bluebunner
    bluebunner Member Posts: 43
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Further to the previous post, my legs were measured, he said that sometimes people who have a bad leg walk in a way that protects the bad leg so it is thinner that the good leg.

I measured mine this evening and found the "good leg" to be one and half inches narrower than the bad leg?

That puzzled me until I thought about it, the bad leg is always swollen so will be thicker but I do have two bad legs, the left is OA the right following a TKR.

Both were mentioned in my PIP application.
  • bluebunner
    Options
    I received a letter yesterday from the PIP people in Wolverhampton to say they have everything they need about my claim and will make the decision soon. Apology for the delay.
  • bluebunner
    Options
    Good news has arrived in the form of a payment into my bank account, money from PIP paid in some five days ago :D

I don't check my accounts regularly because there is never much in there but what a nice surprise.

No letter yet but at least they are quick with the money.

It looks like I have the lower rate care with higher rate mobility, which is what I think I qualify for anyway.

About two months from application to payment, that's excellent as far as I'm concerned.
  • bluebunner
    Options
    I have contacted the PIP people to ask where my letter of notification is? They say it was sent out in the post on 14/8/14 but not yet received. :x I have requested a duplicate, yesterday but the point is if I had not checked my bank A/C online the payment would be there without me knowing. :roll:

I had confirmation of my award for three years so am happy with that anyway. :D
  • JamesFoote
    JamesFoote Member Posts: 86
    Options
    Had my letter today

My details have been past and they will look into it

16 weeks they are saying

James
  • petals
    petals Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Hi All,

I hope you guys can help me out here. I have had my assessment for PIP and have been told that I would not get PIP and my DLA would be stopped in November. I have rang them to say I wish to appeal the decision and they say somebody will contact me (by phone) in the next couple of weeks regarding this.

Can anybody tell me what happens next? Will the decision be made during the course of that phone call or will I have to attend another interview/assessment. Also will my DLA continue to be paid until the appeal is heard/decided or will DLA stop regardless of an appeal.

When I lose my DLA I will also lose my working tax credits which will be absolutely devastating. I can't survive on 20hrs a week wages but am physically unable to do anymore than this due to my RA.

Also, would there be any point in continuing to work 20 hrs on low wage (supermarket) job, which is an enormous challenge for me or should I just call it quits and give up work. It's a shame because I have tried so very hard to keep working but now I just feel defeated.

Any advice would be very welcome at this moment as very woried about how I will manage.

Thanks Petals x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hi petals,

If you look at the first post in this thread it is asking for your experiences to be filled in in an online survey.

For help on here I think you'd be better coping your post to a new thread on the Working Matters and Benefits forum and / or ringing the Helpline.

I'd also suggest you contact either CAB or DIAL UK.

Good luck.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • petals
    petals Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Ok thanks stickywicket, will do.

I have done the survey by the way.

Thanks x