edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am thinking of you very much. ((((()))))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    OOOh I slept in......That was quite the party!

How are you, Marie? Hopefully, not too much pain?

Hugs & best wishes for a speedy recovery.

xxAnna
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    thank you all once again, got home about three assisted by my niece and sister who had driven an hour and a half to get me then bring me home.

it all went well the surgeon didn't have any 'challenges' and is pleased with the result. I think she sounds to have a new Zealand accent and must support the all blacks as the cast she put on my hand looks like a whopping big rugby ball :o I am now destined to wear old clothes with the right sleeve cut up to the elbow :shock: until I get my cast off in two weeks time.

the only discomfort I really had was with the cast being a bit to tight, she cut it and bound it again this morning and have hardly had any pain relief since. long may it continue.

my claim to fame will be a picture of my eye lash extensions being protected by gel when having an operation(in medical journals) yes, I did get my lashes done as some of you know I don't do no mascara :lol: thanks again all for your support it is greatly appreciated.......................marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Glad things went well. Hope you get a decent nights sleep. Take care,
    Deb xx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Very pleased it went well Marie, those casts are blooming heavy aren't they?

I hope the gel comes off the lash extensions :shock: , and will look out for the article in the Lancet :lol:

Take it easy, love Numpty ((((()))))
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I read thru all the posts and nowhere did I see the one I posted,bit annoyed at that,am sorry only just getting back to you. (((()))) Hope you feeling better.Mig

Ps thanks for thinking of me Sticky 8)
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    How are things this morning Marie?
    I hope you're taking things easy and don't have too much pain to contend with. ((((())))) thinking of you.
    Numpty x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hello again, Marie. How's it today? (No, don't answer. Just get better :) )
    mig wrote:
    Ps thanks for thinking of me Sticky 8)

That's OK, mig. What are friends for if not sharing the lycra :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Marie how lovely of your sister and niece... you did make me laugh with that eyelash...now I hope you managed some sleep last night...must say it does sound very large the dressing... :o wishing you a good recovery...(((())))x
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    Options
    mig no need for apologies, I hope you enjoyed the party with the lycra clad barman, although I did get a bill for a pair of shorts that has gone amiss, you wouldn't know anything about them mig? :lol: Barbara the dressing is huge I have had to cut the sleeve of a cardigan and a jacket so I can get some clothes on :D sticky I am good thank you, not needed any pain relief so far, so, can send you some for the after party head :wink: numpty thank you I am doing very well, thank goodness they gave me a sling as you know how heavy the casts are, hope you enjoyed the party entertainment :lol: xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • purpleowl
    purpleowl Member Posts: 231
    Options
    Hi Marie,

glad all went well with your op. I don't envy you that cast, I had a Carpol tunnel op back in August that was bad enough and I had my OH to help me. However I don't know if that was real help! :?

I hope you haven't had to butcher any good clothes, Lycra stretches you know! :o

Have a lovely weekend relaxing,

thinking about you,

Trish xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Wow, you sound as though you are doing OK Marie - shame about the sleeves but needs must I suppose. The lack of pain relief sounds like a bonus to me - I hope that remains the case. Good luck old girl (as we say in this hosuehold). DD
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Glad you're doing ok, Marie. x
    I enjoyed the pocket party, did get an elbow in my eye a couple of times though! :lol:
  • stickywicket
    Options
    :oops: Sorry about that, Sophie. I was trying to hold mig back from the barman.

Hello Marie :D How are you today?
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    Options
    glad you all enjoyed the party, hope there weren't too many sore heads the next day...............sticky, thank you doing ok on the pain side of things still not needing pain relief, I have discovered though part of my thumb is numb :o , I don't know whether it is the cast pressing on nerves or whether the nerves have been damaged permanently, fiddlesticks just when I thought things were going really well xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • destiny0321
    destiny0321 Member Posts: 88
    Options
    hello marie
    If i had known i would have done pocket duty as well.
    but only come on as suffering bad chest infection & cough at moment being asthmatic as well not good.
    but i hope you are recovering well hell i cannot believe i missed the bar,food ect never mind as long as your going on ok good luck destiny
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Marie
    Just popping in to see how you are doing....blimey having to cut your sleeve to get your hand in....hope the op has done the trick for you..you take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    Options
    Update, I saw the head physio today Re: numbness in thumb(wanted to see me sooner than later) result is Rugby ball(cast) has now disappeared and a new plastic splint with some dressing over it(third of the size) to keep wrist ridged until next physio app and hopefully it is the heavy cast that has being causing the numbness, another good side is wrist wasn't in good position in cast so has been repositioned in splint so that the scar tissue will replace in the proper position and wrist wont be twisted.

Barbara...............I will not need to butcher any more clothes, thank goodness as everything will go over the new splint................I see on another post you may be thinking of going down the same route, I will pm you with all the nitty gritty details, such fun :lol:

Destiny ..................sorry you missed the party, apparently the shinanagins that was going on cannot be repeated on here, thank goodness I was out of it at the time :shock: ..........I hope you are feeling a bit better now and got over the worst

Trish....... I have only butchered old clothes and with the new splint on, my good clothes are safe............hope you have some relief now after your carpel tunnel op

Top of thumb still a bit numb but doesn't seem to be as bad, hopefully with cast off now will rectify the problem, off to bed now got treatment in the morning xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hoorah! They have replaced bulk with summat lighter and I am sure that will help matters - let's put it this way, it had better! :wink: I hope that life will be at least a little easier for you now, I wish you well. DD
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Apologies I'm so late to this Marie!!

Glad to read ure recovery is going so well.

(((( ))))

Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • villier
    Options
    Debbie, no need for apologies, you have plenty going on to contend with. I am blessed I have a very high threshold for pain and still haven't had the need for pain relief, although, since getting the cast off I thought the numbness was better but unfortunately it is not, maybe once I start physio things will get better......................hope you feel a bit better soon xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Hm, so is it OK to stick with it until you see the physio or should it be checked out again? A high threshold of pain is good in some ways but can maybe mask problems? Don't take chances, Marie. We care about you too much for that :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Well said Sticky!!

It's better to be checked Marie, sooner rather than later!!

Thank you for your kindness (((( ))))

Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Great to hear things are progressing well Marie, but be sure not to take any chances and speak to the doc if you're concerned! x
    Toots x
  • villier
    Options
    Thanks again ladies for your kind words.................. mmmmm Sticky you got me thinking. I have never given it a thought when you have a high threshold for pain it could mask underlying problems, result is I phoned consultants secretary, she has returned my call this morning.
    She said physio did the correct thing and the feeling may come back through time or in rare cases it doesn't. I see her again in January and she will maybe be able to tell whether I will have permanent numbness or not. I suppose with any surgery there are always risks whether it be minor or major. There are worse things in life than living with a partially numb thumb. :) It brings me to tears the support you get from this forum which I so much appreciate, and, I also care about you all ((((())))) xx
    day is full of Smiles