POCKET DUTIES PLEASE 3 appointments !!!

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 30. Nov 2013, 11:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Anyone free on the 28th Nov, 29th Nov and 9th Dec please
They aren't very important ones but thought I would ask anyway.
First one is group physiotherapy pre THR {also OT to sort out what is needed}

Second one {29th} is an acupuncture session......He was about to start it when I had to have 6 facet joint injections so that was stopped so that we could figure out did they help.....they didn't :(

9th Dec is a Pre assessment for THR........still haven't got a date for the THR yet :lol:

Like I say ....no biggies......but its nice to have support

Love
Hileena

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I will do my best to be there, Hileena, but by then I will be armpit-deep in boxes, fingers wrapped in packing tape and generally grumpy. :wink: I hope they all go well for you, I may be off-line the week beginning the 9th but I will catch up as soon as I can. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'll be there Hileena, I hope all goes well, and the acupuncture helps more than the injections did!
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hileena you can count me in ..I have a couple of appointments in December but I am sure I can cut them short... :lol: good luck with all especially the pre-op..will be thinking about you...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Count me in as well Hileena, Hope the acupuncture helps, I was great after but it only lasted a couple of days for me hope it helps you for longer.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello Hileena
    I will be there for you good luck I hopeyou get your appointment soon.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks everyone....DD no problem......I know you have your own problems at the minute.....rather you than me....everytime we move we say never again :lol:

If things go the way they did the last time Acupuncture will work more than those facet injections :lol:

The last time I had them it was one session every week for 6 weeks then about a months break and then another 6 weeks.
    I found that they helped 5 out of the 7 days......not pain free but certainly good pain relief. 5 out of the 7 days for me was a RESULT!!! :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • purpleowl
    purpleowl Member Posts: 231
    Options
    Hi Heleena,

Hope all goes well, will be thinking of you,

Trish xx
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Options
    I am free ! Hope all goes well! X
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    They are very important if they help :D I know what you mean, though - not particularly scary. Good luck and I'll be there.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    I will be a bit errrm tied up on the 28th Hileena :lol: but count me in for the other two, hope all goes well for you....................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    Well I won't be tied up Hileena so count me in 8) x
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    You're a great lot....thanks.....even though its nothing big its nice to know you'll be there

Love
    Hileena
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    You can count me in too. Best wishes,
    Anna
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    I will be there for all of them. Good luck with it all.

Susie
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Reporting for duty ma'am! Hoping all goes well Hileena! Pocket hugs!

villier wrote:
    I will be a bit errrm tied up on the 28th

Haha, if I didn't know better Marie, I'd get jealous and want to be tied up too! ;-)
    Toots x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Here I am, Hileena. I hope the session is/was enjoyable and useful.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Well it was useful although contradictory to the last THR???
    I was told then to sleep on my back for 6 weeks.
    Today we were told to sleep on our backs until we felt comfortable enough to sleep on our side??? :roll:
    I tried to qualify that.....she said lie on your back until your dressing comes off {2 weeks time} then after that on your side but it must be your operated one....if you can sleep like that...great. Anyone else??? I bet we are all told different things LOL :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Options
    Morning Hileena..
    They do have different ideas on revery ...in America they can sleep on there unoperated side from day one but have to have the pillow between there legs...I still sleep like this then turn over and do an hour on my new hip...then turn back... :lol: ...must say I have got quite attached to my pillow.. :D
    good luck with your next appointment...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    Options
    oh hileena different doctors different views, at least you have experience and I think your body will let you now whats right, hope your next app goes well xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello Hileena
    a few weeks after having my thr I turned over in the night without knowing when I woke up I was on my other side. my hip is now 17 years
    old. take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    I always had a pillow between my legs when I had THR
    I went for acupuncture this morning and asked Kris {Physiotherapist} his opinion on it........he said ideally 6 weeks on your back but if you cant manage it go into your side but it must be the operated side :lol:
    I had a call from the hospital when I got home but didn't get to the phone in time It was the Ortho's secretary saying I was on the list for the 24th Jan....an afternoon appointment......so just wait for the letter now

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I hope your acupuncture went well and yes, I have to agree we are all told different things by different doctors / surgeons / physios; we are always at the mercy of others' opinions. :roll:

So, the 24th? I should be moved, established and connected to cyber-world by then so I'll be there waiting in recovery for you to emerge from theatre. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi
    I always had a pillow between my legs when I had THR
    I went for acupuncture this morning and asked Kris {Physiotherapist} his opinion on it........he said ideally 6 weeks on your back but if you cant manage it go into your side but it must be the operated side :lol:
    I had a call from the hospital when I got home but didn't get to the phone in time It was the Ortho's secretary saying I was on the list for the 24th Jan....an afternoon appointment......so just wait for the letter now

Love
    Hileena
    Oh at least you will have Christmas out the way....I would like to see them sleep on there op side.... :shock: :lol: I hope the acupuncture bring you some relief..if I remember last time I think it did for a short while xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks DD
    I will post closer to the time

Barbara.....Yes the acupuncture was done once a week for 6 weeks......a months break then once a week for 6 weeks again.
    I would say that I got relief for 5 out of the 7 days so that is a RESULT :wink:
    This time todays one was an extra one.....next week he's off on holidays and the following week he is absolutely booked up so the 6 will be 2 a week for 3 weeks......same amount, just different spaces between them and it will get that lot over before my THR
    Love
    Hileena
  • villier
    Options
    that's good hileena, it is not so far away and as Barbara said at least you will have Christmas out the way, good luck we will be there all the way for you.

awe toots thank goodness you knew what I was talking about I didn't realise what I had said till I read your post :oops: :lol:
    day is full of Smiles