Frogmorton

Options

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's my fault that there are two threads. :oops: I meant to post the update on Ron's but got in a muddle. :oops: You are quite right, tkachev, and I am sure that Toni will be reading both as and when she can.

I apologise for any confusion I have caused. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Ron you are so kind I am sure Toni and Lucy will love the pictures..its very moving... :) like you say Elizabeth Toni is getting a lot of comfort from the threads...and Mells Buddhas they don't come out very often...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    Poor Lucy,I have every sympathy with the family. We lost our 9 year old 4 grandaughter four years ago. She was epileptic and died overnight. My daughter still blames herself but she wasn't to know that she could have a fit in her sleep. It just brings back memories and makes me feel how precious our babies are to us.
    I feel for Toni and Lucy and hope and pray everything turns out ok for them.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    I' so sorry about your grand-daughter, rondetto. It must have been a dreadful shock. You have my sincere sympathy.

Fortunately, for frogmorton and Lucy, I checked with the epilepsy assoc. and, unless the child has other neurological disorders, this sort of thing is no more likely to happen to one who has epilepsy than to one who doesn't.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi SW
    Thanks for posting that.
    I was just going to post. I've had epilepsy since I was 18 months old. {67 now} :o
    Mine was serious as a child, a teenager, and into early adult. Never once did I have one during the night.....it tends to be day or night...one or the other.
    Thankfully although I still take meds my last one was 33 years ago so I'm living a normal life {whatever that is :lol: } driving etc.
    I have met Lucy and chatted to her about epilepsy.
    This is just backing up SW's post........no more likely to happen to one who has it than one who hasn't. {EP society} I'm a member of that.
    Lots of love to Lucy and Toni ((((()))))

Love
    Hileena
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    rondetto wrote:
    Poor Lucy,I have every sympathy with the family. We lost our 9 year old 4 grandaughter four years ago. She was epileptic and died overnight. My daughter still blames herself but she wasn't to know that she could have a fit in her sleep. It just brings back memories and makes me feel how precious our babies are to us.
    I feel for Toni and Lucy and hope and pray everything turns out ok for them.

Oh Ron I'm so sorry.

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    Options
    Ron I am so very sorry to hear about your GD..I can only imagine how painful it was for you all..you never say much but keep us all laughing with your jokes... :)(((()))xx
    Sending more positive thought to our Toni and Lucy....((((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • rondetto
    Options
    Time heals Babs, we never forget. I'm thinking of Toni and Lucy today too, I hope they're ok, I'm sure Toni will keep us posted when she has the chance.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your granddaughter Ron. It is very difficult to come to terms with the loss of a child.

Thinking of Lucy and Toni.
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello Toni, Lucy and everyone else. You are all in my thoughts and I hope today has been as good a day as possible for all of you. DD
  • barbara12
    Options
    Two threads you must be loved...will add to the hugs on the other one...((()))xx :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Ron to talk about something so personal was very kind of you, I'm so, so sorry to you & your daughter. It's so much sadder to hear when it's a child. I send you a hug (()). I've got my Epilepsy under control touch wood but it is a very nasty illness to have.

Toni & Lucy, Sending you love and (())'s
  • rondetto
    Options
    Thanks Bubbadog, greatly received. It's just that I know what worry Toni and Paul have on their minds just now. I'm sure we're all praying for Lucy to make a quick recovery and carries on with a normal life.
  • barbara12
    Options
    Sending more positive hugs and love to our Toni and Lucy...everyday is one day nearer being well again..(((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    ((( ))) xxx DD
  • rondetto
    Options
    Heard from Toni, she is tired but hopefully Lucy is progressing with the chemo.
    Wishing you both well Toni. xxx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Thanks Ron. Not surprised she's tired but hopefully Lucy is doing well and the chemo isn't upsetting her.
    Christine
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Thanks for the update Ron, I didn't want to text her to many times as I thought she would be tired and Lucy needs her. Glad Lucy is doing ok with the Chemo as my Aunt gets very sick every time she has it. Big (())'s to Toni, Lucy & Paul. xx
  • rondetto
    Options
    Making progress albeit a slow thing to go through.I'm sure she'll comer on when she's had some rest.
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thanks Ron ..I hate to mather Toni by text...finger crossed Lucy will be home soon ...at least at home they will all be able to relax more...((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • rondetto
    Options
    Toni says Lucy is having a few days off the chemo to let her recover a little. Pity she's not allowed home for a few days but she's in the right place.
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thankyou Ron
    Bless bet they are both shattered..but like you say she is in the right place..give them my love....and some positive hugs ((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • rondetto
    Options
    Will do Babs, I'm sure she'll look in when she's had a rest. xxx
  • RosieGlow
    RosieGlow Member Posts: 175
    Options
    It is a shame that Lucy can`t have a few days at home, but then again it might unsettle her. Also, the risk of infection would be too great, I suppose.

Ron, give Toni all my love when you speak to her, and tell her our candle is still burning brightly for Lovely Lucy....Rosie.x.
  • rondetto
    Options
    Sure will Rosie.