New cooker

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 16. Jan 2014, 03:46 in Community Chit-chat archive
It's arrived .There it sits in my kitchen all gleaming white and chrome,I don't want to use it I want to keep it in its pristine state BUT we are having grilled gammon and mash with tinned spaghetti for tea I will probably wipe it afterwards but I suspect that won't last long.
I must commend John L***s their delivery ,installation and taking away of the old one was first class and two very nice polite young men who fitted it and talked me through using it (its not rocket science ) but they have their job to do. Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hmmmm. How's about wrapping it in cling film and then cooking? That way all you will have to do is peel off the film. :wink: Seriously hon, get stuck in. It's a useful bit of kit and, if you start as you mean to go on then keeping it clean won't be too onerous. Believe you me, the novelty will soon wear off. :( DD

PS Take a photo before you sully it!
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    You enjoy mig, if it is like my new kitchen the novelty will wear off in about a month.....................happy cooking...............Marie :D xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hee I remember it well..a new shiny cooker....you enjoy Mig..
    Love
    Barbara
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    We had a new cooker 5 years ago and I clean it after every time I use it. In fact a Hotpoint engineer called to repair our washer recently and remarked that we'd had a new cooker in the last 6 months. But but was the same cooker we'd had all them years earlier. They're worth keeping clean I reckon.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Happy new cooker. When I get a new kitchen appliance, I clean it after every use for a few weeks then once a week then less often, although I do give it a quick wipe if I spill anything. Yes it does wear off.
    Christine
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    I dont really like cookers :lol: .. me arm still bares the scars from colliflour cheese a crusrtt croc pot and a hot oven ,But happy new cooker and just be careful getting to know it :) (((())))Marrianne x