Warning Shot.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 22. Jan 2014, 07:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
It was around this time last year that I found myself hanging over the banisters at 202, mooing thanks to hip pain on the right hand side. Now it's the left side. Dammit. And no banisters over which to hang (well, there are, but they slope). Double Dammit - DD. :) I am hoping that it's just a muscle strain from all the physical stuff I've been doing recently but, deep down in my stony heart, I suspect it isn't just that - it's a warning shot across my considerable bows that summat is amiss. As Simon and Garfunkel didn't sing:

Hell OA my old friend
It's foul to welcome you again.

DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• ouchpotato
    ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh no DD, I hope it is just a strain. You have been overdoing it lately and maybe it's just your body's way of saying slow down? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you, Ouch. Things have eased a little but not that much. :( I've had another busy morning but I am taking things very easy this afternoon because that seems like a plan. Afternoon telly and a new jigsaw - get in! DD
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Lets hope it is just a muscle strain and will ease, but if it doesn't you know what i am going to say, get yourself to the doc, is that not what you would say to us :wink: lets hope things are getting easier....... take care.........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    (((()))) Mig
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD
    Hope it is just over exertion....you have been doing a lot.....you of all people should know about payback :wink:
    If it doesn't clear.....well you know the answer.....don't you?
    The docs!!!!
    Try and take it a bit easier and not just this afternoon :)
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    DD like you say hopefully its a muscle strain....must say I do love my bannister but hate the stairs that go with it...just a point could Mr DD not build you one...just a small one to lean over..hope up very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Hope it is just a strain. You have been very busy.Maybe a few rest days would help. Hope it eases quickly.
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you everyone, you are kind to take the time to reply but I have to ask why would I go to the docs? :? After a few years of this malarkey I know that the GP can't offer more than she does and that the rheumatologist won't be interested (and rightly so). Arthritis of any flavour is a progressive and degenerative condition and, and unsurprisingly, I have progressed and degenerated (I daresay that one or two of you might say I was already a degenerate :wink: ). Mr DD missed last years tears and tantrums because he was mildly disturbed by a dead and gangrenous appendix (AND GOT BETTER) whilst at home I mooed and cried and threw things. Now he's witnessing the same. Get on with it, mate. It has to be done because I don't have the luxury of the getting better option.

Some people just don't know when they are well off. Luckily you lot do appreciate the difference and I am very thankful that you are there.

I am not in a good mood. :oops: I apologise. :oops: DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Some more hugs (((((()))))) Mig
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    Sending you {{{{{}}}}}
    OK ...got the message....no doctor :lol: but please try to take it a bit easier for a while. :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    even more hugs will never go amiss. xxx Bubbles :)
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Be kind to yourself, DD and take things easy.
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    DD Hope it turns out to be a bit of twist this time ,the weather is not kind to cold muscles ,My only solution is the usual rest rest more rest and soaking in arnica baths bed and christmas books (((((())))))Marrianne
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well, that was a miserable night of un-sleep and no mistake. On the bright side I finished a long novel, completed one jigsaw and began another. It rained heavily all night but now the sun has come out which might cheer things. I am expecting the delivery of a new duvet today, hopefully before 11am because that is when two friends are coming round for coffee - I can then rope them in to help. :wink:

I hope you are all doing better today than yours truly but we'll muddle through, yes? We always do. DD
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    D.D You have had an extremely busy few months where you have had to do a lot, especially the move! Your body may be giving you the 3rd degree telling you to rest. I have learned to know that to ask you to rest up will be totally ignored!! So what I'll say is as everyone on this post has said, try and give your body a rest! Take Care. (())
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Well, I must say I'm not surprised you're suffering! I don't suppose you are either. :?
    Rest when you can, and enjoy, and take full advantage of your friends visit.:wink:
    Take care ((((()))))
    Numpty
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hope things start improving for you soon DD. You have had an awful lot to cope with recently so it is not surprising that there are a few protests going on in the OA department. Take it as easy as you can and have a restful weekend.

Beryl. (((())))
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi DD
    I hope the hip settles down, and soon! We get used to our `usual` aches and pains, and when a new one joins in it can get too much! I find heat helps me the most with back and hip pain, not sure if you will agree. The pain dullers still need to be taken too, regardless.
    I haven`t tried mooing, maybe I should!! I can be a right cow when in pain :lol::lol::lol:
    I hope you have a more restful night xx
    NB
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I have been more sensible today :) inasmuch as I have sat a great deal more but was able to get on with housey things too. Some kitchen steps were involved but only briefly. :D I will shortly begin the dinner and stick it in a low oven (s'only a chilli) so he can deal with it if I can't lift it out - it's in his stomach's interest to help, no? :lol:

The left hip was miserable last night but it has eased today. I agree about the hottie, NB, I walked around last year with one clamped to my right one but so far so good - I am more alert to things this time around - at least I've now run out of hips. :wink: DD
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hope this horrible episode settles somewhat, sooner rather than later. Hope you're feeling less miserable or grumpy or whatever the best word to describe it is! :o

Deb x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad to hear you are slightly better today, long may it continue, hope Mr DD has enjoyed his chilli, any leftovers well.............xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Ah Villier, he did. We have started to eat together in the silence of the kitchen (rather than in the sitting room whilst watching the telly). It won't last. He is both a fast (gobbler) and noisy (can't hear myself think) eater. Irksome.

Another long night beckons. I've unearthed the hotties, taken the cocos (but wish I had some GA to hand) and dug out a very challenging 1000 piece jigsaw. If the remedies are in place then they won't be needed . . . . . . as if. :wink: DD
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    Hope you had a slightly better night last night.
    How are you today?

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello my lovely, I am OK, I slept better which helps. Stuff hurts but so what? That's hardly new or news! :lol: My new duvet arrived last night (a goose feather and down effort) so I am off to unpack it, fluff it up and dress it with a lovely new cover from Laura You-Know-Who. :D Mr DD has just gone to the dump with a load of flattened boxes and we have discovered that the garage roof leaks all over the place. I think we need to get that fixed ASAP. DD
  • hileena111
    Options
    Oh DD
    Sounds lovely.......especially the cover.....lover her stuff.
    Hope you get the garage roof sorted and glad you had a better night......as you say....sore but what's new {with most of us} :lol:

Love
    Hileena