8 Weeks after THR is this normal.

Options
2»

Comments

• elsa56
    elsa56 Member Posts: 98
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well after my day out Sunday and yesterday walking around alot more, I suffered all last night and today with pains in my left shoulder, arm, shoulder blade, ribs and neck. Can't win!! I'm going to try something and see if it takes the pressure off my left side. That is to lower my left crutch one notch down to see if that helps, it's the left side I lean on more.
    I know a lot of the pain is good old Arthur but if I can relieve some of it I will walk around more.
    I can't go without them and not able to use just one yet,,,,How long does it take to get to that stage? I have tried just using one but too much discomfort.
    Off to the dentist tomorrow as I've chipped one of my teeth so need a filling.
    Need some positive thoughts from everyone to get me back on the mend
    Xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Elsa I think I would have been using one crutch after around 3 months..going out that is but could use one in the house..but because my other hip and back are not good I am stuck with two..its so annoying ...not sure about you bur for a few months I was really tired after a couple of hours out..butt hat does go away..
    Love
    Barbara
  • elsa56
    Options
    Oh my god, so sorry to hear about Hileena, I do hope she gets it sorted out.
    I still can't stand on my op leg or go without crutches, and physio has said I'm not ready to drive yet and need to ask my surgeon to sort out the leg length difference. I'm seeing him today.
    Does anyone get pins and needles and a tight feeling around the ankle and front of the foot and lower leg after sitting down for half an hour?
    It's really painful and that's why she said I'm not to drive.
    Barbara give Hileena my best wishes please xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    How did the appt. with the surgeon go, Elsa? Any joy re leg length?

I know a few on here write of pins and needles or even numbness, whether or not they've had a leg op. I don't think I've ever had it so can't help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elsa56
    Options
    SW I came away feeling positive!!! He is sending an appointment for me to get measured correctly for an instep and also he is arrangeing for me to have an MRI scan on my back as he thinks the problem with my leg is coming from my back. I have been asking my GP to do this for me and he refused. The last one I had was 17 years ago and that showed 2 discs had worn away, one in the lower back and one in the therasic area if that makes sense.
    He also said that I have bursitis under the scar area and the worst part he told me was that I am still not fit to drive :cry:
    Have to go back in six weeks to see him with the results from the MRI scan.
    xxxxxx