Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Help us improve our website, chatbot and online community
We’d love your help to improve our digital services. It’s important to us that our website, chatbot and online community continue to support and provide information people with arthritis in the right way. We’re excited to be doing research to understand more about what’s working for you and what’s not so we can continue to improve what we’re doing.
You don’t need to be familiar with our digital services or a digital native to take part. The research will take one hour and will be run by a research consultancy SnapOut. Simply fill in the survey below to get involved. Together, we can continue to do more for people living with arthritis.

Fill in this survey to take part

Just a little Hello

DoubleouchDoubleouch Posts: 33
edited 9. Apr 2014, 05:33 in Say Hello Archive
Hi
I am 55 and have OA in foot/knees/hands
I had to have a total ankle fusion after a tri-maellor fracture
Since December I have been getting ,daily headache,dizziness,stiff neck,pins and needles in arms,hands,and across top of shoulder, and a dead, heavy arm feeling on using arms.Currently seeing a physio referred by GP, who thinks my latest problem is Cervial Spondylosis with Radiculopathy, been given stretching exercises to do, so far no change
I also have FMS and Asthma
x :P

Comments

• dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Doubleouch, it's lovely to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I empathise with your troubles - I am in a similar boat with psoriatic arthritis which in turn has led to OA in a number of useful joints including my neck. I also have fibromyalgia and asthma but the latter is very well controlled. I began aged 37 and am now 55.

You are talking to the initiated on here, we will all recognise the troubles and frustrations of life with arthritis and this is a good place to come and grumble because no-one will say anything silly in response. :) We are a supportive bunch so feel free to join any conversation on any board that takes your fancy; new views and voices are always welcome. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • DoubleouchDoubleouch Posts: 33
    Hi
    dreamdaisy ( love the name)
    Many thanks for the welcome,
    I am sure I will be visting alot fof tips on coping and information on this awfull condition
    x
  • barbara12barbara12 Posts: 20,777
    Hello Doubleouch..I love the user name
    Welcome to the forum and I hope you get has much out of it as I have, I have OA am 63 nearly 64..and also have it in a few place one being the neck..so I understand were you are coming from..not very nice..but Physio can be very helpful for neck probs.. I do hope to see you around the forum ..
    Love
    Barbara
  • DoubleouchDoubleouch Posts: 33
    Hi Barbara
    Many thanks for the welcome
    Take Care
    x
  • Sarah01Sarah01 Posts: 192
    Hi Doubleouch,

Welcome to the forum :)

I was diagnosed with OA in both hips last year at the age of 41. I also have early onset of OA in one of my knees. Had my first THR just over 12 weeks ago.

Sorry that you had to find us on here, I look forward to seeing you around.

Take care
    Sarah x