POCKET DUTIES PLEASE [EYE APPOINTMENT]

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 18. Apr 2014, 06:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well......tomorrow is another hospital appointment :o
What did I do with my time before I had all these appointments :lol:
Its another appointment at the hospital for my eyes......I don't really hold out much hope.....everyone I've had up until now {almost 3 years} has been useless :roll:
Last time all he did was put me on antibiotics and the course is almost finished. They are worse if anything :?
Oh well wish me luck please

Love
Hileena

Comments

• kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'll be with you. Hope all goes well. Beryl ((()))
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    I'll be there, too, Hileena. Do hope that things go well and you get some effective treatment.

Meg
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'll be with you Hileena.
    I really hope you get some satisfactory answers this time.
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi
    Count me in! I hope this appointment is a more successful one this time.
    NB
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    I'll be there too-hope you get some help this time.

Deb x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Let's all hope that this will be the one. And well done on keeping your hopes, and spirits, up for all this long time.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I'll snuggle in your pocket Hileena, hope the appointment goes well for you and this time is more effective for your eyes.
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support
    I will post and let you know IF anything happens :roll: tomorrow

Love
    Hileena
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Be there with you. Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Count me in Hileena, keeping fingers crossed for a positive result this time...................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,925
    Options
    Hello Hileena
    good luck I hope this one isn't cancelled.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Will be thinking about you Hileena..I know how much those eyes get you down and know wounder..good luck I really do hope they can offer some help much better then the last time anyway..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Just thought I would put a last post in.......its a busy day :wink:

8am I have a telephone appointment with the GP, they wanted to make it a face to face appt. today but no way could I fit it in :(
    Its about my Vitamin D levels.....they were taken about 10 days ago and now the GP wants to talk....they are low {how low I don't know} :?

Then the dreaded eye appointment at 10.30am

This afternoon......at a hospital in the opposite direction :roll: I have to go to the physio /gym and see a physiotherapist and do lots of exercises :o

If I'm still able :lol: I'll post when I get back :lol:
    Thanks to all those pocket dwellers :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Wishing you stamina for the day ahead.......... and at least some positive results along the line. :)

Deb x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks Deb
    Just had that call from the GP.....Vitamin D is very low so a lot more tablets to be taken :shock:
    Wonderful :roll:
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Options
    Morning Hileena I was just popping into say I hope the eye appointment goes well..and now this..I think I told you I take calcium with vit D...who knows they might really help..not the eyes the joints :? ..will be thinking about you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Well the eye appointment.....if he could have kicked me out he would have :wink: I ended up having a bit of a row with him
    He asked how I was.......don't they always ask that silly question :roll:
    I told him the symptoms, itchy eyes, eyes stinging, watering, dry skin around them, cant open them in the morning etc {well he asked didn't he :lol: } to which he said "You are a glass half empty person not a glass half full person" that made me mad because I don't think I am. :?
    I admit I cant walk far with this fracture, I cant drive because of the eyes so I'm pretty well stuck :( and it has been about 3 years now. So I am a bit down.
    He then said it is self prophetic.....if you feel ill you will be ill.....you are focusing too much on your eyes :shock: As we get older everyone's eyes get a bit itchy and watery :o
    Then he said we are going round in circles and getting nowhere and I have a room of patients waiting to be seen.....I said Tell me about it...I'm one of those patients that has sat more than an hour over their appointment time waiting to be seen.
    There was more but at the moment I cant remember it all
    Got a steroid cream for my eyelids :shock:

Home......quick lunch and then out to a different hospital.......this was for the physio/gym........I'm now very sore but that's to be expected :lol:

Sorry for the rant
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Blimey! That sounded a bit of a nightmare. Have you seen him before and, if so, was he like that then? We all have bad days and this was clearly one of his. Do you have a further appt?

Is there any time/place when your eyes are a bit better? Or worse?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    edited 17. Apr 2014, 04:40
    Options
    :lol: Hi Sticky
    I've seen him twice before.......the last time I took a small notebook out of my bag with some bullet points on it.
    Normal for us...yes :?:
    I didn't make it particularly obvious......but he immediately said.....NO NOTES.....I'll ask questions and you can answer them :shock:
    Admittedly at the end of that appointment he did say have we covered everything?
    I don't have another appointment but he gave me a prescription.
    It says on his label on it....Apply to affected lids on both eyes TWICE a day {block caps are his} All the instructions in it say about putting it in your eye as directed??? {not on your lid} Anyway I used it last night and woke up with them very itchy this morning.......I put another lot on today and the same thing and the lids are more inflamed??????? I know you didn't ask that :wink:
    He also mentioned an operation under local anaesthetic??? Something about a couple of stitches on the outside of each eye to lift my eye, {Botox :lol::lol: under the NHS?} He snapped "are you game" so I said yes.......thinking if I say no I wont get another chance but when I find out more about it I can say no......I don't have to have it. So he said he would get in touch with his colleague who does those ops.
    I suppose I have to wait to hear and ten find out what it is called.
    He might mention it to the GP and I'm copied into his mail.
    Ever heard of anything like that?
    Do you remember Chris {Skeizer} she always talked about trying to get her face in the way when she was having botox injections :lol::lol:
    Sorry you asked about worse or better....Outside they are worse, inside on mobility scooter {in a shopping mall} worse, light {not necessarily sun} makes them worse.
    Love
    Hileena
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Oh Hileena, how awful! If only these people knew what it's really like to have continuously itching, stinging watering eyes, perhaps they could do their job with a little more empathy!
    For what it's worth, you don't come across to me as a glass half empty type.
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks Numpty

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hi Hileena
    So sorry this appointment was so horrible he sounds very arrogant... :roll: am so glad you had your say though maybe it will show him what he is...and now the cream is not working..or making things worse...there has to be something that will help somewhere..and I hope it comes your way soon...suppose you have tried the chemist see if they can offer any help..sorry if you have already said...(((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    I spoke to B***s last week....very nice lad. I was looking at the expensive blepharitis stuff. He suggested I try an ointment £3 {bit of a difference} and use it as often as needed, then he mentioned eye drops Hypromellose....... The GP put them on repeat one time a long time ago when I went to her in between appointments with the hospital....they are still on the prescription so I got some. So the inflammation seemed to be helped with these 2 things :wink: but then yesterday I undid it all.....so whether to keep trying the steroid for a few more days or just stop altogether and go back to the B***s remedies??
    Love
    Hileena
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Hileena

I am so sorry to read all this. You have so much going on at this time. It is good that you will be put on Vit D as your result came back low as it is important to get enough Vit D regarding osteoporosis. Often people with OP have low Vit D levels when tested.

Your eye problems have been going on for such a long time. What a horrendous consultant you saw too.

Hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Elna
    I've got a "starter pack" :lol: to be taken 3 times a week for 8 weeks then afterthat I get Ad Cal which I have to take {I think} every day twice a day??
    Yes not a very nice consultant.

Love
    Hileena