Options
2»

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Hileena

I take the Vit D only (prescription) and try to get enough calcium from diet. I did have those pills (Ad Cal or similar) but hated them so discussed it with my GP.

I had a Vit D test, only because I asked the GP and the result came back ok for me.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Wow Hileena you got an a**e hole for a consultant! Sorry your appointment wasn't great and you left with cream for your eyes, then you had to rush off for another appt you must be knackered!! Try and get some rest today for your body to get over yesterdays rush. Sorry yesterday was a c****y result.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    It's all coming back to me now. This fellow 'has form', doesn't he?

I think you were absolutely right to agree to see his colleague re the stitches. As you say, you don't have to go along with it if you don't want to (but why not if it might help?) and surely one hospital can't have two misanthropic docs :roll:

I don't think you're a glass half empty person either. In fact, while we're on the subject, mine's a dry white, please :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Elna
    The first tablet I have to take 3 times a week for 8 weeks is Bio Vit D then after that the Ad Cal which I haven't got yet. I think I had them once before for osteopenia........horrible chalky things? I'll try them anyway.
    I must check out a diet......I know things like milk yoghurt cheese etc but don't really know much else.

Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Bubba
    I am so sore today but that's to be expected :wink:
    At the gym in the physio department.....I can tell you I haven't done any of the exercise today :lol:
    I'll live :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Sticky
    I probably will go along with the operation......its just I said yes without even thinking {except to think that I don't have to have it}
    I would love to have a name for it and I would google it :oops:
    I know I shouldn't google.......
    Hopefully he will write to the GP about it soon and I'll get the copy of it and might find out more :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Sorry you had such a grim eye consult.... what an arrogant idiot- how about a complaint via PALS? I know that doctors have bad days too(my son is a paediatrician and meets some pretty unpleasant parents who he has to remain polite to even after a 13 hour working day in the midst of a ten day stretch of shifts without a day off), but any half wit would know that we don't choose to endure these ridiculous ailments, and wouldn't ask for help if we didn't need it. I've met some arrogant docs along the way too, recently one in an ENT department, and those encounters really colour our view of hospital appointments. I really hope the next one will be more supportive and polite.

The adcal comes in several forms..... I couldn't do the chewable ones, made me heave :( , so then I tried fizzy ones in water- made me burp :oops: , now I have enormous bullet shaped ones to swallow- need plenty of water but at least they don't have any unpleasant side effects! However- my OH did ask if they were designed as horse pills not people pills-he may have a point :roll:

Deb x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Deb
    Thanks for the info about the AD Cal.....I'll see how it goes when I eventually get it
    As for complaining......not sure.....I'm calming down a bit now and want to see what his next step is......to do with this operation and what he says to the GP in his letter.....I will get a copy

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hileena glad to see you spoke to Bo***..and they have given you some advice...I am still fuming for you but like you say see what the next step is and what the letters says, them make your mind up ..he shouldn't be working in the NHS... :roll: hope you get some relief soon ..and I am glad they picked up on the vit D levels ..hopefully the tabs will help the joints..fingers crossed....xx
    Love
    Barbara