Woman cannot live by prednis-alone.

Options
2»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    There's no infection, dibdab, it's just my manky body reacting to the world around it in a way it hasn't for years. The phlegm has thinned again but it's still difficult to bring it up from the bottom of my lungs which is where it likes to settle. I spent many years like this as a child (April to September for eight or so years) but hopefully that won't be the case this time around. I may well go back to the GP, not because he can do anything because he can't, but to sound him out about how long I could take the pred before a tapered withdrawal becomes necessary. This is my third pred-free day. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Just sending waves of sympathy and understanding your way :cry: , sometimes life just sucks!
    Deb x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Only sometimes? :wink: My fourth pred-free day has dawned, yesterday's dose of fresh sea air helped matters (I had only one brief bout of coughing at around 2am) and so far so good today; maybe I'll return to Felixstowe this afternoon for another blast of its restorative properties.

I am beginning to think - albeit cautiously - that things could be improving. I hope so but I am not counting any chickens as yet, just the eggs. :wink: DD
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Make sure you don't put them all in one basket :wink:
    I do hope things are really improving for you DD.
    It's a pity you can't bottle sea air.
    Numpty
  • fortuna
    fortuna Member Posts: 149
    Options
    Sound like a little improvement. Hope it continues,
    Fortuna
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    How are you feeling DD, aka FAL?

Hoping things are a little better at least.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh Anna, how kind. I'm slowly getting 'better' in that the breathing is much improved but I am still coughing on a regular basis. Taking the immune-suppressants last week made a big difference but I am still pleased I missed a week in case it had been an infection (even though I was 99.95% certain it wasn't :wink: ).

How are things with you and Mr B? I bet it's good having him home again. DD
  • Boomer13
    Options
    It really is especially now I'm having a major flare :cry:

I hope you are doubling up on the rest, I recall how exhausting coughing can be. The pollen storm here seems to have eased off now. Hoping it has in your part of the planet too :)
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'm not sure if it has or whether the saturation of inhalers is working. I know this, however: no pred for nine days has resulted in my returning to the cracks, creaks and squeaks of moving, and increased (no Daisy, not increased, just back to normal) levels of pain.

I wish I could help, Anna, but all I can do is send kind thoughts from the UK to you. Life sucks and then it chooses to suck some more. Dammit. DD ((( )))
  • Boomer13
    Options
    You do help DD and everyone else by being here, summoning energy to write well and follow posts. I'm realising that itself is not always easy when painful, etc, etc....