Numptydumpty had a rotten day.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 9. May 2014, 12:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've heard from Numpty; she had a truly awful day yesterday and is feeling rather low - we all know how that feels, yes?

Numpty, my thoughts are with you and I hope that things improve soon. RA can be an unruly beast and yours sounds to be really misbehaving at the moment. :( Take care, you know what to do to help matters and I hope that you have some family there to help you through this rough patch. ((( ))) DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sorry to hear you are feeling so rubbish Numpty, lets hope it doesn't last too long (((()))) thinking of you........................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Sorry life is tough Numpty-just dropped in to leave some hugs
    {{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}. Take care.

Deb x
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Ohh Numpty, gentle ((( ))))
    Sending love and thinking of you. Be kind to yourself! xx
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Oh I am sorry, Numpty. I hope it doesn't last and you are feeling better soon. Sending (((()))) and TLC.

xxAnna
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Thank you all for your support and well wishes and thank you DD for starting this thread. I really do appreciate all of your kind words, and virtual hugs.
    I thought things were improving earlier today, but unfortunately they've taken a downward turn. I don't like to whinge, but I do feel rough, and being unable to walk, and only having use of my weakest hand/arm, is quite frustrating!
    Luckily my daughter is here for this long weekend, her nursing me wasn't quite what we had in mind, but that's life with arthritis, full of unpleasant surprises, as you all well know :wink:
    Thank you all for caring.
    Numpty
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Hello Numpty sorry I am late seeing this, Im glad to see your daughter is with you, it does help to have company when you are feeling rotten..I hope tomorrow is a better day for you..((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    Call that a whinge!!! even I could do better than that Numpty :lol: I am glad your daughter is with you for the weekend, I know it is not what you planned but unfortunately Arthritis doesn't know the meaning of the word. You take care and hope you are feeling a wee bit better tomorrow (((())) xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Oh Numps so sorry you're having a rotten time,hope it passes soon.(((()))) Mig
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Sorry you are feeling so low. Glad your daughter is with you helping out. Hope you feel better quickly.
    Christine
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    I'm so sorry ure having such a tough time :(

It is fortunate ure daughter was visiting wen ure feeling this bad, even tho that wasn't the purpose of her visit originally, I'm quite sure she's pleased she's there to be able to help you!! :)

Sending lots of gentle ((((hugs)))) I hope you start to feel a bit better asap.

Take care.

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Numptydumpty
    Many thanks to you all, for the lovely messages of support.
    Not much sign of improvement as yet, but it will come soon, it has to, my daughter has to go back this evening :?
    So, I'm sitting here, with my foot in a wax bath, and other parts of my anatomy draped in wheat bags, maybe that's why I'm having a hot flush :lol:
    Wish me luck :D
    Numpty
  • dreamdaisy
    You are doing all the right things to help yourself, keep resting etc., and ensure you have a 'phone to hand so that you can 'phone a friend if needed. (You know my brolly theory, if you do it won't be needed. :wink: ) I wish you well and I am thinking of you. DD
  • villier
    Hope things are a wee bit better today Numpty thinking of you (((()))).............Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Oh Numpty, so sorry your having such a ruff time, when you hit a bump in the road like you have all you can do is rest and let your body recover. I know it can be a pain in the **** but it has to be done! You where lucky to have your daughter staying with you so she could help and give you time to rest and recoup. I hope you feel a little better today. Sending you a big (())
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,132
    Hello Numpty
    i hope it calm's down soon for you.((((((((numpty))))))))
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    It's not been easy for you lately, poor Numpty. :( Be kind to yourself and keep doing what you're doing.
    "This too shall pass" x
  • fortuna
    fortuna Member Posts: 149
    Echo everything already said. Hoping you have some improvement today,
    Fortuna x
  • dreamdaisy
    Good morning, Numpty, how's tricks? I hope you managed a good night's rest, that things are at least a little brighter today and take it easy. ((( ))) DD
  • villier
    How are things going today Numpty? keeping fingers crossed you are feeling a bit better (((())))...............Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Afternoon Numps any better ? Mig
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    How are things with you today Numpty? Hope you are feeling a little better.
    Christine
  • Numptydumpty
    Sorry for such a late reply.
    It's been a funny kind of a day. This morning was awful, after a very restless night I struggled to get moving. I think I panicked a bit, being on my own, (my daughter went back yesterday evening)
    Anyhow, I muddled through the morning, then I slept for a while this afternoon. I've kept up with the wax bath and wheat bags, and am taking a higher dose of prednisolone, my Rheumy has always told me to do this for a few days if I feel I need it. This evening I do think things are easing a little, so hopefully there's light at the end of this particular tunnel. :D
    Thank you all for the messages of support, they are much needed and appreciated. Tomorrow is another day (thank goodness).
    Numpty
  • Numptydumpty
    Well, things have improved so much, that today I grabbed my crutches and hobbled to the village shop. :D
    Admittedly I've done little else, but it's a start.
    My daughter will be back tomorrow evening until Sunday, and my eldest daughter is coming on Saturday, also until Sunday. I'm really looking forward to this weekend, especially as the bank holiday weekend was a complete washout for me. :D
    Numpty
  • dreamdaisy
    Bank Holidays are a strange mixture of being organised and 'special' which makes them more difficult to endure when personal circumstances have changed. Pred is a useful med when needed but don't overdo things, OK? ((( ))) DD
  • villier
    I am so pleased Numpty you are feeling a wee bit better. It is great your girls are both going to be with you for the weekend, that alone must be helping knowing they will be there for the help that you need to help you through. You know we are all here as well to support you as you have supported us.................take care..................Marie xx
    day is full of Smiles