I looked at the sun and turned into a tomato!

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 27. May 2014, 07:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am cross with myself but also quite surprised. I know I'm sun sensitive due to my medications but this takes the biscuit.

I had a fab day at a county show yesterday, so spent a fair bit of time in the great outdoors. It seemed a good opportunity to increase my low vit D too. It wasn't hot by any means; I still had jeans, boots and cardi on! Also, with my RA raging away, I spent quite a bit of time chilling in the various tents. Anyway, by the time evening crawled around, my entire face was tomato red as was my neck. Ooops! :oops:

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oops indeed, but being a cup half full kind of girl I'd suggest when it settles you'll be an attractive shade of honey brown that others will envy! :D , seriously though, thanks for the reminder that we all need to be mindful of the need for sun screen and a broad brimmed hat. I use a simple moisturiser with an in built sunscreen which seems to help, and got a new sunhat today more in hope than anticipation of some sunny weather to come :?

Deb xx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    This is going to make me sound terribly vain and believe me, I'm not but I look awful in hats. I have tried many, many styles and I fail to look anything other than ridiculous. However, I am planning a winter sun holiday later in the year, so I think I shall have to make do. :lol:

It's raining again here but if the sun comes out, I shall be armed with factor 50. I now have a small bottle in my handbag.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    It's so easily done :roll: The occasion I remember vividly was watching a cricket match where there was about 90% cloud cover. When I looked in the mirror next day the left side of my face was bright red and the right pristine white.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright