Is my Sick Pay amount good?

sailrib
sailrib Member Posts: 327
I'm just wondering what the standard sick pay is for companies? I know it varies form company to company but I'm still curious as to what people get.

I get 7 month full pay for my sick pay, is that good compared to a lot of places?

Thank you! :)

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'd say that's very good. I'm a teacher and due to my length of service get 6 months full pay and 6 half, holidays get counted in automatically unless you are in school the day before, I'm therefore going back for the last two days of term to avoid this.
  • sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks.

I'm only in my 20s and I'm thinking about my future as my surgeon said my feet are going to get a lot worse even with more operations.

I know I'll be a regular user of my sick pay.

I went for an interview as I really want to get a new job and they said they would only pay up to 3 weeks in any one year no matter how long I've been there of sick pay and they said that is very good as a lot of companies won't pay anything.

After their comment on sick pay it's made me realise that I properly need to stay in my job, only because of the sick pay and being able to live whiles off sick, then the fact I don't really enjoy my job.

Who's Online

2 Guests