Today I am mostly . . .

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 1. Jun 2014, 10:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
. . . . lounging around the house. My joints from the waist down are going at hit hammer and tongs and I am very tired. I spent far too much time yesterday driving and walking, what was I thinking? :roll: How dare I expect at the age of 55 to be able to be out and about for three hours or so. :lol: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you are having a bad day DD. It is so frustrating when just doing what others don't even have to think about doing comes back to bite you after. Hope your restful day does the trick.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    You don't realise at the time you are doing too much until it is too late, at least you are doing the sensible thing by having a restful day, hope this does the trick and you are ok for the weekend....................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I hope you are in your lounge suit. I prescribe copious amounts of tea, a good book, computer games if required and, if all else fails, daytime TV.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Its called not giving in DD...so rest today then off again tomorrow..or maybe the day after..((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan, I think I may join you :D
    Numpty
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    The resting hasn't helped but there again so what? Life sucks, end of. Mr DD has just texted saying he will be around 90 minutes late. Jolly good - we're having fish fingers, chips and peas for din-dins so, strictly speaking, I don't need to be awake to chef. :wink: DD
  • Slosh
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. Why not ask him to bring in fish and chips? Even less cooking and if you eat from the paper no washing up!
    Hope you feel better tomorrow
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Slosh
    Options
    Hi DD
    Just wanted to check in on how you are, hope yesterday's rest has done the trick and you're feeling a bit better for it.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh Slosh, thank you, that is kind. Today seems to be very similar to yesterday with the added aches of fibro so it's not going well. :( I have, however, been here before and will be again, so really it's no big deal ('cept it is :wink: ) Mr DD is very tense today thanks to much going on at work , this is having a knock-on effect on me so I am keeping my head down and out the way. DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,943
    Options
    Hello DD
    i hope thing's calm down for you soon. sorry about Mr DD's job problems.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Hm. A few added extras and a tense, overworked husband. A Happy Weekend to you both :roll: Rest up, ease up, keep quiet and ((((())))) I don't envy you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hope things work out ok for you both. Open a bottle of wine later, the two of you put your feet up and at least things will look a bit better for a wee while :wink: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    The aftermath of a trip out always sting a fair bit, doesn't it? Looks like a quiet and relaxing weekend will do both you and Mr DD the world of good.
  • Slosh
    Options
    Hope you had that wine last night and that next week is better for you and Mr DD.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Options
    :shock: What? The entire list? What an evening that would be :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD
    Sorry I missed this post. How are you feeling now?
    Its not easy when one's OH is edgy and prickly is it.
    Hope things go OK for the rest of the day
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Much to my surprise he agreed to my taking him out for a late lunch: luckily the Sunday Times was there for us to read as he is not too chatty at the moment. It was pleasant though, the silence was comfortable; I'm hoping he's hit the calm before the storm (which will break over his head tomorrow). DD