Options
2»

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Overall I reckon I do OK and I must tell myself that more often, yes? DD
    You do more than OK DD, but perhaps rather than 'must tell myself that', which could be difficult to keep up(and therefore another 'failure') try leaving out the twerp epithet.
    I should say perhaps that I am not a 'power of positive thinking' person (a book called 'The Antidote:Happiness for people who can't stand positive thinking' by Oliver Burkeman could have been written for me!) but have come to realise over the last 2 year's difficulties that there is a middle ground. If I can't accentuate the positive I can at least avoid accentuating the negative....if nothing else it makes me easier to work with, which I think my colleagues deserve.
    Sticky is right, so I'll lead the blush making offensive by saying that,as always, I am full of admiration for your commitment to supporting folk on the forum despite the fact that your own circumstances are less than ideal.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Daffy2 beat me to it. I'm a relative newbie both to Arthritis and to this forum but the support, advice and encouragement you have given me since I joined has helped me so much, and I know I'm not the only one.
    Don't beat yourself up, you are so generous with your support and advice, and I hope the weather turns in your favour soon as I know that it hasn't been helping.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Oh fair enough! I think you're OK too :oops: (You know you can't get higher praise from a Yorkie :wink: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    I totally agree with Slosh you help and advise others endlessly regarding how you are feeling, lets hope you turn a corner soon xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I don't know what to say but I admit I am very embarrassed by all of your kind words. :oops: When I joined the forum my intention was to offer what help and encouragement I could (based on my experiences) and posting on here has taught me a great deal about how to approach people I don't know: I was taken in hand by Jean et al who were very patient with me and I hope I have improved.

Arthritis is not only painful, it's also distressing, frustrating, isolating and a lonely experience (no matter who is physically around to support) then factor in the general ignorance about it and what it entails and we're on a hiding to nothing, yes? :( Thank whoever for AC and this forum because all of us on here 'get it'. Repeatedly. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I think madam that you can take all this support and kind words as evidence that you have provided so much support, advice and help to us all so often and so well. You reap what you sow. Keep going brave lady and I second your thanks for this wonderful forum :)
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    DD if your a twerp, we are all twerps! We have all ignored our own advice and over done it at sometime or other! I know when I over do it and suffer for it my OH will give me 'that' look and say 'you did that to yourself, don't come crying to me!' I hope it won't make you suffer for too long. Just take it a day at a time. Sending you a big (())