feeling so down

Options
2»

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Wondering the same thing as DD. Have you seen your GP yet? If so was it helpful? Thinking of you
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    As an actual bloke I admit we are not the brightest when it comes to subtleties. So please tell him exactly how you are etc...

Personally I really do not do subtle in any shape or form... :?

Be well mi dear :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • celebrationb
    celebrationb Member Posts: 134
    Options
    Have to wait a bit for an appointment for doc. Spoke to hubby about everything trying to sort out some family matters too which has been causing stress. My knee is very sore went a walk today on my own is clear head.
    Thank you all for asking
    Always remember my mum giving ice cream or sweets if you hurt yourself. I don't eat much sweets or choc so ice cream was good.
    Have been I know I shouldn't but moving settee as we got a new second hand one.
    Work starting to come in so getting busy again.
    So glad you are all here feel better that their are people who care. Waiting for arthritis board to get back to me to about meetings.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thank you for replying and I hope your walk helped matters to resolve themselves.

So, you knew you shouldn't do it but you did. :wink: I've been there, done that, learned it's stupid but still find it hard to take a back seat. :oops: It's not easy (far from it) and today I discovered once more just how difficult it is to let others do at home what you once could manage. :oops: When I was out and about today with the rollator, I had no shame in asking the very helpful shop assistant to carry a rather bulky purchase to my car. He carried a substantial weight (to me) with ease but when I arrived home and had to lug it for myself . . . . My next lesson is to learn to wait for available help when at home . . . . DD (who, after eighteen years, hasn't learned much).
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Well done on talking things over with your husband. I hope it took some of the stress away. Stress is the last thing we need. I hope you're not too busy at work and, as for moving furniture, I usually have bruises on my knees :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • celebrationb
    Options
    Over the past few days talking about lots of problems trying sort them out. Talking a lot about things and business etc. I am taking up an old hobby painting.
    DD it is hard to ask for help, i have been so indepentant but now I have to. how are you keeping?
    The kids have been helping when here. Feeling a bit better
    Yes i am bruised but in the arms and hands but i bruise easliy.
    I have not been to my club now for the past couple of weeks and have had not word form anyone.
    But the knee is still swellon and sore. Have a very busy day on sat with work but i do ok. It has been good to have evyone here and not feeling so alone, my hubby been very good.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you for asking but, honestly, you don't need to know how things are with me. DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    That's a great idea, to resume an old hobby. I hope it'll give you lot's of pleasure - and maybe others too.

Independence is a good thing but it's even better to understand when to be dependent. If you are independent by nature you'll never become over-dependent on others and sometimes others like to help as it makes them feel useful and not excluded. Well done to your husband. He sounds like a good 'un :D
    Steven Wright
  • celebrationb
    Options
    DD it is nice to read how everyone else lives are. I know you weere going through a rough time and i care about how you are. I have a met up with the Arthritis care team in NI this week. I phoned them for a chat and maybe going to meetings too. Trying to stay positive at the moment.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you, that is very kind of you because that was not a gracious reply by yours truly, and I apologise. :oops: I am used to things being hard because that is the norm but the past three weeks have been very challenging with workmen coming and going, much banging and drilling and dust and me making endless cups of tea and coffee to keep the workers happy and then chuck in one very heavy fall to round it all off. :roll: It was all worth it though, we have two new shower rooms and I have a new oven and induction hob to master. :? DD
  • celebrationb
    Options
    DD, After all the mess and you have a the trouble now you have all the new nice things, and with falling its not nice. And you were talking about getting a moblity scooter which is great to be able to move around. You were ok am just moaning a lot.
    Maybe hoping for some good news.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    No, you're not moaning a lot, in your case this malarkey is still new and therefore raw. I have a lifetime of rubbish health so getting to grips with new lows is a little easier because I have rarely experienced the highs of a healthy life (and for those who have such a thing, well, they don't recognise it as a plus because they take it for granted.)

AC gives us the freedom to complain and that is a wonderful thing. You know that those who read will understand and not criticise, because we have all been there and so understand. I've experienced eighteen years of Living with Arthritis (and there's a few more to come, all being 'well') but it's not easy. Tonight I am a short-tempered harridan but will do my best not to let rip at Mr DD (who is the cause of said mood). He can't help being healthy, but even worse he's a healthy bloke. :roll: DD
  • celebrationb
    Options
    Am feeling a bit better,have been trying to be positive. I have at the moment stopped ju jitsu but hoping maybe go back when I feel better but may not go back. . work starting to come in so it keeps me busy. Knee still sore , thank you all. Trying to walk more and lose weight, even although the doc said not to lose to much also talking to the local arthritis group too.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    It seems as if you're being very positive and trying hard to come to terms with your arthritis. I wish you every success.

Docs don't often tell people with arthritis not to lose too much weight so please take notice of him.
    Steven Wright
  • celebrationb
    Options
    Hi . things have turned for the worse felt so good but when getting out of bed on wed morning i turned wrong and i hope just pulled a muscle but my back was so painfull that i screamed when moved. Now with painkillers and deep heat my back is getting a bit better but still had to work as been self employed I have no chioce.
    Question ... If anyone has oa in there knee could it affect your back and cause problems or is it just a pulled muscle. To get a doc appointment will take a long time.
    Many thanks
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I think the only possible answer is that your back pain might be referred from your knee but might also be a tweaked muscle. I'm sorry but we really can't diagnose. If you're worried about it you'll have to ask a doc. My opinion (and that's all it is) would be that, if you twisted it getting out of bed it sounds as if you've tweaked a muscle but, given that your ju jitsu should keep your muscles in good nick, maybe not :?
    Steven Wright
  • celebrationb
    Options
    I have made a decision :( to give up ju jitsue for a while. I felt that i was doing nothing and the past couple of times came home sore. I do regret it but can afford to get hurt. i just its the right thing to do . but trying to walk every day. I do hope to go back but not sure.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Giving up things we love is very difficult, especially at first. I guess the more you give up the more routine it gets bu t, even so, I always try to compensate by starting something new that interests me and that I can do. Might this work for you?
    Steven Wright
  • celebrationb
    Options
    I have started an old hobby of painting picture just finished one of the eiffel tower for my daughter and work seems to be getting busy. So I am keeping myself busy with it too. As I am working I am excerise on the spot as much as possible. I am also going to one of the meetings soon about Arthritis.
    Hope everyone is keeping well?
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    That sounds positive. I've got into origami, realised it's a good way of exercising my left hand which has some muscle weakness in it. Enjoy your painting.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh dear. :( I am sorry. I empathise because I remember how difficult it was to stop doing the things I enjoyed because my silly body wouldn't allow but, for what it's worth, I think you are getting to grips with this malarkey. Yup, I know, it's icy-cold comfort :oops: but you show further wisdom in trying to find another source of expression and I hope it helps you. DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    That's good news :D I believe you have accepted the inevitable and are now moving on. I do hope you find the painting rewarding.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Celebration
    I'm so sorry
    I thought I had answered this thread and went to check on you and realised I mustn't have answered. I've been reading from the beginning again. You really do seem to have progressed.
    Well done....its not easy having to let go of things we can no longer do....but to find something else we can do is the answer or find another way to do things you used to do.
    I cannot paint at all :lol: so I do envy people that can
    Keep at it and keep talking to us.
    Love
    Hileena