Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Bursitis of the hip

paulchpaulch Posts: 103
edited 2. Aug 2014, 06:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
:( Hi all. Just had a batch of x rays of my hips thinking that arthur was causing me all this pain and weakness , turns out that i do have mild arthur in hips but have chronic Bursitis of the hips causing walking and stairs very difficult, also because of stroke i had 6 yrs ago this has amplified it all i am to have physio for my left foot which came through quick 10 days for first treatment !!
I am to have ultra sound guided injection for bursitis
question have many of you had this bursitis ?

Comments

• Megrose489Megrose489 Posts: 738
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi, yes, I've got hip bursitis and, like you, I thought it was arthritis at first. I had an x-ray, but, again, like you, this showed mild arthritis only. It's really painful, isn't it? i have it in both sides, but one side is worse than the other. My GP gave me a steroid injection, but, unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have made much difference. It wasn't ultrasound guided. I'll be going back to see the doctor in a couple of weeks. I've had steroid injections in my hands before and they worked really well, so I think I've just been unlucky. I hope that your injection works well and you're soon pain free. Also, hope that the physio helps with your foot, too. Take care.

Meg
  • barbara12barbara12 Posts: 20,945 ✭✭
    Hello paulch
    I had injections for bursitis of the hip before I had it replaced, sadly they didnt work for me,there was another lady in at the time and she said it had made a big difference and was back for a second lot,like Meg I have had them in my hand and they worked brilliant
    So I suppose its one of those things you have to try..good luck I hope they help you.
    Love
    Barbara
  • trepolpentrepolpen Posts: 500
    one thing I found that helps with Bursitis of the hips is Difflam cream (benzydamine) , you will have to ask your GP for a prescription as dont think you can buy it over the counter in the UK .

its a NSAID GEL that works well on Muscle pain (myalgia) + Rheumatic pain. & Sprains, strains and sports injuries.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/aches-and-pains/medicines/difflam-cream.html
  • paulchpaulch Posts: 103
    :) Thanks for replies and advise saw physio weds and she could not do much for me as Bursitis was painfull also i got to see a different type of physiotherapist for the neuropathy loosing feeling in my left foot. She advised me to see doc for some meds for bursitis i will ask for that cream, as the waiting list for treatment is 4-6 weeks :roll: