I have had an unwelcome taste of the bad old days.

Options

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hope you enjoy your trout, DD, and the forthcoming Gold helps things improve for you.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,935
    Options
    Hello DD
    i hope you are feeling your normal self again.
    take care ((((((((DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I am baking a trout just to see if I can. :) DD

A trout which you caught at the supermarket, I presume. I hope it baked well. I love baked salmon fillet. Haven't had trout for ages. Come to think of it, I know a few old trouts. Hm... :?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I hope things ease up a little for you DD..just do what you have to do and no more...I am sure Mr DD wont mind one bit..(((()))) xxI see cherrybims is back so are we re opening the den :P
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The trout was blooming marvellous - I fear Mr DD won't see any of the three in the freezer but no matter because he ain't a great fan of trout. (Note to self, must tell him he isn't! :wink: )

Knee, ankle and toe pains are still at silly levels but there are more steps to be taken before I am awarded the golden bottom. :wink: My toes have cramped far too often today but why wouldn't they? Something is truly amiss but I am not sure what, which is disappointing after so many years of LWA. :| I cannot see why my hospital will have changed its 'three strikes at an anti-TNF and you're out' rule because they are still in debt, and gold is, apparently, relatively cheap. As am I. :shock: :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    relatively cheap. As am I.
    Because you are priceless DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh Daffy, thank you! :)

Things are worse so maybe they'll soon start improving. I am reading a gem of a book on my Kindle, it's called The Long Midnight of Barney Thomson (I'm laughing out loud on many occasions) and this morning I read a line which neatly sums up my prospects for the day.

He looked at his empty coffee cup, thought of the awfulness of the day ahead. It lay before him like a rotting cow on the pavement.

DD
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Very descriptive phrase but I do hope your day doesn't end up matching that description.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It already has. :lol: Is it only 8am? Ye gods. DD
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Oh DD :lol: "So things can only get better " :lol::lol: Off to get that book on my kindle ,Then to feed the horses well chucking about 30 apples and same in damsons ..stones removed into the fields at the bottom,Glad you enjoyed the lovely fish ,DD not to sure about the gold myself but heard very good things at the ruematology we always chat to each other about what we are on it is relatively cheap in comparison to the other stuff and 3 strikes and your out is daft :( rotten ifact it should be based on what can do most good there are some new anti TN F s comeing along all the time hope the day does get better Marrianne xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well, I've managed to get this far so I am now girding my loins (or griding my lions) to begin the dinner. I've warned him it will be very simple because it will: neat trout, roasted fennel, plain boiled spuds and sugar snap peas - not that colourful a meal but hopefully tasty. The thought of a Mug Shot starter followed by a Pot Noodle main course (all colourful) is very tempting but there is major technical hitch: we don't have any of either. :roll: DD
  • marrianne
    Options
    :lol:
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Well, I've managed to get this far so I am now girding my loins (or griding my lions) to begin the dinner. I've warned him it will be very simple because it will: neat trout, roasted fennel, plain boiled spuds and sugar snap peas - not that colourful a meal but hopefully tasty. The thought of a Mug Shot starter followed by a Pot Noodle main course (all colourful) is very tempting but there is major technical hitch: we don't have any of either. :roll: DD
    ....Oh DD ..Grind your Lions tomorrow :lol::lol: and stock up on the pot noodles selling extra big ones for the same price in L...L But think on its Friday tomorrow so trout again would be even better your tea sounds absolutely delicious xMarrianne xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've discovered that we've run out of balsamic vinegar which was due to be brushed over the fennel in addition to olive oil. I recall a finger-wagging lecture from him about writing on the chalk board when something has run out when he went to use something and it wasn't there - odd how he can't follow his sage advice. :roll:

More cocos to be swigged back now to help me through the evening. The pain in my knees and ankles is quite startling so I'm off to sit under a warm shower and see if that helps to ease matters. The trout and fennel are in the oven and should be OK for thirty minutes or so. I don't care if they're not. DD
  • marrianne
    Options
    O/H said last night he had brought me soy sauce ...oh lovely sez me stir fry this evening discovered he actualy brought me soya milk SO no dinner ALSO BOILED the apples for a crumble into liquid so no pudding :( .......no shower DD ...so of to bed with lemon and barley drink bumper bag of crisps and my kindle ............oh not forgetting the throbbing arm Marrianne xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    I am sure the fennel without the balsamic was just as nice as was the nice warm shower which hopefully has helped to ease the joints. Lets hope the cocos do there stuff and you manage a reasonable night. xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've brushed the slices with sherry vinegar so we'll see how things turn out! The shower was nice whilst it lasted but I'm dripping again now - he's in and there's only fifteen minutes to go to The Great British Trout-Off. :wink: DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I hope you enjoyed your meal. I'm guessing that, Mr DD being a bloke, it slid down swiftly with no real appreciation of what was filling the hole in his tum let alone whether or not balsamic featured :roll:
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    girding my loins (or griding my lions)
    or ringing your lidos - I've heard some folks find hydrotherapy helpful....
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Now that version of loin-girding I like! Thank you Daffy, I have been there and done that with hydro, it's fab when I'm in but, when gravity hits on the way out of the pool, all hell is let loose in my lower joints. :(

I'm treating myself: the heating is on. 8) Last night I rang a friend to sort out their coming round to No.10 in September and, somehow, found myself accepting an invitation for lunch today at our local. I must be barking but it's lovely to have the prospect of something to do today which is not housework-related! DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well, lunch was lovely but the payback not. The rollator is proving to be very useful indoors - not Hermione though as my knees won't bend sufficiently far for me to sit in her. Ho-hum, you win nothing and you lose more. :wink: DD
  • fortuna
    fortuna Member Posts: 149
    Options
    Well DD you may not be feeling wonderful but your humour and turn of phrase make us all smile, I am sure. I've had a few dead cows rotting in front of me recently but things have improved greatly over the last week or so.
    So here's to less dead carcases and more golden shots!
    Fortuna
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    The slump is still going on, my OA is complaining at the cold ends and starts to the days, my body temperature is still uncontrollable, my mobility is becoming further compromised, my temper uncertain, my positivity lacking, I am in right old state! :lol: Hey-ho, no matter, I'm off to meet a couple of friends this morning, then I have an appointment in Boots at 10 (the nice girl at Clinique is going to turn me into an even more stunning beauty than usual) and 'im indoors won't be in until 8.15pm which means a very lazy dinner for yours truly to cook. It's not all bad, is it? DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I have an appointment in Boots at 10 (the nice girl at Clinique is going to turn me into an even more stunning beauty than usual)

Please don't go orange.

But, if you do, can we have a pic?
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Make sure that lazy dinner contains a glass or two. I hope things look up soon, when might you get your golden bottom?
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Hope your make over goes well, it sounds like a lovely idea. I agree you then deserve a glass or two of wine, especially while things are tougher than usual for you.
    Hope you get "gold-plated" soon and that it does the trick
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich