I have had an unwelcome taste of the bad old days.

Options
13»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Alas, no golden bottom for me just yet. My last set of bloods were gorgeous (I'll ignore the pain, swelling and lack of movement in some useful joints then because 'the bloods say no') so the plan is to keep me on the humira and meth combo. I suppose it's doing something for the PsA but it's a shame I now need a wheelchair and a steady input of four cocos per day thanks to the OA and delay in new knees. Still, I can't have everything, can I? And why do I think I deserve it? :wink:

My appointment was OK - just a mini-facial because, for some reason, I have gone from very dry lizard skin to slightly oily. She put on a gel version of my usual Clinique moisturiser and it's OK. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    "Still, I can't have everything, can I? And why do I think I deserve it?"

Why? Because you DO deserve to have things better than they are.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I may deserve it, Slosh (don't we all? :lol: ) but it ain't gonna happen, and I am reconciled to that. So, to be more pro-active to help me through this new drop to a lower level I am upping the meds and their dosages, one slow-release trammy is going down the gullet thirty minutes after I've done the rest of me pills and the humira. We have to go to the GPs today for part two of the hypertension clinic which means he's working at home, which means I'm providing a constant supply of hot drinks and have to do a reasonable lunch so I need the extra oomph the trammy can give otherwise he may find his guts housing the bread knife. :D The rollator's indoors so that's helping the mobility if not the paintwork.

I need to adjust my standard of moderately grotty - it's time to drop it a notch or two and count my blessings which are a fair few. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    (((((()))))) Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I need to adjust my standard of moderately grotty - it's time to drop it a notch or two and count my blessings which are a fair few. DD

Good tactics. I assume the one who is currently in danger of sporting a breadknife is one of them :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright