Just wanted to say thank you

Options
2»

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    One thing to try is having your spouse speak up for you, ie he could say to your niece how much you would love to hold the baby but that you need a little help. Husbands can trained to tactfully stick up for us :D Mine is proof.

People seem to mistake what I can't do and my general quietness for some kind of bad mood or attitude. This is so annoying because it's the arthritis limiting my ability to interact and in no way a "mood" of any kind.

Thank you too, Slosh!
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Both of you...thanks for all the advice.
    Hubby did notice when he came back from the river and saw I was on my own...He thought someone else was there. so give him his due he did sit down.
    As for the baby....he didn't even notice that....he held it but unitl I mentioned it later he hadn't even noticed that I hadn't held the baby
    I don't know if a lot of it had anything to do with the fact that I was on a chair, and crutches were on the ground beside me??? They did see me up a couple of times but did they really realise because of the crutches on the ground? Oh I'm just making excuses.
    Love
    Hileena
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Situations like that are difficult to put it mildly!
    I must admit I bottled out of a recent BBQ at my church as apart from the arthritis thing I couldn't face the problems of selecting what I'd be able to eat once I'd ruled out anything spicy, anything crunchy or anything too dry!

Work was better today, nice chat with my very supportive Deputy Head, who reassured me about how I felt yesterday and reminded me it would take time to adjust and settle back in and not to rush but to take my time. Our IT technician who is not at all geeky, was also very understanding and sensitive.

Main problem was with my opposite number from the infants. She asked if I'd been able to get in one of the disabled spaces. When I said no she replied thst one car was her's and then added that she'd seen the finance officer get out of her car which was in the other space. Wasn't untilmI got home that I realised that even though one had been taken she still parked in the other space. If it happens again tomorrow I will have words with her.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Slosh
    Got to admit I haven't backed out of any church things yet because they are really understanding......not like the in-laws
    I'm a veggie so I either bring my own sausages or if its a buffett have to go past everything thinking is there meat or fish in that LOL
    Glad work was a bit better today.
    Hope you do have words with that other teacher

Love
    Eileen