Options
2»

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    cannot sustain a country on dreams and low income
    One could argue that until relatively recently that was precisely the way Scotland did exist, hence uprisings and rebellions, and clearances and emigrations.
    united queendom?
    It probably should be but sadly that term comes with rather too much baggage for many people I suspect!

At least I won't have to renew my passport in order to visit my sister...
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Scotland has set its own NHS budget for years and the Scottish NHS is hugely in debt so better not retire there, DD
    Is the English NHS in credit?
    In terms of care there is the split between NHS and Council/Social Services as in England. My mother had to wait to qualify for help with care home fees when she was moved to Scotland, as with anyone else who moved into the area, because Highland Council was struggling to balance the books for those already on its books, but the free NHS care(prescriptions etc) was available straight away. From talking to the care home staff it was evident that the same kind of to-ing and fro-ing exercise tales place up there between the 2 bodies as each tries to duck out of paying for an individual's needs as happens in England.