UPDATE ON CONSULTANTS APPOINTMENT TONIGHT.

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 15. Sep 2014, 03:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Well I saw him but not before he had sent me for X Rays.
He says its {hip and bone that's out of place} in exactly the same position as it was before...so no worse.
He is sending me for a day procedure in 2 weeks time....things are moving fast for a change :lol:
Basically its taking some fluid out of my hip to check for infection.
He cant see anything mechanical that's making it sorer than it was so wants to rule out infection.
He also said to self refer to the pain clinic again and see what they had to say about it. I haven't seen them since before the THR and don't think I'm likely to see them again. So he said self refer!
He also looked on the computer at my bloods vit D vit B12 etc etc......and said the Vit D had been very low and still wasn't normal....I said I went and asked for that to be checked. Otherwise I never would have known....GP never suggested it and was a bit surprised when I asked for it.
He dictated a letter while I was there and said he wanted all of those monitored regularly. They get done twice a year as it is so I suppose they could say that's regular :lol: but don't think that's what he meant.
I had also said apart from the pain that my legs felt heavy when I was walking and he asked a few questions....he said that is fatigue and that's why he wants all theses bloods monitored regularly.
Then came the height weight and BP......Blood Pressure was sky high so I have to make an appointment with the GP :roll:
Sorry this is a bit of a jumble but its late and I was in there for ages

Love
Hileena

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hileena thouught I would read this to save you putting it all in a pm..blimy that was a mixed bag, so is the hip not in place, sorry mi brain isnt functioning.. :? and he is checking for infection , so that is good, what a surprise that your vit d levals are so low, at least he is checking everything for you..has for the pain clinic ihope they can help, think I am right in saying you had a good one, whatever happens I hope they can help with that awful pain...at least you have now done your bit, I hope you get some sleep tonight, these late appointments can be so tiring xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    I was just about to pm you. It is a bit of a ramble isn't it LOL
    No the hip was never in place after I did that exercise. 4 weeks post op THR
    The fractured greater trochanter bone as far as I can see on the x ray is a bit broken off the top of the hip and it has moved up passed the socket.
    Those Vitamin D levels ...the only reason I got them done was because of the forum....I went and asked for it to be done...she was quite surprised and then discovered how low they were so has me on meds.
    Yes.....the doc at the pain clinic was very nice and very helpful.
    I don't think he was going to see me again but the consultant says self refer and just say Dr Coe was seeing you and you would like to see him again and there should be no problem.
    Hear you tomorrow
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    So, the wheels are in motion? Good :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi SW
    Yep the wheels are in motion but if I haven't got an infection {which I sincerely hope I don't} where is the extra pain coming from?
    Oh well maybe the pain clinic will have an idea when I self refer.
    First thing is to ring the GP and get her {not a nurse to see me about my BP} It was through the roof
    We'll see what happens from here LOL
    Love

Hileena
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    That sounds like quite an MOT. I hope it sets a solution in motion very soon. Hope the GP is good and I wonder if the pain and worry added to your BP?
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi LV
    I'm sure being in the hospital, waiting around, going for X Rays etc shot my BP up......it usually does go up when I'm in there. Even if I don't feel concerned its wonderful what your body does :lol:
    It was quite an MOT as you say

I've made an appointment to see the GP on Friday for BP.

I've got an appointment in 2 weeks to have fluid taken from the hip to make sure there isn't any infection....same consultant/surgeon

Got another appointment at the beginning of November with the pain clinic {I rang them this morning} to see what they say about the pain :lol:
    I think that's the lot for the minute
    Love
    Hileena
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Well things seem to be moving, you must be tired after yesterday so well done on getting those other appointments sorted out and I really hope something positive comes out of them in terms of reducing your pain. I must admit to being lucky and never having bigh blood pressure, even when taking it before my op they repeated it, not because it was high but because it was low and they thought they had done it wrongly!

Hope it's lower when your GP checks it.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Slosh
    Thanks....I do have slightly high blood pressure at the moment but it is controlled by one tablet a day so it shouldn't have been like that...Oh well...we'll see what is in the GP's surgery.
    I do hope they can do something to ease the pain

Love
    Hileena
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Hileena
    Sorry to hear you are still having pain from your THR side. I really hope that they do not find any signs of infection, but am glad they are taking you seriously about the pain and are looking into it thoroughly.
    Take care x
    NB
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks NB
    Yes its good he's not dismissing it isn't it
    I mentioned about sleeping....how when I slept on L side it was really sore {Fracture} when I slept on the other side I woke up with my shoulder, arm and hand sore.He said you sleep whatever way you find comfortable.....just don't hang from the ceiling :lol:
    So the only other way I can think is on my back.....I find that when I lie on my back my throat {not my mouth} dries up and I start choking......doesn't leave many ways does it?
    Then I suddenly thought....When I'm downstairs, watching TV I might put my V shape pillow against the arm of the settee and the back and I snuggle into the corner....half up half down....usually fall asleep and don't see my programme :lol:
    So tonight I've brought my duvet down and am going to give that a try....wish me luck
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I apologise for my late response but things aren't too good in Daisy World at the moment. That sounds like a good appointment to me, it was certainly through, and some thoughts have occurred but as you know I'm not a doc. :wink:

1. The extra pain - if you have a piece of bone floating around that could be the cause, yes?

2. The blood pressure - constant pain and discomfort are not soothing companions and it may well be that for the foreseeable future, until this hip is properly sorted, an extra tablet may be required to help reduce it to better levels. I am on two tabs, my BP rose due to the humira but mine is OK, it was checked yesterday at 140/80 which was deemed good.

3. Another aspect to the raised BP - lack of comfortable sleep. I hope your experiment of last night worked and you had a better night. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    I'm sorry.......you're not having a good time???
    It was a good and thorough appointment
    Well the bone floating around isn't floating :lol:
    That's the one thing he checked......its moved from the bone but I had an X Ray in Feb, June and this appointment and it hasn't moved any further......apparently {and it looks it} its exactly the same. :?
    So that's why he wants the fluid withdrawal to rule out infection :?
    As for BP....well its fairly normal with one tablet....moves a bit but not a lot. 10/80 sounds good.....I agree, pain discomfort actually being in the hospital that evening is enough to shoot it up.....Seeing the doc tomorrow to have it checked and see what she thinks.
    Did I tell you that I was put on the dreadfull AA again!!! the stuff we loved !!! Anyway it wasn't agreeing with me so the GP has given me Risondrate....same family and sent me for a full dental check {had that done this morning} before starting it.
    Wonderful isn't it !!!!
    Back to the BP.....I alwayus got the impression that once you were on a BP tablet you never came off it again which is why if possible I don't want a second one :(
    My experiment didn't work :lol: Woke up in the middle of the night with a stiff neck so got his nibs wakened to help take the duvet upstairs again and I finished the night off in bed and that's where I was last night...Oh well...you've got to try these things :wink:
    A duvet and 2 crutches.....I thought about trying to get it upstairs but decided it wasn't possible :lol: As the consultant said...safety first......you get no brownie points for trying to be brave
    Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    ATTENTION DD !!!
    The four on my keyboard isn't working all the time.....look at your blood pressure :lol:
    You wouldn't be standing :lol: One hundred and forty over 80 sounds a lot better !!!
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I worked that out so there's no need to fret, my lovely.

I am sorry that the sleeping experiment didn't work but fundamentally sofas are not designed for a sound night's sleep unless one is paralytic thanks to alcohol (which is so not you) or if one is very young (which is so not us). I don't know if one can drop a BP tablet or two because I've never had that luxury but who knows? It might happen.

I am thankful that I can now sleep on the ground floor - I enjoyed having operations when at the old house because we turned the dining room into a bedroom which matched the ground floor bathroom - now we have the best of both worlds but even so that is not wonderful because things are worse than they used to be.

We don't lead comfy lives, far from it. :( I honestly cannot remember if you told me about the AA etc. but hopefully the risondrate will be better for you. And yes, my life is currently not that easy, I am now using the rollator indoors, our new shower (meant to make life easier for me) isn't working properly because it is not fit for purpose (thanks to a pathetic degree of overall water pressure) and my useful leg joints are protesting to a very unwelcome degree. If I had the energy I would care. :lol: DD
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    You are right about sofas.....but it was worth a try.
    I thought things were great because you didn't have all the stairs to climb that you used to....sorry
    I don't know if I told you about the AA...I do remember both of use taking it one time {always on a Sunday LOL} and neither of us liked it :roll: Lets hope this one works.
    Aww pet ...using the rollator indoors? I cant use mine at all now....I need something to put weight on because of this fracture and the weight I put on one side makes my arm very sore and I come to a stop. So crutches it is.
    Are you still driving OK?
    What do you take in the car with you?
    Sorry to hear about the shower.....especially after getting a new one fitted
    Love
    Hileena :wink:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Life is brilliant without the stairs - if we were still in the old house I would now be confined to the ground floor so I am very pleased we moved, but, as we all know, arthritis is a degenerative and progressive disease and that's what mine are currently doing, degenerating and progressing. :) I am still driving, and permanently in the car are two crutches, the rollator and Hermione so I have the choice of which aids to use. I may now get a cheap rolly for indoors because lugging it in and out of Beatrice is getting harder. :roll: The shower is very disappointing, basically it is not fit for purpose and I think we have been failed by the people who supplied the kit. I'm not using it at the moment, I don't like the frequent bouts of cold water when the processor gives up the ghost. Mr DD is persevering.

I was researching scooters before we went away in August, I must get back on that now. Mind you, we also need a new artificial Christmas tree - much more fun researching that! DD
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    Yes it as a degenerative and progressive disease and we have to accept that as best we can.
    I'm sorry your suffering.
    What would we do without the car? :lol: I cant walk very far but at least I can drive then get the crutches out.
    How do you fit everything into the car....if they live there LOL
    Although saying that the Pixo is smaller inside than the Micra was. I have less storage room and a smaller boot etc. Be thankful that you have a care Hileena !!!! :wink:
    My back complains when I have to haul the rollator in and out of the car but as I said I cant use it at the moment so that's not a problem. Use my Pink and Black crutches or if I'm going to be long hire a scooter.
    I can understand how disappointed you must be with the shower.
    So its a choice between researching scooters and researching Christmas Trees :lol:
    Are you still going to put all you twinkly lights up etc on crutches or whatever???
    Think about that as well....you might need more now....it was only the crutches before wasn't it? :lol:
    Oh yes....back from the docs this morning.......BP was 190/100 in the hospital and she told me to go and see the GP not a nurse because my tablets would need changing.
    Today.....135/85 :lol::lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

I`m just catching up with your news, having arrived back last night after ten days in sunny Portugal.
    I`m glad something is being done for you to try and improve things, and I hope your BP settles down to a nice, safe reading.
    Tezz x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Tezz
    I hope you had a great holiday......I'm sure you did
    The BP reading this morning was as normal as it ever is for me so things are fine on that front.
    What about you?
    I'm sure the heat helped
    Love
    Hileena
  • theresak
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

I'm not too bad thanks - enjoyed the sun and some gentle swimming. I have an appointment with the oral medicine consultant on Tuesday : my dentist referred me as I had a piece of bone break through my gum, causing infections, which meant I couldn't take my RA meds. I thought it was a wisdom tooth eruption, which has happened in the past, but dentist said it was definitely bone. I should know one way or the other on Tuesday!

Tezz x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Tezz
    That sounds nasty.
    Especially if you cant take your RA meds.

Wisdom tooth....what on earth made you think it was that :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry....we've known each other long enough to say things like that haven't we??
    Seriously it must be sore.
    Good Luck on Tuesday.
    I had a dentist appointment before I started taking osteoporosis tablets {last week} he discovered two that needed filling.....I'm terrified of the dentist....even the noise of the drill. :roll:
    Keep us up to date on what happens
    Glad you had a good holiday
    Love
    Hileena
  • theresak
    Options
    Wisdom tooth lol! :P Thanks for the good luck wishes - not looking forward to the appointment!

Tezz x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Beatrice is a Citroen C3 Picasso so she has plenty of room for all me bits if kit. It's a very upright, rectangular body (unlike my sagging rotund body) and everything fits in quite neatly. Hermione is stashed behind the driver's seat (her wheels are in the boot), the rolly along the back seat with the crutches.

I need a nap, I'm off to bed. We went into town earlier and that has finished me off. :oops: DD
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    You seem to have things well sorted in Beatrice :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    That's the only place where things are sorted. :oops: My lower back is playing up today, the house is chaotic with laundry awaiting attention, dust is gathering, the fridge is unpleasant . . . . . ye gods. Defeated before I've begun! :lol: DD