Crying, crying, crying.

Options
2»

Comments

• fortuna
    fortuna Member Posts: 149
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    i think everyone with RA or/and OA should have a PJ day about once every 10 days! :D:D:D
    I do and it does help though easier for me without a man around who probably wouldn't understand the need!
    Fortuna
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    At the moment I am having a PJ day every Saturday to recharge after the working week. I agree about OHs not understanding, I got very annoyed with mine when he referred to it as a "lazy day", I tried to make him see it's not a choice to just be lazy but more about self management. I've also learnt not to feel guilty about it.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Happy New Year from me, too, Sophie :D

I think, as usual, you have come up with a good plan.

Fortuna - please no :shock: I hate being in nightwear unless I'm going to bed. It makes me feel ill :lol: And I hate being in bed unless it's night-time. Too nosy by far :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh Slosh, spot the bloke. :roll: My arthritis began a couple of months before we married so Mr DD has had years to adjust to the sight of me lolling around in my nightwear. In relation to the Spoon Theory there are days when I have the minimal amount of spoons available - why waste one or more on dressing when I'm not going anywhere? :? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I don't really do PJ days but I definitely do comfy tracksuit days. Today was one of those days. I did drag myself to the gym and lasted 7 minutes on the treadmill before I got a sharp pain. I climbed off the machine in the most unladylike way and managed to smash the screen of my iPod touch in the process. :shock: I returned to bed for 3 hours and feel no less headachey, sore and tired. It will be a quiet evening, I think.
  • fortuna
    fortuna Member Posts: 149
    Options
    Sw I think it's pure luxury to spend the day in my P's. :lol: Jusr hpe no-one knocks at the door
    DD as yyou can see I'm with you :D
    Off too bed now
    F
  • JamesFoote
    JamesFoote Member Posts: 86
    Options
    I feel for you it is not easy hacking a bad day

Life can be so unfair sometimes

James
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I'm so sorry about the i-pad. Insult to injury methinks. Well done for trying, Sophie, but maybe there is a time for exercise and a time for resting. I hope you managed the latter today.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am past caring what people think when they knock on the door and find me in my PJs or nightie. On some days it requires too many spoons to get dressed, I need to conserve my dwindling stock of that flatware for other, more necessary tasks such as cooking and housework. I also spend at least twelve hours a day on my own (if I'm at not going out) so why bother getting dressed? I will today, however, because I fancy lunch out.

Hello Sophie, how are things going now? I hope you are feeling better in yourself. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben