Wipe-out Wednesday.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 21. Oct 2014, 16:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've had one of those days. :roll: We had a lovely weekend away on the East Coast then drove home (in separate cars) on Monday in appalling weather. Then yesterday very many things happened at times to suit others (who could all do a Tuesday) but not necessarily me (who knows that Tuesdays can be busy but - occasionally - forgets about the delicate skills of pacing :wink: ) so today has been Wipe-out Wednesday. I suspect tomorrow will be Torrid Thursday followed by Frightful Friday. :wink:

I am now dithering about my meth, I have a sore throat which hangs around for a few hours, disappears for a few then returns: seeing as how it began about two hours after my last meth jab I think I'll give it a miss and the humira too. I have also had more catarrh than usual but again on an intermittent basis - am I bugged or not? Who knows! :lol: This is one of those evenings when I wish I only had OA on my plate, I far prefer its honesty. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi DD
    Sorry you are feeling so grotty
    I'm not much better and I have a volunteer drop in tomorrow for arthritis care :( Its a flu day so will be mad. Normally I would try to get out of this one but since I arranged this one cant do that :oops:
    So I think my Friday will be like you think yours will be.
    Good luck
    Love
    Hileena
  • Hips12
    Hips12 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon dreamdaisy.
    Lovely to go away but it does take it out of us, and busy times are especially debilitating.
    I always take a rest day to recover, as my sleeping at bedtime is touch and go when I have a flare up anyway so I need to make sure I rest.
    I hope things improve for you in a few days.

Hips x
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Sorry to hear that DD. Hope you're not going down with anything nasty, that's all you need. Keeping fingers crossed your sore throat doesn't amount to anything.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Sorry you're not feeling too good, DD. I think it's probably wise to give humira a miss in the circumstances. I get really peeved when I have to miss it, as I think of it as the precious fuel I need to keep me going.

Hope you feel better soon - it seems like we always have to pay for any pleasures we have, such as weekends away, trips out etc.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I guess we're all very familiar with the process of payback but there was no reason for it as the weekend was one blissful, long laze around. I have come to the conclusion that I am definitely bugged so no meth or humira for me this week, which is no big deal on any front as the benefit from either is now virtually intangible. I will force myself out later to buy some fresh oranges - my body wants the juice so I know I'm properly poorly as opposed to merely arthritis-affected. :lol: DD
  • kirst74
    kirst74 Member Posts: 72
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon :) xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Rest up, use the new juicer and listen to your body. If necessary, tell it to shut up :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hope the juice helps. Rest and take care of you.
    (((())))
    Numpty
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I had to go further afield than intended as a local store was closed due to a power cut. After five minutes trolley-shoving in an orange-themed supermarket I was as limp as a six-week old lettuce leaf. I have had numerous cups of tea and two fresh oranges which have helped to ease the throat. I should unpack the juicer but I lack the required oooomph - what little I have must be conserved for doing dinner tonight. If anyone could spare a couple of small spoons I would be very grateful and will repay when I can. DD
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Handing you my ladle - hope you feel better and less wilted soon ((((((((()))))))))
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Here are three spoons--o--o--o. Hope you feel better soon.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you, kind ladies, I appreciate the gesture! Curiously I find myself in the odd position of feeling as though I am recovering when I actually haven't been ill. :? Do you know what I mean? I think 'Oh, I can do that,' then within three minutes I'm discovering I can't. :( I'm creating a new dinner tonight, a very simple one it must be said, but it's taken some time to 'task and complete'. It's in the oven now so Stage One is done and I have just had a text telling me he's only just left. :roll: I'll go and turn off the oven. DD
  • Slosh
    Options
    I have a couple of large tablespoons to add to your collection. Hope your new menu was a success.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    So, today are you 'in recovery' or in the middle of things? You may have all my spoons as my current problems are self-inflicted :oops: Have some of these too. (((())))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I don't where I am - still have a scratchy throat, still hurt all over and am stiff from head-to-toe (but that ain't unusual :lol: ) and have zilch energy (also not unusual) but am doing housewifely stuff because I have to. :roll: Mr DD is working at home today and has made me two cups of tea, which was lovely, but I'm off now to do another and one for him.

The new dinner? Despite the cooking delay is was an outrageous success! I'll put the recipe on Chit-Chat later on, if you like fish then I reckon you'll love this, it's called Cod Boulangere. DD
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I'm so sorry your suffering DD, sounds like the flu bug I had not so long ago. I like the name Wipe-out Wednesday! That's defiantly how I felt Wednesday! I hope this bug clears soon for you, try and give yourself as much rest as you can, hope you feel better soon.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's nothing like 'flu, Bubba, I know that for sure. It's a straightforward ordinary bug but, with a triple-suppressed immune system it's had some time to get a hold and it has. No matter, I've managed a shower and three loads of laundry, cooking lunch and washing up. Flog on, Daisy, onwards, sideways and slightly in reverse! :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am pleased to report that things are slightly on the up: I did some ironing this morning, then this afternoon I managed a short walk to the local garden centre to replace the fat balls for the feeder outside the kitchen window (it didn't take our squirrel long to find it!)

It's 17.52 and getting dark. :( DD
  • Slosh
    Options
    Glad to hear that DD. Hope the upwards climb continues.
    Julian of Norwich
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Glad to hear you getting a bit better now

Love
    Hileena
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Good news. Best to pick up the short-lived bugs, if only we could choose. There's a doozy of a 'flu bug hitting us over here in Canada. It's early for the flu but at least it's a strain included in the shot this year.

I've never made a fish dish like the one you recommended. OH likes fish crisp and extremely spiced. At least I can easily manage the overdone part :lol:

Onwards with feeling better DD!
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well, Frightful Friday turned into Soggy and Saggy Saturday (I went for a short walk, got soggy with the effort, came home and sagged on the sofa) and today is Spluttery Sunday. I am feeling better in myself (I have worked out what happened, I caught a chill last Monday after loading Bea in the rain - it was wetter rain than I thought) and today has been one of much throat-clearing and trying to cough up stuff which feels as though it's there but, apparently, isn't. :? Hey-ho, at least he's cooking again tonight - hurrah! DD
  • Slosh
    Options
    Hope tomorrow is the start of a better week for you.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'm back to the dizzy heights of moderately grotty! :D I'm sitting here waiting for my meths sharps to be collected - why oh why they can't take it when the drug is delivered I do not know. HaH manage that with humira so why can't Alcura? :roll: DD
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Moderately grotty sounds like a microscopic improvement.

I had to fight to get Alcura to take my sharps bins at all - they tried to get me to dispose of them at first.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter