Wipe-out Wednesday.

Options
2»

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's good to hear. Take it easy though and don't overdo things. Hope it means this is the start of a better week.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Now that's a thought, LV, I could far more easily drop it off at the chemists - I'll explore that avenue.

Slosh? I will be cautious, I promise. Once the sharps has gone I plan a short trip to a local nursery to buy my breakfast eggs and that will be that until I cook tonight. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hello DD
    you take care you have a rest and take things steady.
    ((((((((DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am resting now, Joan, I promise. I ended up having an interesting morning which culminated in my buying a ring which is heart-achingly alike to my late Ma's engagement ring. It was stolen from her a few years ago, after one of her pilgrimages to Ipswich. She had it in her handbag, in its original box, and the burglars found that and all my late Pa's wedding rings (they were married for 57 years and often bought new rings for each other on landmark anniversaries. Each new set of rings was blessed by the local curate in residence at the time of purchase). I've known of its existence since early May but as the jewellers is closing (it's run by a friend and they have a sale :wink: ) I decided that if I didn't get it now and someone else bought it I would be very upset. Now I am 'nicely' upset which makes a big difference.

Mr DD has put in his order for dinner which - hurrah! - includes roast parsnip: I can't wait! I adore parsnip, I am still moderately grotty and I have a new small sparkler of a ring. Life is, oddly, good enough for yours truly. DD
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Moderately grotty, a sparkling new ring and something you love for dinner sounds good. Enjoy your ring, so glad you found it.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hello DD
    i'm pleased you got that ring it would make you so sad if it went to some one else.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello Joan, I've worn it all day and it was comforting. Today should have been her 91st birthday. On the 29th my Pa would have been 94 and the day after his Ma the same.

October is not an easy month for me, especially when one factors in a paper tax return. :(

DD
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Aww DD I'm sorry......I know we will all have to go through that at some time or other.....My mam is 91 will be 92 in March :?
    Never sure when or if I'll see her again with her being in Northern Ireland. We do try to go over as often as possible.
    I remember all the birthdays coming at once.
    Hope you have some sort of a treat lined up for yourself.......we need those now and again :wink:
    Love
    Hileena