2»

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Phee
    I like your rewards :lol: Its a good idea
    I've had arthritis in a lot of places for a long time and 2 THR's and then Kypho scoliosis among others so I've got used to doing things in a different way..... :wink:
    Somehow the crutch seems such a hindrance.......but I'll learn to cope.
    Love
    Hileena
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Hi Hileena;

Sorry about the non-healed fracture. Hoping you can be close to pain free eventually. ((((((())))))))
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    I'll be happy if it eases the pain in the fracture.....the other pains I'm used to by now.
    It will mean I can walk further {with crutches} do more exercises etc eventually
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Polish? Wassat? :wink: If I decide (once in a blue moon) that the sitting room side tables need a dose then I shove the very light footstool around so I can sit, spray and wipe. I dislike spray polish but it's the only way now that I can manage. It comes into its own in the winter, however, a quick squirt on a radiator and the house smells as though I have been very industrious. :D

I am more than happy for anyone to adopt and adapt my suggestions. It has crossed my mind how expensive being disabled can be, the amount of household gear I've had to change and amass is astonishing. :roll: As Mr DD is still working (and out of the house for a minimum of twelve hours every day) then I don't like asking him to do things which, with some determination, a couple of cocos and some naughty words I can do (the how is immaterial!) It's always worth rereading through the sticky at the top of this board. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    With Peter retired.....its harder in a way.....he has taken over a lot of things. He bought a modern coffee table......but its black glass and is horrendous for collecting dust. I {after quite a long fight}have managed to get him to take it to pieces again {I couldn't...its so heavy} and put in in its box in the garage :roll: I got out the original coffee table which is smaller and is wood. I can work my way round it with crutches better than the other monstrosity :lol: I could do with a new one. :?
    Never thought of it on radiators......good idea :lol:
    Because MR DD is working and away the house is yours to do what you like with.....I remember those days :lol: but on the other hand I get more help with him being retired even if it isn't great :lol:
    So its not MY house to do what I want with or buy what I want anymore.
    That sticky........I remember it being started and I do go back to it now and again.....but haven't for a little while so I must check it out again
    I think one of the first ones was the plastic bag on the seat to swivel on :wink:
    Got to pick a friend up and take her to coffee this morning...I usually help there {the best I can} then home and its the hairdressers, then yoga at 1.30 so it will be this afternoonevening before I get a chance to look but I will
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Retirement is a tough time for both spouses - the woman suddenly loses her domain and he may start 'interfering' with matters which were never his concern. Mind you, it is good that he does help, two of you live there and both contribute towards the necessary cleaning etc. Seriously, try the polish on the radiator, my MIL taught me that one, plus always dust your skirting boards (where visible) and no-one will notice other dust. (It's true, they don't.) 'Tis true, DD is a slovenly woman. :wink: DD
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks DD
    I do like your tips :lol:

Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It also helps if one can be (and is adjusted to being) somewhat 'relaxed' in the matters concerning housekeeping. Shirley Conran once remarked that 'Life is too short to stuff a mushroom.' So true. It's also too short to miss out on the better things of life due to the 'demands' of the things that really don't matter. DD
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    DD you are a woman after my own heart when it comes to housework
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD and Slosh
    Slosh I so agree with that........DD yes....thank goodness I'm not overly house proud. Not slovenly and the house is never dirty.....but dusty yes!!! and untidy yes until I realise someone is coming over and then I go mad.....I know I know...I'm the one that tells people to pace themselves.....Do as I say not as I do :lol:
    I learn to cope with these stupid things :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am hopelessly untidy, Mr DD is a neat-freak. I don't know how he tolerates my sprawls of clothes, books, newspapers, magazines, ironing etc. but I do manage to not invade his bathroom / dressing room, well, not that often. :wink:

'My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.' Irma Bombeck. DD
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Love that quote, DD. We occasionally have a friend to stay and Mr Megrose will ask, "Oh, is Jean coming?", when he sees me get the vacuum cleaner and duster out. I agree, there are other things far more important than housework.