Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Please may I interpret that last post?

Things are hard work = things are very tough
    thoroughly washed out = totally cream crackered
    The back and neck are not at all happy = the back and neck are extremely unhappy
    things could be worse = things could be much, much better.

How am I doing? No. No need to answer but thank you for your determined upbeatness, daffy. It helps more than just you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Well I don't look quite so bashed up now - currently modelling the jaded and jaundiced look as the bruising has spread downwards to cover my right cheek and jaw and over the ear, with subtle plum brushstrokes in the eye area rather than full on goth. The tiresome thing is that the current bruising is painful, and because there is swelling as well my specs are pressing on the tender bits. I have a choice of seeing and hurting, or not seeing and just feeling uncomfortable - until of course I bump into something....
    Sticky your interpretation was correct, but I'm no Pollyanna. I just can't afford to be too negative else I'll sink into a morass I would struggle to get myself out of. Writing down the 'better' scenario is much more effective than just telling myself, and helps to block the 'what ifs' which are quite frightening.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've had another rough day so cannot gauge how to reply without sounding ridiculous. :oops: Bruises can take some time to heal - I can still see the evidence of a fall I had a couple of months ago but I do understand the morass place; we're here for you and always will be, end of. You may be on your own but you're not alone. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Ah, I was right. I'm good at translating and I quite understand your perspective. And approve. It's not so much a matter of fooling others as of fooling oneself.

The glasses thing must be ultra-annoying and, presumably, has to be decided on an ad hoc basis. It sounds as if you are currently sporting an Andy Warhol look but just a few decades too late. Such is arthritic life. KBO, daffy.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright