numbness/loss of feeling

Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,424
edited 26. Oct 2014, 13:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Morning all.
Do any other OA people get a numbness or loss of feeling around their joints? This has been going on a while and includes my hip and knee. No pain associated with this loss of feeling other than the usual OA stuff. My doctor asked if I had it but we didn't have time to say more.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,274
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello airwaves the only numbness I get from my OA is in my foot , this is coming from a couple of disc in my back, have you got OA in your spine or pain, it might be worth getting checked out.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 26,917
    I think you should go back to the GOP, Airwave. It might be something or nothing but should be investigated.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Have to agree, go to GP and explain as he might want to send you for an MRI
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,424
    My GP is not pro activ in this respect, he says any further investigation of my aches and pains won't change the way he treats me (painkillers-yuk!!!). Yes I do get a lot of pain in my back, as I do all over.

Hail the two minute GP visit!!! March em in and march em out........ no decision needed!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,274
    this is my GP, but one day I had enough, so I just walked in there and made sure he listened..you have to get across how worried you are about the numbness, and make sure they listen , don't forget they get paid very well for looking after your health..
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 26,917
    But this isn't an ache or pain. Airwave. Numbness can mean that the nerve endings are being compromised. I think you really should see your GP. If the GP is not pro-active then you must be. It's your body.
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Hi, I have some numbness in my right knee but this is because I have had a partial replacement. I knew when I agreed to the op that this could happen. Just a shame that my numbness is only on the skin and not affecting the natural part of the joint that's left. Never mind.

I agree with the others - GP needs to be seen.

Good luck.
    GraceB

Who's Online

TicketyBoo
TicketyBoo
Tigerfeet
Tigerfeet
+4 Guests