Has Anyone Else Had a Rubbish Day?

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 8. Nov 2014, 12:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
Mine has been tough going since the early hours. I woke after the usual short doze to the sound of the rain hitting the windows with some force which continued for some time (and on and off throughout the day). Mr DD had a lie-in but most unexpectedly (and wonderfully) brought me a cup of tea before he left at 8 am. I managed to get out of bed and launch (for want of a better word) myself into my day but the joints have been foul, my left shoulder has made its presence felt, the breathing tough, the lights have been on for most of the day due to inclement weather and, all-in-all, it's been a bit of a gloom-fest. :(

For me November is the most depressing month of the year. The clocks have gone back, the days are shorter, the weather is usually abysmal - it's a non-month. Roll on December! DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Do you know the Thomas Hood poem November? It captures the month perfectly. For once it'd been right nice up north and it's been blue skies and crispy leaves which makes the worst joints feel happier. I'll send some your way (((((())))))
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Had a fairly rubbish day as well, disappointing after I'd been good and made sure I was well rested. Think it's partly as I'm starting to get very worried and anxious about my neurology appointment in two weeks time and it was a very wet and miserable day here as well.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Me too no sleep what so ever last night this dipping malarkey not very good but you gotta take the rough with the smooth. ((((())))) to all that have had a rubbish day xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Hi DD,

Sorry your day's been rubbish.

I've got a cold at the moment, so something to add to the usual aches, pains and worry. I managed to meet a deadline, but it was a bit later in the day than anticipated and afterwards I felt too tired to start my new project. I might invest in a SAD lamp – or just increase my chocolate intake to boost my energy levels, such as they are :lol:

Hope tomorrow is better for all,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD
    Sorry you are having a rubbish day......I so agree with you about November. Hate it.....hate the winter full stop :(
    The weather isn't bad here.....last week we had an awful day where the lights were on all day and I had to go to an Arthritis Care Committee meeting and it was even blacker {if that's possible} when I came out and the rain was pelting down.
    They are doing road works on the A1 and will be for some more months to come.......they had changed the cones since I had been that way a couple of weeks ago so the drive home was awful.
    My joints play up in this weather as well.
    Love
    Hileena
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Not good for me either for numerous reasons. I nearly had delight of being checked over by paramedics as I all but collapsed this morning. Won't depress you with whats going on with me though, suffice to say not in a good place at all.
    I hate February myself. Hope tomorrow is better for you.
    Take care. GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I mostly had an OK day, more or less getting over a busy weekend as it was hubby's birthday yesterday, so family visiting.

I'm not a November fan either - I think we should have the option of hibernating in winter : I think I'd quite fancy that.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow, DD.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hope you have a better day today DD xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning everyone, I read that I wasn't alone yesterday - my thoughts go out to you all. This morning is off to a slightly better start in that there is more than a hint of daylight and even the odd streak of pale blue sky.

Something else apart from the weather is brightening my morning, I have a beautiful tree in my garden, a seven feet tall silver metal tree made by my friend N and delivered by him yesterday evening (in the rainy dark). We managed to squeeze it through the gate and then it was unceremoniously plonked on the lawn. It will be replonked here-and-there this morning until I find the best place for it. It is shimmering with rain drops and looks beautiful - luckily Mr DD likes it too!

I hope we all have better days today, the weather does influence us in a variety of ways, we all know that sunshine is one of the better medicines but it can be lacking in both quality and quantity during the gloomy months of autumn and winter. DD
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    A silver tree sounds magic and has even made the rain look prettier! Good news, all blue skies here so I hope you get some down with you (((((())))))
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I'm pleased today has started better, if only weatherwise.

The tree sounds delightful and, if it shimmers with raindrops, ideally suited to English conditions :wink: I wonder what it'll be like in hoar frost. Could be magical.

I don't mind November. I just wish there were more of it. Suddenly it's December and things get frantic :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    The tree sounds lovely DD - I like trees, though I`m not a tree-hugger. We have a beautiful flagpole cherry tree in our back garden, planted when Mam died almost 16 years ago, and a rather splendid acer planted for dad.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hello DD
    sorry about yesterday i hope you have a good day to day.
    thinking of you
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Glad to see that things have improved for you DD..I dont like November..but must say the weather has been very kind to us in the North...such a shame we have the long nights..the silver tree sounds lovely..would love to see a pic...
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    That tree sounds magical, are you going to put lights on for Christmas. Glad things were better for you today.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It will indeed be lit for Christmas, courtesy of battery-operated LED lights. :) I don't have a clue how to do pics, I have no techie knowledge whatsoever, but if you do then PM me and I will email you a pic for you to do on my behalf. It is very striking.

Today has been a much brighter day because I have found the right Christmas tree for No.10. :D Mr DD accepted long ago that my take on Christmas is very different to his but he did remark that he missed the tree last year; I didn't have the heart to do it after Ma's death and our moving. This year will be very different. DD
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Hi again, DD,

I'm glad you had a better day :)

That tree sounds stunning. I love nature in general and all sorts of sculpture and art. Well done for finding a Christmas tree too :)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Ye gods, it's been yet another grim day. The heating and the lights have been on since 7am thanks to on-going murk and general drizzle. YUK.

At least the fireworks I can hear are proper ones. I hope I won't be hearing more tomorrow, my temper may slip. DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Go north, young woman. We've had blue skies and sunshine though distinctly cooler. I hope tomorrow is better for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi DD, I agree November is a dismal month! What with feeling yuk anyway and of course you have to start thinking about Christmas presents. My Brain really does not want to know. I woke up at 5am this morning with a grizzly back and couldn't get back to sleep so lay there thinking about Christmas presents for people! Had a few good idea's so going to get started this morning.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I cracked the secret of Christmas years ago, Bubba, cards and paper are bought in the January sales and the present-thinking begins around February. The majority of mine is done, now it's just the wrapping etc. which has to be done in December because it feels right! I know that my physical resources are limited so it makes sense to spread them. I hope you have made a start and sorted at least three tricky gifts! :)

It was sunny for most of the day here and that does make a difference to my mood and ability to get on with things. Today I bought my new fake tree and 900 lights. Yup, 900 - well it's the tallest tree I've ever had. :wink: Feel free to guess the height! :lol: DD
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    In the North today........lights have been on all day.....rubbish day
    What sort of day did you have Sticky? {weatherwise}

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Today I bought my new fake tree and 900 lights. Yup, 900 - well it's the tallest tree I've ever had. :wink: Feel free to guess the height! :lol: DD

2' :wink:

Duller her today, Hileena but dry. Lights on normal time.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Sticky
    That's good :wink:
    Its been weird here......sometimes pouring and other times just dark.....then the heavens suddenly open again......each time I'm heading out naturally :roll:
    Went to the gym at 12 today.....as I was leaving the house....started raining, heaving it down when I came out.

Oh well......November......like some of us said is an awful month :(
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Nearly right, Sticky, it's a little shorter. :wink: The heavens are opening here this morning, lights on and bones creaking like mad. I am donning my mac to go to the garage to get some fish for breakfast; no, we don't have a tank there, just the spare freezer. :wink: Today is going to be a stinker. :x DD