Milwaukee Shoulder Syndrome

Options
elnafinn
elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
edited 24. Apr 2015, 04:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi one and all :-D

Anyone heard of the above syndrome? I have been diagnosed with this unfortunately. I shall more than likely be having a shoulder replacement in the new year.

I have had trouble with my shoulder for years - massive rotator cuff tear problems - and was trying to wait at least until I was 70 years old to have a major op on it. Due to the rapid deterioration of the shoulder due to this syndrome I can no longer wait or my options may well run out.

Hey ho! Just thought I would share this with you. :) It is rare so I shall not be at all surprised if no one has ever heard of or been diagnosed with this. Just as well really.

Elna
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Haven't heard off it but hope you don't have to wait too long for the surgery and that it goes well.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh Elna, I am so sorry to read your news. I've never heard of this but I hope the surgery goes well and brings about an end to all your shoulder woes. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Sorry, Elna, I've not heard of this at all (though the name is intriguing). You will be a - probably somewhat reluctant :roll: - trailblazer for the forum :) My shoulders don't have much movement but, back in the day, it was simply deemed part and parcel of arthritis. If yours can be fixed that is very good news indeed and I hope all goes well. I know you will do all in your power to make things work well. Good luck :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Elna..what a name that is, sorry I cant help..I know you have had a lot of pain with that shoulder, and to get you on here asking for help is very rare, I really will have everything crossed that the op goes fine and ..hopefully the pain will be a thing of the past xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Elna
    No ....like everyone else.....never heard of that.
    I'm so sorry that you have to have an operation but I hope it happens soon and goes well
    Keep us updated please
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I couldn't help myself, I went to Wikipaedia: crikey Elna, you do things in some style don't you? :wink: It sounds utterly horrible but as usual you are being stoic and just getting on with things. Please keep us updated so we know how things are. I am thinking of you. DD
  • barbara12
    Options
    Same here DD I couldn't help myself...after all the ops you have had Elna..I am hoping this is the last...we are all behind you...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Never heard of it Elna, had a quick look ooooouch sounds really painful, I hope the surgery goes well and gives you lots of relief, will be there for pocket duties if needed.............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Aw, bless you all. Thank you. I shall keep you informed as and when I get more news. I have a CT scan at the end of this week. I am keeping myself busy, that is my way of coping. ;)

Hugs to you

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I, too, was intrigued and googled, I really feel for you as it sounds so very painful. Interesting name too! I'm sorry things are so bad with your poor shoulder. :(

Sometimes keeping busy to distract yourself is the only way. Wishing you lots of luck with your CT scan. x
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Thank you Starburst.

Elna :xmas_smile:

• dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello again, Elna, we're a week on now since your first post so how are things going? I expect you have more than enough to keep you busy at this time of year! DD

g025.gif
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi DD

I have had a CT scan and am waiting for an appointment to see the consultant again. Thank you for asking.

It is a busy time of year and I am getting slower at accomplishing things which is something most of us are aware of isn't it?

:hoho:

Elna

• barbara12
    Options
    Thought I would bump this up ..Elizabeth didn't see it first time ,round and I am wounder how you are getting on Elna.. is the op not far off, if so will be thinking about you...(((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hello Elna. I'm so sorry I missed this first time around. Bless Barbara for remembering and thinking about you. She was asking me if I'd heard any news on fb.
    Have you had the operation yet as we are some weeks away from the New Year now? If so I hope everything went well and you are on the road to a good recovery.

Elizabeth xx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hello dear Barbara and Elizabeth,

You are so kind to be thinking about me. Thank you. I now have a date which is 14 March but I may be "done" earlier. The parts to be fitted into my shoulder are being specially made for me from my CT scan which I had at the end of last year. These parts will be sent to the surgeon and if he okays them then all systems go .......

Love
    Elna x

• hileena111
    Options
    Hi Elna
    That's good news.....although you've had so many ops
    Still the sooner the better
    Keep us updated

Love
    Hileena
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Will do Hileena.

Love
    Elna x

• hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks Elna because if possible I don't want to start anther club with the 2 of us :lol::lol:
    Sounds nasty

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Custom made? Blimey, that does sound interesting, Elna. I wish you all the very best for whenever is happens, and for the future.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    Options
    Elna its so good to hear from you, I just didn't want to bother you by PM..so bothered Elizabeth instead :wink: ..but she didn't mind :) ..so it is being made to measure.. :) hopefully it will be earlier, then there is less waiting for you,don't forget we are all hear , and wishing you well..its our very own bionic Elna :) will be thinking of you..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Hope all goes well
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hello Elna.

Is the op still pencilled in for 14th March? If so I wish you the very best and hope you can manage to pop back to LWA to let us know how you get on,

Elizabeth xxxxx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thanks for bumping this up Elizabeth..I hope all goes well for the op Elna ,and hopefully you or OH will be able to let us know how it went..some positive hugs coming your way...(((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello, just to say that I am thinking of you and that, if it's going ahead tomorrow, that it all goes well. ((( ))) DD