Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Anyone know if

migmig Posts: 7,145
edited 29. Jan 2015, 04:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
There is a product that will help keep bits off a wool coat ? for last winter i brought a dark navy coat from m&s ,i had money and a gift card for birthday so i decided to put them towards a new coat its a lovely coat smart, warm and looks good dressed up or down the only problem is it attracts bits i only wear it once and it looks covered so next time i want to wear it i have to clean it down with one of those sticky rollers, i had it dry cleaned a few months ago and told them the problem i was having they couldn't come up with a solution so I'm passing the problem on to you folk . Mig

Comments

• LignumVitaeLignumVitae Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    As the owner of a white haired dog I can confirm that the only thing whihc works for me is a rubber clothes brush with fine teeth (are they called teeth on a brush?) I use it when I am about to leave the house, when I put anything like nice wool coats away and in between when necessary. I try to avoid tissues, anything woolly and pale and hope that the beautiful dog doesn't greet me when I am coming in/ going out. I find the rubber brush so much more effective than the sticky roll things but a bit harder work.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 25,992 ✭✭✭
    The coat sounds lovely and, if the weather forecast is to believed, will be very necessary in the coming week(s).

Alas, I have no solution. It is a well-known fact that there are two kinds of dirt - the dark kind which is attracted to light-coloured objects and the light kind which is attracted to dark-coloured objects.

(Is there a Scotch Guard for clothing?)
    “There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
  • migmig Posts: 7,145
    Blinking heck Sticky just googled it ,amazon came up with scotch guard for fabrics and upholstery and is suitable for clothing.Mig
  • stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 25,992 ✭✭✭
    On second thoughts, isn't it just a stain repellant not a 'bits' repellant :(
    “There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
  • migmig Posts: 7,145
    OH DEAR thought id cracked it .Mig
  • LignumVitaeLignumVitae Posts: 1,972
    It's for stains - my mum was very excited to use it on my clothes when I was little...I can't think why :roll:
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • barbara12barbara12 Posts: 20,857
    Hi Mig..I was just going to say the waterproof stuff for clothing helps ,its similar to scotchguard..but see SW thought of it...I have a navy one and it does help..and keeps the rain off..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • appleroseapplerose Posts: 3,621
    Hope someone finds a solution. I have a lovely black coat which is often covered in white dog hair from either my daughter's dog I'm looking after for a while or my son's dog when I visit or get in my his car.
    Christine
  • tkachevtkachev Posts: 8,332
    We are a house full of hair shedders (particularly we girlies) so I use sellotape !

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Airwave!Airwave! Posts: 2,427 ✭✭
    Perhaps we could find a way to get paper hankies that have been through the washing machine off of fleeces?