I am tired.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 29. Apr 2015, 14:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
The past three weeks have been difficult, to say the least. I am aware that new depths have been plumbed, and that accepting and adapting to them will prepare me for the next dive when it arrives, but it is all very tiresome.

I appreciate that this is not a good topic for newbies so I apologise for my post. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sorry you are feeling so low and things are so difficult for you at the moment. Hope things improve soon and don't get worse again. (((hugs)))
    Christine
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    So sorry to hear this DD, take care of yourself ((((()))))
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Just sending some understanding. Feel free to curse and shout and moan.....it may not change anything but sometimes it just needs doing.

((((((( )))))))))

Deb x
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    So sorry to hear that things are difficult for you at the moment, DD. Be kind to yourself and take care.

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you for your kind words and thoughts, everyone, they are much appreciated. I have methed today so of course expect to be skipping round like a spring lamb by this time tomorrow. :lol: Dream on, Daisy. :wink:
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    skipping round like a spring lamb
    Hmm, two words of warning - mint sauce!
    Seriously, I do hope there is a bit of a lift for you, and that the forecast weather change coupled with the rampant yellow peril(aka rape fields) doesn't knock you back.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    DD you just start to think I am accepting this, then like you say new depths..maybe another little break away with some pampering ..I call pampering having my meals made :) ...hope you feel less tired very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hope things look brighter soon, DD.
  • applerose
    Hope you've been feeling better today DD.
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh believe me, I wish I had. :lol: Things are getting worse but that is the nature of my beasts. I can't change it, all the meds in the world won't alter things for the better so head down, elbows out and plod on is the name of the game. Mr DD is off to the last home game this afternoon then we're meeting two friends in the curry house at 7 pm. I would like to say I'm looking forward to it . . . . I suppose I'll enjoy it when I get there. DD
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Good luck for the Ipswich game. They are drawing at the moment.

I'm sure you will enjoy the curry and meeting with friends but I know it can be a battle getting motivated to leave the house at times.

All the best for a lovely evening and some better days ahead.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I hope you did enjoy your meal out in the end. I do love a good curry. I never used to but as I've got older, my palette has become more refined. What do you normally have?

Take it easy. One day at a time, eh? x
  • applerose
    Hope you managed to enjoy your evening out. x
    Christine
  • Slosh
    Hope your evening out was a bit of a tonic for you
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hope you had a good night.(((()))) Mig
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Morning Daisy
    The sun is shining here {looking through the window anyways lol} the temperature is minus 3 degrees at the moment.
    Just to cheer you up :wink:
    Seriously, how are you this morning? Any better?

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    I survived Saturday but it was tough going. They ordered the set meal for four and added my favourite for me, prawn dansak - sweet, sour and hot. I ate half and then finished the rest for my Sunday lunch. I find that pain reduces my appetite so maybe that's a good thing. :wink:

Yesterday was a quiet day and today will be too. I know my limits and they are currently somwhat limited. Ain't arthritis fun? :lol: DD
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Just read my reply {above DD} not minus 3........its 3 degrees lol
    I wasnt half wakened

Hileena
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hi DD, sorry things are still not good. That's a very valid point about pain reducing appetite - hubby always asks if I'm hurting if I leave stuff on my plate, as I mostly have a healthy appetite.

I'm suffering a bit from our break in Amsterdam, but at least I had the pleasure before the pain!
  • dreamdaisy
    Apparently last night it dropped to minus 8 in NI! That is seriously cold. The thermometer on the garage wall (which is in full sun for most of the day) is only showing 13 so I guess it's cooler than that. Sticky's in for a shock when she returns!

Hello theresak, I hope you had a lovely time and that the (usually -inevitable-but-not-guaranteed) payback is worth it. DD
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    I hope that slowly things are starting to improve, even if it's painfully slow progress.

Take care of yourself,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    (((((()))))) Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you, each and every one, for your thoughts, words of support and encouragement, they are much appreciated. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Such a shame you couldn't eat all the meal, but glad to see it wasn't wasted.. hope today has been a better one...think summer has done a runner for now.. :roll: something in between will do..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Thinking of you and sending hugs (((())))
    Julian of Norwich