Pandas and Scottish Labour MPs.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 8. May 2015, 17:14 in Community Chit-chat archive
Apparently there are more pandas in Scotland than Labour MPs. Twitter can (occasionally) be interesting.

What an astonishing night and day in British politics this has been. I have lived through some momentous times and this registers on my list of big events. I am saddened that it has overshadowed the VE celebration but 'tis the nature of the modern world, yes? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    An astonishing night, as you say, DD. I put the news on as soon as I got up this morning expecting a hung Parliament, and wondering who would get into bed with whom. Lots of voters must have waited until very late in the day to make their minds up.

I watched the lovely ceremony this afternoon at the Cenotaph I do enjoy a good dose of pomp and circumstance. I especially love a military band & am heading to our own DLI Museum tomorrow.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Indeed. More pandas than labour, Tory or Lib Dem MPs. The political map looks very different today and parliament will look very different with so many familiar faces absent. Is it a crisis or opportunity? Let's hope it's the latter.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright