Pocket Duties Please !

Options
2»

Comments

• silkysam
    silkysam Member Posts: 113
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thanks Sticky wicket. It is so wonderful to come on this forum to to air your problems. It wears you out all these hurdles. I know that what makes me feel better is sharing a concern with a listening ear. I always appreciate the sound comments and advice given. I feel better and more able to face this now. Hope I can help someone like you always help me. Thank you and hope you are having a good day xx
  • silkysam
    Options
    Well, had the follow-up appointment.The Consultant (not the same one) was absolutely brilliant! I was so confident with him, he was very kind and efficient, reading through my notes and explaining - as I had expected last time - why I had had, the proceedure done. Pointing to my last X-Ray with needle going in, he pointed out the area treated, in an effort to establish if it is my hip or discs giving me the majority of this pain and mobility problems. Then he went on to say he was confident that ,even though I had minimal pain relief from the injection, it was enough to establish where the major problem lies. I saw him look through (the letter from last consultant) The one that looked like it was written about someone else. My husband asked if he could comment on it, which he agreed to, although he didn't make a comment.

The conclusion of the lengthy appointment resulted in him, telling me I was too young to be suffering such a poor quality of life re: pain and mobility problems. That now they have a brilliant solution suitable for younger patients. The suggestion is a Ceramic on Ceramic hip replacement. I was very touched by his passion over this type of hip replacement and so immediately agreed to put my name on the waiting list. The Consultant said that as it is so human friendly and durable, it shouldn't need replacing in the future. I am not really aware of Ceramic on Ceramic Hip Replacement and have researched it. I was wondering if anyone here on the forum has had one?

Well, I came away feeling very happy at the prospect of being fixed :), although he made a point of saying that he couldn't say for sure if my prolapsed discs were still the reason I may be getting the pain. That he did feel most symptoms seemed to indicate the OA in right hip and lower spine.
    Any feed back welcome. Thanks a trillion for all your support :):)
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Wow, that sounds like a really good appointment! You desrve thatafter being messed about by your previous consultant. It`s so nice to feel you are being listened to, and to know that someone really wants to help.

Sorry, I don`t know anything about replacement hips, but I`m sure someone will be along soon who does.

I`m so pleased for you,

Tezz x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    So please it went well this time .Mig
  • silkysam
    Options
    thanks for your reply Tezz. I am seeing my GP this week, so he will be able (hopefully) to enlighten me. Yes, it was a major difference with my appointment. As I thought it was going to be when I returned for result after the proceedure

Mig, well I am hoping it was a good appointment. The Consultant was very nice and helpful. I just need to find out more about Ceramic on Ceramic hip replacements. xx Thanks for asking :)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I'm glad you had a good appointment. It makes up for the last one. Ceramic on ceramic? Sorry. I've no idea what mine are but they're too old to be that :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    I'm sorry I haven't been back to answer but I've not been great and had to have a steroid injection in my hip.
    One thing that struck me was the next time you see a consultant or anyone else at the hospital aske to be copied into their mail.
    It means that every time they write to yur GP you get a copy of it.
    I've had to get in touch with my GP before now when I've had a copy letter asking them to prescribe something and I haven't heard a word from them.
    Good Luck
    Love
    Hileena
  • emmaadams
    emmaadams Member Posts: 140
    Options
    ive just stumbled across this thread im really glad your latest appointment was a success .. i know how disappointing it can be to be messed around by consultants as a similar thing happened with me after i had my knee surgery ..... i have never heard of ceramic on ceramic either im afraid but thought id send you my regards and hope all goes well at you GP's this week xxx

Emma x :D
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I think some hospitals must be different to others i have always had copies without having to ask and i have a box file with them all in.
    Hope you're feeling a bit better. Mig