I have wonderful news!

Options
2»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Many congratulations, Legs, this is indeed cheering news and I wish everyone very well indeed. Choosing possible contenders on the name front is always fun; when friends of ours were expecting her first (knowing the gender) we all settled on Squadron Leader Binky Dado-Rail Horsforth. They chose Jasmine because she was a winter baby, but even now (she's 22) she answers to Binky or Dado. I began knitting a fabulously complicated Kaffe Fasset baby all-in-one, by the time I finished it her younger sister had outgrown it.

Good luck with the thumb, I hope all goes smoothly! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    :lol: Which reminds me. When pregnant with No 1 son, and still teaching, it felt like he was fighting a major war in there most days so we temporarily named him accordingly.

Fast forward 17 years. Jersey airport. I bumped into one of my former 6th form pupils. Briefly, her first question had me flummoxed. "How's Spartacus?" she asked.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    frogmorton wrote:
    Your nieces do have unusual names and I have added them to my list Toni ...I daren't ask what your brother's name is :shock: Would I want his name on my list?

Thanks for your good wishes re thumb op, I shall keep everyone posted. :D

Love,

Ok are you ready??

Quentin.

My Mum was French Dad Hungarian so our surname was also unusual.....

I love it when he goes to France - guess how the French pronounce it :lol:

DD's knitting story was great - rather like my knitting attempts and PLEASE don't call either of the ickle bubbas Spartacus!!!

What DO we do to our children?!!
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Thanks you Dreamdaisy and Jasmine is a lovely name. :D At the moment they're Thunderbird 1 and 2 because the scan marks them as T1 and T2! :D What a pity about the Kaffe Fasset - never heard of that but I'm going to Google Image it after all education is everything! :wink:

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Hi SW and Toni

Spartacus ....now there's a thought :lol:

And Toni when I say Quentin to myself in a French accent it is very rude :oops: :oops: ....or do I have a bad accent?!!!!! :wink::D

Take care.

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello Linda
    congratulations to you all
    i'm a twin and we were born 2 month's early the thing is you can be smaller.
    I was 1 pound 14 ounces sue 2 pound 2 ounces.
    you always have a friend.
    i'm so pleased for you all.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Lovely news, thrilled for your whole family. What a lovely Christmas present! :D
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Hello Joan and thank you. My, you and your sister were tiny .....I assume you've made up for it now :wink::lol: I think it's lovely to have a companion all your life :):)

And thank you Starburst too, one Christmas baby is wonderful, two are mind blowing :D:D

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    And thank you Starburst too, one Christmas baby is wonderful, two are mind blowing :D:D

Have you been practicing holding two babies at once, LL? When I was fitter, I used to be a mother's help for identical twin girls and the first time I had to carry them both down the stairs at the same time was....interesting.
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Starburst wrote:
    lindalegs wrote:
    Have you been practicing holding two babies at once, LL? When I was fitter, I used to be a mother's help for identical twin girls and the first time I had to carry them both down the stairs at the same time was....interesting.

Did you drop one? :shock: :shock: I think Starburst that I'm a 1-at-a-time gal .......and it takes me all my time to get me downstairs let alone a baby or two. :shock: Mr Legs will be on hand though .....did i mention already he's related to Superman :wink:

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    My Daughter and I have just worked out the pronunciation Toni!

My Niece insisted her new Brother or Sister would be called LaLa.

Are they both Crumb?

Elizabeth xx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Last Friday he only had one baby in his tummy who was called Jack and he asked me to put my hand on it to feel it kick :shock:

Perhaps this week he will say something totally different E! We do wait for him to say without prompting as January is a long way away when you're three :D

Love,
    Love, Legs x