Windows 10 .....is anyone having it????

Options

Comments

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I was on Windows 8 before, I had no problem before but windows 10 was an upgrade so I decided to give it a try and I liked it!

lindalegs wrote:
    bubbadog wrote:
    I've downloaded it, think it's fine and it has Cortana on it which I've used a few times. Having no problems and I'm keeping it on.

Bubba were you windows 7 or 8 before you downloaded 10. And were you dissatisfied before?

Love,
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Think this sums it up Linda..my neighbour on windows 7 has uninstalled it and the other one on windows 8 loves it..im sticking with my 7 for now..like you say if it ain't broke..
    Love
    Barbara
  • pot80
    pot80 Member Posts: 109
    Options
    Everybody I asked said "Don't"
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I'm still sticking with Windows 7 .......for now.

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • Brutha
    Brutha Member Posts: 51
    Options
    I did install 10. It broke my wireless internet and I couldn't be bothered to work out what happened. So I just clicked the box to go back. And now all works fine again on window 7. I like my technology, but this was just too annoying! Perhaps I was having a stressed couple of days and maybe didn't put enough effort in!

Mark
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Poor you Mark :(

No idea why that happened - I am the least techie person I know :oops:

Toni x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well, having reserved it (and seen numerous reminders about installation) I went for it because bravado was the name of the game. :wink: Unlike life it was totally painless - albeit an age in happening - and now I am 'using' Windows 10.

So far I like it but I am not a reliable barometer of the good things in the techy world. My general screen is clearer and neater, the appearance of the forum is larger and brighter (which helps matters) but I have yet to speak to Cortana (Who am I kidding? I won't.) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    Options
    bubbadog wrote:
    I was on Windows 8 before, I had no problem before but windows 10 was an upgrade so I decided to give it a try and I liked it!

lindalegs wrote:
    bubbadog wrote:
    I've downloaded it, think it's fine and it has Cortana on it which I've used a few times. Having no problems and I'm keeping it on.

Bubba were you windows 7 or 8 before you downloaded 10. And were you dissatisfied before?

Love,

I was Windows 8 but because it was something new and updated wanted to give it ago.
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Had a little argument with it earlier this week as I was trying to find Microsoft Word and couldn't figure it out, I went to change it back to Windows 8 and you couldn't anymore so then I decided to look at the help box and then figured it out you had to use Windows edge so happy again now. It's just a case of learning how to use it then it's fine.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    How are those of you with Windows 10 getting on with it now? I still haven't decided to go with it.
    Christine
  • lindalegs
    Options
    I'd be interested to know too.

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • barbara12
    Options
    My neighbour loves it now..s say its speed his comp up..but I am holding fire..
    Linda how are the little babies coming along ..not long now..how exciting :D xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • lindalegs
    Options
    I'm holding fire too Barbara. I think it suits people more who were running Windows 8. I do like Windows 7 so I don't want to get rid of that in case I don't like Windows 10.

Mummy will be 30 weeks pregnant Monday, Barbara. She looks full term now!:shock: Sometimes it's really hard because one baby kicks her in her diaphragm whilst the other stamps on her bladder :roll: Mummy looks very well though and at least the babies seem to sleep together at the moment ....so she can get some respite. :D

Thanks for asking :D

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • barbara12
    Options
    Bless ..thank goodness they sleep at night hope that carry's on...I just wounder how much you have already spent...Im a sucka for baby clothes... :D think we have done now with baby's, but you never know...
    Yes I do like windows 7..
    Love
    Barbara
  • lindalegs
    Options
    :D:D Barbara I said the babies sleep at the same time ....I didn't say at night :shock: a065.gif

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • barbara12
    Options
    slip of the tounge might be an omen... :lol::lol: hope so..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • lindalegs
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    slip of the tounge might be an omen... :lol::lol: hope so..x

Mummy and daddy really hope so too a055.gif

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Awww!!!

30 weeks is a very good milestone to pass :)

Wouldn't it be lovely if they always sleep at the same time? Let's hope Barbara is right Legs :)

I am still doing fine on windows 10 thanks.

Had to 'find' my printer again and that was about it!

Love

Toni xxx
  • lindalegs
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Awww!!!

30 weeks is a very good milestone to pass :)
    Wouldn't it be lovely if they always sleep at the same time? Let's hope Barbara is right Legs :)

I am still doing fine on windows 10 thanks.
    Had to 'find' my printer again and that was about it!

Love
    Toni xxx

Toni, Windows 10 is tempting me a little more each day :shock:

The babies are being delivered by Cesarean on 21st December unless they decide to come before. (With it being twins they're not allowed to go full term.) I shall share the lead up with my forum friend by putting up a thread during December so we can all enjoy the prospect of Christmas babies :wink:

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    Options
    I've bit the bullet and reserved my copy of Windows 10 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'll keep you posted.

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Eeeeek!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously well-done Legs ;)

Come on join me :shock:
  • lindalegs
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Eeeeek!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously well-done Legs ;)

Come on join me :shock:

I haven't got it yet Toni as I assume there's a queue.

How long do you have to wait or is the 'a piece of string question' :roll:

Does it just appear on my PC or do I get an email telling me to start download???

So as the old song goes 'I'm still waiting' :wink:

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Windows 10 came yesterday!

I got a pop-up on my PC to say it was here and I should schedule my download.

I decided to download immediately.

It takes about an hour to initialise the files and then download it. You can shrink the dialogue box and work/use your PC whilst this is happening.

Then you have to restart your PC. After this there's a big hold-up whilst your computer re-configures itself when you can do nothing but wait. I was going out so this didn't matter to me and I just left it running so I don't know how long this took. At the slow speed it was going I assume it took a couple of hours unless it had some surges in speed as it was running along.

When I got home it had finished and I had to 'set up' some stuff before I could get on screen.

I used to use Microsoft Security Essentials free security downloaded from the internet and this isn't compatible with Windows 10 but it has Windows Defender as a built in free security. This looks the same as Microsoft Essentials so I've just updated Defender and am running a virus scan as I type.

My initial thoughts are my PC seems a lot faster and is a lot clearer. My desktop looks the same though there are added features to the toolbar which I shall explore later today.

I consider that if I had bought a new computer I would have to use Windows 10 anyway so I may as well just get used to it now.

If you do decide to download Windows 10 do it when you don't need to be on your PC.

It's like having a new toy to play with. :D

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I decided to go for it a couple of nights ago. I did t in 2 bits over 2 nights. Still getting used to it. Seems ok but pages are taking longer to load. That could be something else of course. t said I can go back to Windows 7 within a month if I'm not happy.
    Christine
  • lindalegs
    Options
    applerose wrote:
    I decided to go for it a couple of nights ago. I did t in 2 bits over 2 nights. Still getting used to it. Seems ok but pages are taking longer to load. That could be something else of course. t said I can go back to Windows 7 within a month if I'm not happy.

Hi Christine,

I found that my PC is faster now I have Windows 10.

The one drawback I find is that I used to use Microsoft Paint for my computer portraits and it has now lost some of the functions. Whether this is peculiar to my PC and version of Paint I don't know. :roll:

Everything else I'm very pleased with and am really glad I changed to Windows 10 :D

Love,
    Love, Legs x