Windows 10 .....is anyone having it????

Options
13»

Comments

• applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It does seem a bit faster today although I found another problem last night. If I try to open my ntlworld emails, it says cookies are not enabled and that my account has been disabled. Going back to Chrome, it's fine.

Also found notifications give me information such as programmes running in the background are slowing things down. I can click a link to show me what is running but not what I can stop safely.

I don't use paint so no idea if it works for me.
    Christine
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry I haven't gone through this thread completely but I was on windows 7 until about a week ago and changed to 10 because I got fed up with this ad popping up. Don't like it as much as 7 and would go back if I was sure I wouldn't mess things up.
    It's genuine enough but I just don't like it and apparently it wont be long before they stop supporting windows 7

Love
    Hileena
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    applerose wrote:
    It does seem a bit faster today although I found another problem last night. If I try to open my ntlworld emails, it says cookies are not enabled and that my account has been disabled. Going back to Chrome, it's fine.

Also found notifications give me information such as programmes running in the background are slowing things down. I can click a link to show me what is running but not what I can stop safely.

I don't use paint so no idea if it works for me.

That's strange about your email but you might be able to enable the cookies in your 'tools/options/privacy' but if you ask in Chrome Help on your home page it should tell you how there.

Regarding the stopping background apps running if you click the link below it tells you how.

http://techdows.com/2015/08/stop-windows-10-background-apps-running.html

Hope that helps. :D

Love
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi
    Sorry I haven't gone through this thread completely but I was on windows 7 until about a week ago and changed to 10 because I got fed up with this ad popping up. Don't like it as much as 7 and would go back if I was sure I wouldn't mess things up.
    It's genuine enough but I just don't like it and apparently it wont be long before they stop supporting windows 7

Love
    Hileena

Hi Hileena, I too decided that I would download W10 because W7 will stop being supported soon, plus if I had a new PC I would have no choice but W10.

I do like it though.

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    No, Windows 7 will be supported for another 25 years. It's only XP that they will expire updates on. Only get Windows 10 if you buy a new Laptop/computer. You will find
    all kinds of problems as well as a much slower computer If you upgrade on an older machine.
  • applerose
    Options
    Thank you Lindalegs. Things are ok in Chrome. It's MS Edge where I have problems. I have turned on the cookies but it still says they are switched off when I try to sign in to my emails. As for the background apps, I've had a look at them and I don't know what some of them are so don't know if it's ok to turn them off. Think I need to do a bit of research when I get round to it to find out. :?
    Christine
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Well tonight wasnt very busy so I decided to have a look around windows 10. All the boxes that show up etc. All I did was click on each one to see what it was....reasonable??? when you get a new system???
    Anyway all my icons on my desktop disappeared and my taskbar disappeared.
    After a while I managed to get Peter to drag himself away from the TV to have a look at it :roll:
    He couldnt do anything with it then he found something that said back to windows 7 within 30 days of installing windows 10.
    So here I am...back on windows 7 for better or worse :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    Options
    Just wish we could go back whenever we want. Wonder if I could go back a few days before time's up then switch back for another month. I need more time to decide. :?
    Christine
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Christine
    Not sure but it said that you couldnt go back after 30 days of being on windows 10
    I'm no expert but if I went back before the 30 { like I have} I still think I could go to windows 10 later.
    Just not switch BACK later.
    But like I say I'm no expert so dont take my advice on that
    Good luck with whatever you decide

Love
    Hileena